Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Molotov of Doom bug still here?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Molotov of Doom bug still here? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Molotov of Doom bug still here? - 9/14/2000 1:11:00 AM   
Tommy

Kanev Bridgehead German Tiger rolls down the street, Russian Inf drops a Molotov on the Tiger; Game crashes to Windows. Just like the old days when the Molotov hitting the German 251 halftrack blew up the game! Didn't you squash that bug? It's back. SPWAW 4.0 Win NT 4 SP4 PII 330 BTW; I love the optional Op fire, the message log window and the faster game speed. Great work! Tommy

Post #: 1
- 9/14/2000 1:16:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

This could be a problem with the scenario data not being updated correctly, or an NT problem. Also try upgrading to NT SP 6.

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 2
- 9/14/2000 3:36:00 AM   
Supra89

I've also encountered the same problem with molotovs, (i'm running windows 95).

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 3
- 9/14/2000 4:24:00 AM   
Elvis

I've had vehicles destroyed by Molotovs with no crash to desktop in v.4.0, and have yet to see the game crash to desktop for any reason. (I've been playing v.2.1-4.0 in Win98) ------------------ alea iacta est [email]sooperduk@hotmail.com[/email]

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 4
- 9/14/2000 4:24:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Which game version? Patch or complete. If a patch - are you sure it didn't stash files in a sub directory of Steel Panthers World at War called Steel panthers World at War? Is it in a scenario or battle gen game? If a scenraio - which one? [This message has been edited by Paul Vebber (edited September 13, 2000).]

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 5
- 9/14/2000 4:05:00 PM   
Alex

Im almost sure it a win NT thing... I play the game on two computers one with win 95 at home the other winth win NT at work. It works fine on win95. It also works fine on NT until somebody uses a molotov than the game always goes out to windows. Alex

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 6
- 9/14/2000 5:04:00 PM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Alex: Im almost sure it a win NT thing... I play the game on two computers one with win 95 at home the other winth win NT at work. It works fine on win95. It also works fine on NT until somebody uses a molotov than the game always goes out to windows. Alex
It's definitly not so .. it's more likely a per-install issue, so to say. I tested SPWaWv2.3 (patched from 2.1) here at work with NT4.0 SP5, and it didn't crash. Ar home I've got Win95.0, and with the first install it didn't crash either. Had to de-install it meanwhile, and after reinstalling I got the ominous crash. More strange is - I use Japs "Tank Hunters" with Molotovs against Russ Tanks, and everything is o.k. - but the Russ Inf attacking (not only OPFire) my troops crash the game. I already checked the OOB and and tweaked both units to use the same stats for Molotov, but the Tank Hunter have them in Slot 1 and the Infantry in Slot 4 (IIRC); however , a little test with the scenario editor showed it didn't make any difference. Mailed the savegame to Paul but haven't got any news about it up to now .. but he's always busy as we all know so .. Downloading SPWaW4.0 at the moment .. will see if this bug stills comes creeping up with it .. Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 7
- 9/14/2000 7:31:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

The bug may still occur in older scenarios because the faulty data may still be in the scenario. Has anybody seen it in a version 4 battle generator game (in any mode)?

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 8
- 9/14/2000 10:12:00 PM   
Fredde

For me, it occurred in the Ramelle (movie version) scenario which is supposed to be updated? I can set up a Russo/German generated battle tonight and try it out.

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 9
- 9/14/2000 10:29:00 PM   
Tommy

Paul, I read your prior warning about the nested folders. I maded sure my update installed to the correct folder. I went the update patch route: from 2.1 to 3.23 (the escaped beta) to 4.0. I was just about to go from NT SP4 to SP5 to SP6 ... more later. This doesn't sound like an OS problem if the Win 95 guys have it. Tommy

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 10
- 9/15/2000 12:20:00 AM   
Supra89

I've solved the problem with molotovs by changeing the weapon sound with the OOB editor from 603 to 0, only it now sounds like a flame thrower. Hope this helps.

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 11
- 9/15/2000 12:33:00 AM   
Wild Bill

In all my testing and playing, I've yet to see this happen. Now that is strange. And I've used plenty of molotovs. They are in abundance in the heroes campaign and I played it through three times and never had a crash with a molotov. I never saw it in Ramelle, either Fredde. They were using sticky bombs there or that was the original designation. The latest OOBs may have changed that so I will go look. Besides, I'm in the mood to play it again and this is a great excuse I'll be back...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 12
- 9/15/2000 12:51:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Its apparantly a case of that particular sound file not playing well with some - But does with others - I will pass it on to Jon...

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 13
- 9/15/2000 1:24:00 AM   
Tombstone

On win2k everything seems in order as far as molotov cocktail use. The Heroes of the Motherland campaign is pretty neat so far... Tomo

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 14
- 9/15/2000 2:08:00 AM   
Tommy

Paul, I think that Arralen is on to something here. I upgraded NT to SP6 and it still crashes on the molotov. After a couple of replays I noticed that the Russian Infantry killed the first 2 tanks with molotovs as the first weapon fired - with no crash. I then drove the 3rd tank up to them and they didn't Close Assault it, they fired weapon 1 (rifle) then weapon 2 (MG??) then weapon 3 (grenade) then weapon 4 (molotov). As soon as the molotov hit, the game crashed. This appears to be related to the slot or sequence that the molotov hits relative to the other weapons. Tommy

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 15
- 9/15/2000 2:57:00 AM   
Tommy

Paul, I read Supra89's post. I used the OOB editor to change the Soviet weapon 085 Molotov sound from 603 to 0. The game no longer crashes. Do you use a different sound file or sequence if the molotov is used as the 1st or 4th weapon? Are other PC system resources in use that conflict differently? My sound card is the built in Yamaha chip OPL3-SA3 on the Intel motherboard AL440LX. sound driver ver 4.00.6315 http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/al440lx/ Tommy

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 16
- 9/15/2000 3:02:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Thanks Tombstone. Glad you are enjoying Heroes. I did too. Just came back from Ramelle. Only Ryan had a molotov and I used it with no crashes, but I changed it so it would not bother anyone else. The revised 4.0 version is now up. Even if you are sick of playing it, you might want it for you files. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Molotov of Doom bug still here? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI