Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Another question - campaigns

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Another question - campaigns Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another question - campaigns - 9/19/2007 5:05:40 PM   
ab5000

I think I'm ready to start doing campaigns, and I was going to start in the East Front module. But one thing I noticed is that these are only Soviet/German campaigns. Has anyone out there created different campaigns for download? Like a Winter War or Romanian Iron Guard pre Uranus or Hungarian in 44/45?
Post #: 1
RE: Another question - campaigns - 9/19/2007 5:18:44 PM   
Jason Petho

Not that I recall.

There are additional campaigns available here:

http://redarrowproductions.com/EScen.htm

Jason Petho

(in reply to ab5000)
Post #: 2
RE: Another question - campaigns - 11/28/2007 10:05:06 PM   
Conny D

This site (German language) has some Linked campaigns also one as Romanian Army Player

http://www.feldzugschmiede.com/

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
RE: Another question - campaigns - 11/28/2007 11:50:34 PM   
Dumnorix

quote:

This site (German language) has some Linked campaigns also one as Romanian Army Player

http://www.feldzugschmiede.com/

These scenarios are however fictitious and not historical. The maps are very bad and the Soviet units are wrong.

H.Balck

< Message edited by Dumnorix -- 11/28/2007 11:52:42 PM >

(in reply to Conny D)
Post #: 4
RE: Another question - campaigns - 11/29/2007 1:30:17 AM   
Conny D

Absolutely right. All units are wrong not only the Soviets. I thought wow cool a Stalingrad LCG and then its just crap, not the slightest recreation of history, everything generic

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 5
RE: Another question - campaigns - 11/29/2007 1:33:17 AM   
Conny D

But then, if anyone likes it nonetheless, who doesnt care a bit about historical accuracy, it might be fun i dunno to me their stuff is crap

(in reply to Conny D)
Post #: 6
RE: Another question - campaigns - 11/29/2007 11:25:57 AM   
Udet

The linked campaigns at feldzugschmiede.com don't create history very well, that's right, but they are a lot of fun to play. I have played many of them and always enjoyed them. That is because I play wargames for fun not for painstakingly recreating history.

I have great respect for the guys over at the Feldzugschmiede who are creating a lot of new stuff and by doing so are helping to keep the Campaign Series alive. On the other hand I have little respect for a guy always popping up for spoiling the work done by others - especially when this same guy is anouncing great historically accurate super-duper-mods which in my humble opinion will never be finished.

Udet

< Message edited by Udet -- 11/29/2007 6:56:09 PM >

(in reply to Conny D)
Post #: 7
RE: Another question - campaigns - 11/29/2007 5:17:04 PM   
1925frank

Thank you, Udet.  I found your post to be helpful.

(in reply to Udet)
Post #: 8
RE: Another question - campaigns - 11/30/2007 1:15:36 AM   
Conny D

You mean Balcks project then?

Okay Feldzugschmiede are helping keep CS alive but in no respect their scenarios can be compared to standards of Tom Herrschafts or Chris Wilsons campaigns. The CS value IMO lies exactly in the chance of recreating historical settings. If i want science fiction i would play fantasy games

(in reply to Udet)
Post #: 9
RE: Another question - campaigns - 11/30/2007 4:52:44 AM   
Dumnorix

Hallo Conny D
Now property, but the work of Tom Herrschafts and Chris Wilsons is not error free, naturally substantially more exact also than the "Fantasy" Scenarios of the Feldzugschmiede.
This required alone the History of WWII in respect of all soldiers from all nations lost the live.

H.Balck

< Message edited by Dumnorix -- 11/30/2007 4:53:12 AM >

(in reply to Conny D)
Post #: 10
RE: Another question - campaigns - 11/30/2007 7:06:47 PM   
Udet

@ Conny D:

The Feldzuschmiede campaigns and scenarios maybe in great parts fiction, but not science fiction. You can compare it to the average war movie which often has not much in common with history, but despite of this is great fun to watch. If you play fantasy games you will never get science fiction, you will get fantasy. If not, that would really be science fiction.

The value of the campaign series lies IMO in having fun and in the possibility to have both, historically accurate and fictious scenarios. By the way, has anyone tried to compare the Feldzugschmiede stuff to the campaings created by Herrschaft and Wilson? I don't think so and I would not recommend to do so. Yes, if I want a lesson in history I play a campaign by Herrschaft or Wilson, but if it is just for a little WW2 fun the Feldzugschmiede campaigns are very welcome to me.

Udet

(in reply to Conny D)
Post #: 11
RE: Another question - campaigns - 11/30/2007 8:57:57 PM   
1925frank

When I want to learn about history, I buy a book written by someone knowledgeable about that subject.  I don't buy a game.  For all I know, perhaps Dumnorix has written books on various aspects of WWII.  Dumnorix seems qualified.

Campaign Series is a game.  Campaign Series has sparked my interest in various WWII subjects.  I have never relied on this game or any other game to provide me totally accurate historical information. 

Like Udet, I can appreciate a historically accurate scenario, and I can appreciate a historical inaccurate scenario that is fun.  I would be a little upset if someone tried to pass off a scenario as historically accurate that was actually fictional.  I understand that even in scenarios that are supposedly historically accurate, people might disagree on various matters, such as maps, OOBs, and relative strength of units, but I would not attribute those disputes to incompetence or a deliberate desire to mislead.  I get the impression some people attribute discrepancies to incompetence or worse.  That seems a bit harsh. 

I disagree that historically inaccurate scenarios are disrespectful to those persons who suffered and died during the war. 

I disagree that historically accurate scenarios honor those persons who suffered and died during the war. 

Campaign Series is a game.  The purpose of games is to entertain.  A good game may also teach.  Campaign Series can teach, but that's not its primary purpose.

(in reply to Udet)
Post #: 12
RE: Another question - campaigns - 11/30/2007 9:30:57 PM   
Legionaer

Gentlemen,

i read here with interest and sometimes i´m not sure if i should cry or laugh!

The reason are the comments from his majesty self, better known as the "god-creator"!

I translated some elements for the Feldzugschmiede and know the guys. They made and make a very good Job with their works. Take a look to the well made Website. The grafik files are very good, maybe one of the best - some of them you will find in Dumnorix/H. Balck´s works!

The scenarios and campaigns of their Zusatz-CD´s are maybe historical or not ... but what is the problem, what is YOUR problem? They give a lot of fun and they are PLAY ABLE (especially for you H. Balck), the CD´s are in use until today! What was the result of your first project? I remember you sent CD´s against money and the game wasn´t play able.

sztartur wrotes in an other thread that a lot of the bmp unit pics in H. Balck´s Mod are "lent" from other PGII(I) Mods. Very well made.

I also use bmp units from other developers in my Post War Project, but i have not the intention to earn money with it. I do it for fun.

An other confusing fact: By Matrix your birthday is 2/17/1952, and whow ... by the Feldzugschmiede i read: Geburtstag: 30.11.1971!

Mr. Balck,

i followed your works, very well made. But in every version i found errors (you remember about the missing files?, the DEMO crashed more than once).

If you need help ... there are so many guys in the community that would help as play testers. Use their knowledge and stop your attacks on other member, developer, designer, ... and on the guys from theBlitz.org or Matrix. They are, ... we are not professionals and do it because we love (ok, we like ) the CS games. You should be proud that you have the chance for realising "your" project here.

The whole development of this thread here is very funny. A new member with the same rarely translated word (nonetheless) write about the Feldzugschmiede ... and what for a surprise. You told us again how bad the FSZ (but not the bmp files, remember they are a part in your works!) is. Very funny!

You will be a teacher??? Sorry, but there is nothing from your side that let us show this!
Now i will let me surprise about the following ... .

Best Regards,
Stefan

(in reply to Udet)
Post #: 13
RE: Another question - campaigns - 11/30/2007 10:58:08 PM   
sorrowman

It's a bloody game for fu*ks sake. Nobody lives or dies when one scenario or campaign isn't a painstakingly accurate recreation of what happened back in the day....and guess what...that's OK....it's a G-A-M-E we play for F-U-N!!!!

Some find it fun to create and play 100% (if at all possible) accurate scenario's and campaigns. Others are perfectly happy with playing scenario's that are no actualy recreation of what happened. Whatever it is that you prefer, let me try to put it in perspective. Let's all just be gratefull that Matrix Games and a seemingly small but dedicated modding community take time and effort to keep this series alive in the first place and are even making efforts to take it to the next level through further developing the game.

All I'm trying to say is that whoever is involved in keeping the series alive and even try to further develope it (either down the historically accurate path or the less-historically accurate path) should be given respect and credit for doing what they do. Oh, to use parts of a 3rd parties work in ones own project and dismiss the rest as crap...that's pretty harsh IMHO. You make your much appreciated contributions to this series and Feldzug Schmiede do what they feel is best to keeping the series going for a long time to come hopefully.

(in reply to Legionaer)
Post #: 14
RE: Another question - campaigns - 11/30/2007 11:35:13 PM   
Dumnorix

To legionär
quote:

sztartur wrotes in an other thread that a lot of the bmp unit pics in H. Balck´s Mod are "lent" from other PGII(I) Mods. Very well made.

All the unit-pictures was produce together from PAT and me. PAT consented, which I may use his work !
Over 350 units-bmp are however from me!!! sztartur is a member in my team.

quote:

and what for a surprise. You told us again how bad the FSZ (but not the bmp files, remember they are a part in your works!) is. Very funny!

The originals menu diagram are of me, Geraldino them only with Eagles processed. I can prove that on the basis pixel comparisons.The fundamental work comes thus from me! the product of Eagles is not used however in my final version. Where is the problem?

quote:

I also use bmp units from other developers in my Post War Project, but i have not the intention to earn money with it. I do it for fun.

For thirdclass work I would pay also nothing! (MÜLL !!!)

quote:

An other confusing fact: By Matrix your birthday is 2/17/1952, and whow ... by the Feldzugschmiede i read: Geburtstag: 30.11.1971!

30.11.1971 is correct - thanks !

quote:

i followed your works, very well made. But in every version i found errors (you remember about the missing files?, the DEMO crashed more than once).

Even debt: if one the installation does not obey correctly !

quote:

If you need help ... there are so many guys in the community that would help as play testers. Use their knowledge and stop your attacks on other member, developer, designer, ... and on the guys from theBlitz.org or Matrix. They are, ... we are not professionals and do it because we love (ok, we like ) the CS games. You should be proud that you have the chance for realising "your" project here.

My team is already complete - I do not need amateurs.

quote:

You will be a teacher??? Sorry, but there is nothing from your side that let us show this!
Now i will let me surprise about the following ...

I am by the way an archaeologist and teacher and work however in both occupations. Enviously ?

* You were weighed, you were measured and you found for not well enough. *
*Du wurdest gewogen, Du wurdest gemessen und Du wurdest für nicht gut genug befunden.*

H.Balck

< Message edited by Dumnorix -- 11/30/2007 11:47:18 PM >

(in reply to sorrowman)
Post #: 15
RE: Another question - campaigns - 12/1/2007 12:32:42 AM   
Jason Petho

A few life lessons:

1. Respect is earned, not demanded.

2. Two people can look at the same thing and see something different.

3. One controls their attitude, or it controls them.

4. Enjoyment is personal.

5. An ounce of assistance outweighs a tonne of whining.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 16
RE: Another question - campaigns - 12/1/2007 12:33:29 AM   
Arctic Blast

Uh...wow. This thread is like that car accident you just can't help but at least glance at as you drive by. The one thought that keeps popping in to my head here is...WHO CARES?! Play what you enjoy! If you like historical accuracy, good for you, go and find some of the many scenarios available out there to play. If you don't mind some inaccuracies or some fiction so long as you enjoy the scenario, good for you, there's plenty of options out there for you as well. As sorrowman put it, it is A GAME. You know, one of those things you play for ENTERTAINMENT. So find whatever part of it entertains you, and enjoy it.

One other little thing I do feel I have to add, though. Dumnorix...undoubtedly you are a very gifted modder for the game, and your project looks very interesting. However, how you seem to feel this gives you the right to talk down to everyone else like you are some sort of superior being is simply beyond me. Real simple...you are no better than everyone else. I think if you toned down the arrogance a little, people would probably respond to you in a much more conciliatory manner.

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 17
RE: Another question - campaigns - 12/1/2007 12:40:21 AM   
Legionaer

Aha,

that´s indeed the reaction it was to expect.

quote:

The originals menu diagram are of me, Geraldino them only with Eagles processed. I can prove that on the basis pixel comparisons.The fundamental work comes thus from me!

If you believe it ...

quote:

For thirdclass work I would pay also nothing! (MÜLL !!!)

Oh, what kind words. In your last FZS forum post you wrote ... Wir können uns ja ein wenig ggenseitig beraten. (for our english friends: we could consult us a little bit)

Shows your true face.

And the best of all, he saw only the posted Screens, nothing more! But he is the god-creator and so ...

quote:

30.11.1971 is correct - thanks !

If you don´t know it ...

quote:

Even debt: if one the installation does not obey correctly !

Man, i do it! Don´t rotate the facts! You sent in two updates the missed units!

quote:

My team is already complete - I do not need amateurs.

You understand nothing. And by the way ... do you think you´re a professional?

quote:

I am by the way an archaeologist and teacher and work however in both occupations. Enviously ?

And again he understood nothing. Do you understand the sentences? I doubt.

quote:

* You were weighed, you were measured and you found for not well enough. *
*Du wurdest gewogen, Du wurdest gemessen und Du wurdest für nicht gut genug befunden.*

Da spricht genau der richtige.

Stefan

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 18
RE: Another question - campaigns - 12/1/2007 12:50:15 AM   
Warhorse

Now, now boys...play nice!!

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Legionaer)
Post #: 19
RE: Another question - campaigns - 12/1/2007 12:57:13 AM   
MartNick

This may be a strange question but ... if this mod is not going to be integrated into the main CS game then why is it constantly discussed in this forum? Shouldn't it at least have a seperate forum, or be on a seperate website? It is distracting things away from improving the official game is it not?

When I first read about it I thought it was an upgrade to the official game and nearly downloaded it. Which I would have then been a bit pissed about as there are obviously issues with it.

And as with others the high and mighty attitude is getting a little boring. I'm not sure about the 'God-creator' bit either.

< Message edited by MartNick -- 12/1/2007 1:09:09 AM >

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 20
RE: Another question - campaigns - 12/1/2007 1:06:23 AM   
Legionaer

quote:

Now, now boys...play nice!!

I´ll do my best Mike. But sometimes there is no other way possible.

Stefan

(in reply to MartNick)
Post #: 21
RE: Another question - campaigns - 12/1/2007 1:10:08 AM   
sorrowman

@ H. Balck

With all due respect for your work as a modder, but I think you're seriously pushing it right now

I think your work as archeologist might explain your obsession with re-creating history (and perhaps attempt to draw lessons from that or whatever)

I've been wondering about one thing tho ever since you mentioned you're actually are a teacher. When your giving classes or a lecture of some sorts, do you also dismiss your students as inferior piece of sh*t amateurs when they don't live up to YOUR expectations or don't agree with what you're saying? People are different and you can't expect each and every individual to think and act in exactly the same way you do (even if you think your way is the right way)....I think that's one of the key things being a teacher, accept and be aware of the fact the each human being is different and deal with it.

(in reply to Arctic Blast)
Post #: 22
RE: Another question - campaigns - 12/1/2007 1:19:02 AM   
Dumnorix

quote:

sorrowman

That is everything correct, which you say. But this people from "feldzugschmiede" annoys me already for 4 years. I hate incorrect and fictitious working. CS is a historical play and should it also remain.

H.Balck

< Message edited by Dumnorix -- 12/1/2007 1:20:23 AM >

(in reply to sorrowman)
Post #: 23
RE: Another question - campaigns - 12/1/2007 1:43:04 AM   
Dumnorix

to all:
Have you actually the smallest conception, how large and enormous this modification is ? I will have mapping completely Europe with 1km = 1 Hex. The operational possibilities and benefitful experiencing of a new strategy by new features in the Multiplayer theatres is enormous.
The Barbarossa Army Group center - map is 1400km to 451km and goes from Brest Litovsk / Suwalki over Minsk to Orsch/Vitebsk and Smolensk/Gomel with all original troops, strenght and the pictures of all officers.
I have also the completly Fall Weiss and Fall Gelb-Multiplayer-scn and many many more. There is no theater, which will not be contained. Also the Pacific and is built up to an enormous Multiplayerscenario, from China to Hawai also over 80 different ship types.

H.Balck

< Message edited by Dumnorix -- 12/1/2007 1:44:51 AM >

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 24
RE: Another question - campaigns - 12/1/2007 1:54:08 AM   
Legionaer

quote:

quote:

sorrowman
That is everything correct, which you say. But this people from "feldzugschmiede" annoys me already for 4 years. I hate incorrect and fictitious working. CS is a historical play and should it also remain.

H.Balck

I can´t remember that anyone must activate an account there. No one forces you to play their games. Michael, you´re the greatest! Only the others are guilty. Respect the works and opinions from other members and go your own way.

Ich sagte dir schon mal: Ich hoffe auf eine bugfreie spielbare Version und wünsche dir Erfolg für dein Werk. Aber gehe mit konstruktiver Kritik mit dem gebotenen Respekt um und werde nicht immer wieder ausfallend oder beleidigend! (Ist ja nicht erst seit kurzer Zeit so!) Da sollte ein Lehrer 1. drüber stehen und 2. mit umgehen können.

Mal ehrlich, das immer nur die anderen alles falsch verstehen und keine Ahnung haben ist doch lächerlich.

Regards,
Stefan

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 25
RE: Another question - campaigns - 12/1/2007 2:25:56 AM   
sorrowman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dumnorix

quote:

sorrowman

H.Balck

Now we're getting somewhere....personal issues with the guys involved with feldzugschmiede, so everyone who mentions them or refers to them only remotely is an idiot right.

As far as the size and plans for your modification, they sound great. But I think it's unfair to assume your project (no matter how big it is) will render every other attempt (no matter how small or inaccurate) at contributing to this series useless and dismiss everyone who's involved in all but your project an amateur, that's just plain arrogance if you ask me. You seem to be taking Deutsche Grundlichkeit very serious here...which is a pity I think.

< Message edited by sorrowman -- 12/1/2007 2:27:26 AM >

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 26
RE: Another question - campaigns - 12/1/2007 2:49:20 AM   
Huib

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dumnorix

to all:
Have you actually the smallest conception, how large and enormous this modification is ? I will have mapping completely Europe with 1km = 1 Hex. The operational possibilities and benefitful experiencing of a new strategy by new features in the Multiplayer theatres is enormous.
The Barbarossa Army Group center - map is 1400km to 451km and goes from Brest Litovsk / Suwalki over Minsk to Orsch/Vitebsk and Smolensk/Gomel with all original troops, strenght and the pictures of all officers.
I have also the completly Fall Weiss and Fall Gelb-Multiplayer-scn and many many more. There is no theater, which will not be contained. Also the Pacific and is built up to an enormous Multiplayerscenario, from China to Hawai also over 80 different ship types.

H.Balck

But it's a different game on a different scale than CS so it's a different market. I like games on both scales but CS meets PzGen is no alternative to CS, nor is CS an alternative to other games on a different scale. I do hope your project will be released though and to me it will be a welcome alternative to other 1 km scale games such as HPS PzC. Meanwhile why not help us out with your knowledge to keep CS alive. I'm as much interested in historical accuracy in scenarios as you are (that is the reason I started designing in the first place) There is a market for those who play for fun, but there are also quite a large group that is interested in historical accuracy and the historical simulation qualities of the game. Why not serve and help them.

Huib

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 27
RE: Another question - campaigns - 12/1/2007 3:12:01 AM   
Warhorse

I know, Stefan, I'm just messing with you, your a good man!!

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Legionaer)
Post #: 28
RE: Another question - campaigns - 12/1/2007 5:26:03 AM   
Legionaer

quote:

I know, Stefan, I'm just messing with you, your a good man!!

Mmhhh, ... a good man!! Sometimes i think it, and for the other times ...

All the best,
Stefan

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 29
RE: Another question - campaigns - 12/2/2007 12:23:46 AM   
Arctic Blast

Dumnorix : I have never denied the immense amount of work you have poured in to your mod. It is truly impressive, honestly, and you have obviously poured your heart and soul in to it, and that is to be commended. My problem has never been with your mod.

My problem has always been with the fact that, while you constantly demand attention and respect for the hard work you have thrown in to development of your own mod, you derisively dismiss the work of everyone else as crap. They are also pouring THEIR OWN PERSONAL TIME in to their mod, the same as you are. Now, you don't like what they're doing, that's fine, but it does not change the fact they are still putting the work in. And it does not make it garbage to be tossed aside simply because you deem it so. Like I said, my problem has never been with your mod or the work you've put in, it's always been with the ridiculous attitude you constantly display towards anyone else involved in mod work.

Again, I suggest that, if you were to simply drop the ego and arrogance, you would probably find yourself and your work more readily accepted by more people.

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

(in reply to Legionaer)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Another question - campaigns Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI