Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Non rank units??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Non rank units?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Non rank units?? - 9/14/2000 5:16:00 AM   
Jackk

Hi all, After taking the day off just to play this wonderful game, I found a weird situation in my campaign. I'm playing USMC in the long campaign. I noticed that when a unit is destroyed in a previous battle, after it is repaired, the leader has no rank. Say scout car B1 gets toasted, crew and all, poof. Now prior to that it was Sgt. Joey commanding that unit. After the repair it's just Joey's replacement. No Sgt. No nothing. So, being the curious sort that I am, I opened up the file in Chlanda's editor (wondeful thing, that), looked up unit B1 and checked his rank. In the drop down box it would normally say 3-Sgt but now it says RankCB. What does that mean? Civilian Born? Cat Bait? Never saw that before. Will he get his rank after the next battle? Will he always be CB? Anyway, not a big deal since I can change it in the editor, just wondering if anyone else has seen this. Thanks Matrix, and happy battling! ------------------ Jackk "Smile today cuz tomorrow may really suck"

Jackk "Smile today cuz tomorrow may really suck"
Post #: 1
- 9/14/2000 7:26:00 PM   
Jackk

Anyone?

(in reply to Jackk)
Post #: 2
- 9/14/2000 8:08:00 PM   
Spellbinder

Yup, experienced that too. But it seems as if only the NCOs loose their ranks - or maybe I didn't loose an officer yet?!? I was quite surprised when "Hans rally attempt fails" showed up. Hans who??? Ciao Spellbinder ------------------ "Semper Paratus"

(in reply to Jackk)
Post #: 3
- 9/14/2000 11:06:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I've never seen it, or maybe just never noticed it. I will start looking for it. Interesting. Mine are usually wiped out, not just damaged Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Jackk)
Post #: 4
- 9/15/2000 5:45:00 AM   
Jackk

Bill, It happens if the crew/unit is wiped out. Otherwise there's no reason to replace the leader Regarding Spellbinder's experience, I hadn't checked to see if it was only NCO or not. Will pay more attention when I get back to battling this weekend. Thank you for the replies. ------------------ Jackk "Smile today cuz tomorrow may really suck"

(in reply to Jackk)
Post #: 5
- 9/16/2000 12:13:00 PM   
AbramsGunner

My units have got civilian leaders also. And the HQ units have changed from the x0 unit to which ever unit survived the previous battle ie G0 is no longer the Platoon leader, G2 is...etc. Who else is experiencing this?

(in reply to Jackk)
Post #: 6
- 9/16/2000 6:10:00 PM   
Fredde

Not exactly that, but i've had my company commander (B0) killed. The sergeant of the B1 unit was promoted to second lieutenant after the next battle and took over the B0 duty as company commander. Weird thing is that he was in charge of three first lieutenants leading the inf platoons of the company ;-)

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

(in reply to Jackk)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Non rank units?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI