Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

possible bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> possible bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
possible bug - 12/5/2007 8:45:38 PM   
el cid

In the scenario "Aegean 2004" during the first turkish turn if you move the air unit from hex 93,31(airport) to hex 72,28 (airport) it will not complete its movement. It will stop before crossing a lake. As a matter of fact no unit will cross a lake during this first turn. It will just stay floating in the hex prior to a lake.

On the Greek turn, and on any other subsequent turns everything works as planned, an air units no longer stop before lakes.

Is there an explanation to this?
Post #: 1
RE: possible bug - 12/5/2007 8:54:25 PM   
Karri

Ceasefire?

(in reply to el cid)
Post #: 2
RE: possible bug - 12/5/2007 11:20:21 PM   
el cid

There is a cease fire the first turn, but I don´t see why planes could not fly over a lake.

And the cease fire is for the first turn, yet the Greeks can fly over lakes that turn.

(in reply to Karri)
Post #: 3
RE: possible bug - 12/5/2007 11:36:09 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: el cid

There is a cease fire the first turn, but I don´t see why planes could not fly over a lake.

And the cease fire is for the first turn, yet the Greeks can fly over lakes that turn.

Water hexes are nominally controlled by player one at the start of the game, and do not change ownership unless moved through by naval units (or in the case of frozen shallow water hexes, by land units). Therefore, since the Turks are player two, and the hexes are still 'controlled' by the Greeks and there is a ceasefire in effect, the Turkish units may not cross them. I think that the designer could have gotten around this by not adding the lake hexes until after the control of the hexes had been established in the editor. Normally, it's not an issue, but in this case, it was, due to the cease-fire event.

< Message edited by JAMiAM -- 12/5/2007 11:38:47 PM >

(in reply to el cid)
Post #: 4
RE: possible bug - 12/5/2007 11:44:46 PM   
Trick37_MatrixForum

Okay, I get it, but planes that stop and stay in a water hex?  We had a similar discussion about helicopters that do that not too long ago.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 5
RE: possible bug - 12/6/2007 1:35:17 AM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trick37

Okay, I get it, but planes that stop and stay in a water hex?  We had a similar discussion about helicopters that do that not too long ago.

No, they stop at the boundary of the hex as they can't move through it, and air units always take the straightest path. However, you should be able to click on the originating base, to get them to fly back. Also, you might try another base that is nearby but that does not lead through the blocked hex.

(in reply to Trick37_MatrixForum)
Post #: 6
RE: possible bug - 12/6/2007 12:51:51 PM   
el cid

Or you just leave them by the water, and the next turn continue the movement.

Is a small bug or what you wanna call it. I can see in other scenarios where sea ownership could be important during initial cease fire. Why can´t sea hexes have the same type of owbnership as the land hexes?

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> possible bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI