Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Running game in full-screen mode?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Guns of August Support >> Running game in full-screen mode? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Running game in full-screen mode? - 11/5/2007 7:17:57 PM   
Reverend Zombie

I've messed around with my monitor resolution as well as the resolution options on the game menu, and the best I've gotten so far is the lowest-resolution flavor of the game running in a window that I am unable to maximize. Very little map real estate appears in the window, which is a bummer.

Is there a way to play the game in full-screen mode?

...and/or:

What do I need to do to get a window I can maximize?
Post #: 1
RE: Running game in full-screen mode? - 11/13/2007 4:43:30 PM   
SlickWilhelm

The only way that I know to maximize the game window shown is to match your monitor's screen resolution to the highest resolution supported by the game. I get good results by running the game in 1280x1024, which matches my LCD monitor's native resolution.

(in reply to Reverend Zombie)
Post #: 2
RE: Running game in full-screen mode? - 12/5/2007 7:09:54 PM   
mmattson

Is anybody having touble with the window at the bottom of the screen, being too short to allow seeing the complete combat summary or the refit summary screens?

(in reply to Reverend Zombie)
Post #: 3
RE: Running game in full-screen mode? - 12/5/2007 11:44:40 PM   
FrankHunter

I'm guessing what you mean but I think that happens if your Windows fonts are set to "Large".  Or iof your fonts are normal it just means the current game resolution doesn't fit on your screen resolution.

(in reply to mmattson)
Post #: 4
RE: Running game in full-screen mode? - 12/6/2007 12:48:33 AM   
mmattson

Frank,
I have a wide screen and I get a full screen at 1440 x 900, but the bottom window where the refit summary sits during refit does not show the say bottom 1" of the window  ie only half of the top half of the reinforce button is visable.  Perhaps I  could hide the windows tool bar but I dont think that will h elp becuase when I move the Guns window up the screen it does not help

thanks

mm 

btw, it is a really fun game

(in reply to FrankHunter)
Post #: 5
RE: Running game in full-screen mode? - 12/6/2007 1:18:01 AM   
FrankHunter

Could you post a screenshot of the bottom panel display?  Might you have large fonts turned on?

(in reply to mmattson)
Post #: 6
RE: Running game in full-screen mode? - 3/28/2008 6:02:25 AM   
jomni

quote:

ORIGINAL: mmattson

Frank,
I have a wide screen and I get a full screen at 1440 x 900, but the bottom window where the refit summary sits during refit does not show the say bottom 1" of the window ie only half of the top half of the reinforce button is visable. Perhaps I could hide the windows tool bar but I dont think that will h elp becuase when I move the Guns window up the screen it does not help

thanks

mm

btw, it is a really fun game

I'm having the same problems with the same resolution. 1440 x 900
For example, when I refit unit in strategic phase, the only half of the Auto refit check box is shown.

(in reply to mmattson)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Guns of August Support >> Running game in full-screen mode? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI