Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

unable to play 02

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> unable to play 02 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
unable to play 02 - 12/6/2007 3:59:07 AM   
demonterico

Game goes to the player selection screen. When I click Begin I get the following error message: Not enough storage is available to process this command.

One other note: I get this same message, or a simular one, sometimes when I start CoI, another game I recently downloaded from Matrix. But only sometimes. When it appears I do have to restart the game to play.

Attachment (1)

The world has never seen a more impressive demonstration of the influence of sea power upon history. Those far distant, storm-beaten ships, upon which the Grand Army never looked, stood between it and the dominion of the world. -- Alfred Thayer Mahan
Post #: 1
RE: unable to play 02 - 12/6/2007 4:14:57 AM   
Marshall Ellis

demonterico:

Please try and unload as many apps as you can.
How much mem and HD space do you have?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to demonterico)
Post #: 2
RE: unable to play 02 - 12/6/2007 4:23:56 AM   
Erik Rutins

Marshall,

Please see his attached DxDiag file.

Demonterico, 1GB of RAM is fine, but your video driver is from 2004 and your audio driver is from 2003. I'd recommend updating both before we proceed.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 3
RE: unable to play 02 - 12/6/2007 7:40:54 AM   
demonterico

I did the update procedure for both drivers and was informed that I have the best and most current drivers available already.

< Message edited by demonterico -- 12/6/2007 7:42:00 AM >

The world has never seen a more impressive demonstration of the influence of sea power upon history. Those far distant, storm-beaten ships, upon which the Grand Army never looked, stood between it and the dominion of the world. -- Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: unable to play 02 - 12/6/2007 10:04:54 AM   
demonterico

I've got it working.  I found the answer to my problem, and the link I needed in the other "unable to play" thread.  I got the current NVIDIA driver directly from NVIDIA, and that fixed my problem.  But now I have a new problem; I must learn to operate the mechanics of this game.  Please hurry and send the printed manual.

Post #: 5
RE: unable to play 02 - 12/6/2007 1:46:47 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: demonterico
I did the update procedure for both drivers and was informed that I have the best and most current drivers available already.

Where were you told this?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 6
RE: unable to play 02 - 12/6/2007 1:47:10 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

I've got it working.  I found the answer to my problem, and the link I needed in the other "unable to play" thread.  I got the current NVIDIA driver directly from NVIDIA, and that fixed my problem.  But now I have a new problem; I must learn to operate the mechanics of this game.  Please hurry and send the printed manual.

Great to hear that it fixed the problem.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 7
RE: unable to play 02 - 12/6/2007 4:03:43 PM   
demonterico

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

Where were you told this?

I used the system management tools in XP to search for drivers and received the results I quoted. As you can now see Windows is not up to date on with drivers.

Post #: 8
RE: unable to play 02 - 12/6/2007 4:07:10 PM   
demonterico

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

Great to hear that it fixed the problem.

Unfortunately the same problem has returned. The game ran one time late last evening after downloading the NVIDIA driver, but this morning when I try to start EiA I get the same error message, and the game does not run.

Post #: 9
RE: unable to play 02 - 12/6/2007 4:11:13 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

Unfortunately the same problem has returned. The game ran one time late last evening after downloading the NVIDIA driver, but this morning when I try to start EiA I get the same error message, and the game does not run.

This is extremely bizarre - I have to hand this off to Marshall as I have no idea what the problem might be at this point.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 10
RE: unable to play 02 - 12/6/2007 4:40:26 PM   
demonterico

I've got it running again.  I remembered that after downloading the driver I had to restart my computer.  I tried a restart and it worked.  The game is running. (for now)  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  I have my Norton set to run at night, maybe that is affecting the game.

edit: By the way thank you very much for all of your support and patience, and for the great games you all produce.

< Message edited by demonterico -- 12/6/2007 4:45:16 PM >

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> unable to play 02 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI