Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 11/27/2007 11:05:30 AM   
Alex Fiedler

There’s nothing like a little wargaming to put everyone in the holiday spirit!

With a mighty “Ho! Ho! Ho!”, Matrix Games is spreading holiday joy by announcing their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! From midnight on the night of November 26th through midnight on January 7th, gamers around the globe will be able to purchase over a dozen popular titles available from Matrix Games at a special 25% holiday discount.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Ok, so this sale doesn’t involve me dressing in a Santa Claus outfit and handing out some of our best products to everyone at the local mall, but it’s pretty close! Our Game on Demand boxed copy is a perfect present for your favorite wargamer and is quite easy to gift wrap!”

Looking for an extra few stocking stuffers for the extended family? Sports fans would be delighted to find PureSim Baseball 2007 or Maximum Football v2 wrapped and ready to play under their Christmas tree. Why not stay in touch with gamer friends and family through play by email gaming (PBEM)? Matrix Games offers a wide selection of titles that support PBEM as well as TCP/IP play which give players a convenient and easy way to connect through gaming with distant family and old friends. Try games like Advanced Tactics: WWII, Battlefront or The Operational Art of War III to catch up with that uncle or buddy who lives halfway across the country while royally pummeling him with your Panzers at the same time! It’s the best of both worlds, not to mention bragging rights for next year…

Get more information on any of these great Matrix Games titles from MatrixGames.com. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 11/27/2007 8:10:28 PM   
cdbeck

Not to be picky... but the press release says to "try games like Advanced Tactics: WWII" but Advanced Tactics is not on the sale list. Is this an accidental mistake?

I'm interested in Close Combat: Cross of Iron. Is the sale price already reflected on the store or do I need to enter a code? Right now I am seeing $29.99 for DL price.

Thanks,
SoM

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade

(in reply to Alex Fiedler)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 11/27/2007 8:15:05 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Son_of_Montfort
Not to be picky... but the press release says to "try games like Advanced Tactics: WWII" but Advanced Tactics is not on the sale list. Is this an accidental mistake?

A mistake of sorts - that part of the press release was not intending to list games that were on sale, but rather games that were simply good gift ideas. In hindsight, I can see how it causes confusion.

quote:

I'm interested in Close Combat: Cross of Iron. Is the sale price already reflected on the store or do I need to enter a code? Right now I am seeing $29.99 for DL price.

As with all our games, the price is already reflected once the sale starts. Yesterday, CC:COI was selling for $39.99, today it's $29.99.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 11/27/2007 11:20:28 PM   
Gylve

Hmmm I cant find the list of games... Maybe because Im tired? Where is it? I want to spend some money  

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 11/27/2007 11:24:59 PM   
BlindOldUmp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gylve
Hmmm I cant find the list of games... Maybe because Im tired? Where is it? I want to spend some money  

You MUST be tired. See the first post on this thread .....

(in reply to Gylve)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 11/27/2007 11:27:46 PM   
Gylve

Ha ha ha sorry...

(in reply to BlindOldUmp)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 11/28/2007 8:40:55 AM   
Col Klink

Is SPWAW General's Edition reflecting a 25% discount at $52.99 for digital download?

(in reply to Gylve)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 11/28/2007 3:41:35 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, it's original price two days ago was $69.99 for the digital download. Believe me, all the prices for the holiday sale games have already been adjusted.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Col Klink)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 11/28/2007 6:43:30 PM   
mashkis

So was BIN $64 original price? That seems pretty high since the CD version is $47.99 now.

Post #: 9
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 11/28/2007 7:14:06 PM   
Erik Rutins

BIN was originally $49.99 Download / $59.99 Physical - the discount is based on the Digital price, then we add $10 as usual for the physical copy.

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 11/28/2007 7:15:08 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to mashkis)
Post #: 10
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 11/28/2007 11:51:51 PM   
RangerX3X

Ok, I don't undestand how you could have this sale and not include Highway to the Reich or Korson Pocket.

You are selling HTTR for $49.99 still when another site is selling the game brand new for $17.90 and it is in stock.

You are selling KP for $29.99 and another site is selling the game brand new for $9.99 and it is in stock.

When you are not discounting games that other retailers are selling for less than half of what you are asking regular price when you are running a "sale", why should I consider buying through you at all?

I am not trying to start a flame war, but this doesn't make sense.

Post #: 11
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 11/29/2007 12:18:54 AM   
Erik Rutins

Ranger,

It's simple, don't buy those games if you don't want to. I'm not being flip, that's honestly what I'd expect you to do. Both HTTR and KP were at one point retail releases. For that reason, they still are quite present in the secondary market, which favors "bargain bin" prices. The versions out there generally come in retail boxes with old printed manuals and a CD protection system that requires the CD to play. They are also not updated. Still, for some having the printed manual is a significant plus and it's the only way to get it right now for those games as we're out of retail stock ourselves. I'm sure quite a few folks have bought their copies that way and that's fine with us.

Our direct versions are completely up to date with the latest updates and use our no-CD serial system. The retail versions no longer contribute anything to the developers, buying direct from us does. For any of those many reasons, some folks choose to buy direct.

The vast majority of our titles never went retail and are not available through the secondary market. In those cases, the discount here is quite valuable when you consider that you're not going to find them anywhere else any cheaper on a regular basis.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to RangerX3X)
Post #: 12
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 11/29/2007 3:22:23 AM   
RangerX3X

I never looked at it from that perspective; thanks for the insight.

Post #: 13
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 11/29/2007 3:31:04 PM   
Col Klink

Thanks, Erik.  I was interested in SPWAW so I wanted to make sure specifically before I decided whether or not to purchase it.  I was not sure of the previous price but I can see it being a little more expensive with all that you get with it.  Thanks for your response.

(in reply to RangerX3X)
Post #: 14
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 11/30/2007 6:37:15 PM   
Ron Belcher

Wondering if we'll see Carriers @ War given a Holiday discount!? Or, are we limited
to just what was listed? Forgive me for asking. I don't want to get labled a "troll".

(in reply to Col Klink)
Post #: 15
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 11/30/2007 6:41:40 PM   
Erik Rutins

Carriers at War will not be on sale this year, sorry.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Ron Belcher)
Post #: 16
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 12/1/2007 11:48:56 AM   
Macca

Well...I tell you for how much I got War Plan Orange, War in the Pacific, Steel PAnthers General's Ed, World at War, Battles in Normandy and Battles in Itay....in Poland, where I live, these games were released in English language by Nicolas Games - first for 19.90 PLN, each box containing a CD with a given game and CD key.From one of other vendors I bought each of these games,brand new and sealed, for 9.90 Polish Zloty.Dollar costs about 2.5 Polish Zloty today.Go figure. 59.4 PLN = 24 dollars for all these six games. Now that is a discount;)

Mac

Post #: 17
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 12/1/2007 3:11:06 PM   
Erik Rutins

I guess you can be thankful we said yes to that Poland deal a while ago!

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Macca)
Post #: 18
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 12/1/2007 7:44:10 PM   
Macca

It is absolutely awesome;)

Post #: 19
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 12/1/2007 8:53:11 PM   
Col Klink

Yeah.  I would say that is awesome.  Maybe we should ask for Polish diplomats to negotiate on behalf of Americans.

(in reply to Macca)
Post #: 20
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 12/1/2007 9:26:40 PM   
Macca

I think many people bought these games thanks to their low price and became fans of Matrix games. I don't think you can find a company that has so many great strategy games to offer.

Mac

(in reply to Col Klink)
Post #: 21
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 12/4/2007 2:02:17 AM   
Bossy573

Battles in Italy and Flashpoint Germany are 2 games I've always considered getting but have never pulled the trigger, Anyone who has played both wanna give me a recommendation one way or the other?

(in reply to Macca)
Post #: 22
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 12/6/2007 1:56:07 PM   
Col Klink

Well, I have been waiting for someone to reply to you so I could find out about them.  I guess you will have to go to the forum for those particular games.  I was curious about Battles in Italy myself.  Good luck.

(in reply to Bossy573)
Post #: 23
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 12/6/2007 2:04:20 PM   
Macca

Battles in Italy I find really good

If you want some review - http://www.deafgamers.com/05reviews/battles_in_italy_pc.htm

(in reply to Col Klink)
Post #: 24
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 12/10/2007 11:18:02 PM   
TheHellPatrol

Be wary about what you order from the sale, i placed an order(2nd copy) for a physical shipment of Battles In Normandy. Two days later it shows as "backordered"...wtf...i'm beginning to wonder if there are any physical copies of anything...Empire In Arms i can understand but an old release?.....

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to Macca)
Post #: 25
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 12/10/2007 11:19:29 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol
Be wary about what you order from the sale, i placed an order(2nd copy) for a physical shipment of Battles In Normandy. Two days later it shows as "backordered"...wtf...i'm beginning to wonder if there are any physical copies of anything...Empire In Arms i can understand but an old release?.....

E-mail me an order number and I'll check on this. I'm not aware of any stock issues for that title.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to TheHellPatrol)
Post #: 26
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 12/11/2007 12:00:59 AM   
TheHellPatrol

Email sent via the link under your Name/Avatar...
(sent PM too)

< Message edited by TheHellPatrol -- 12/11/2007 12:22:07 AM >

Henry David Thoreau

Post #: 27
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 12/16/2007 10:11:59 PM   
Contra002

I Also ordered BiN on the 10th of December and it is still showing as back ordered!

Tony

< Message edited by Conta -- 12/16/2007 10:12:11 PM >

(in reply to Alex Fiedler)
Post #: 28
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 12/17/2007 1:10:48 AM   
TheHellPatrol

quote:

ORIGINAL: Conta

I Also ordered BiN on the 10th of December and it is still showing as back ordered!

Tony
You should email Erik about this so he can look into it. Also, they must be digging way deep in the basement for the leftovers because my copy came in horrible shape...the wrapper was half gone, the plastic cover of the case was torn and the case was smashed in on one side. It doesn't make Matrix look very professional to see such a fine piece of software being treated with such disregard. Time to shake things up boys...

Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to Contra002)
Post #: 29
RE: Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! - 12/17/2007 2:48:41 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol
You should email Erik about this so he can look into it. Also, they must be digging way deep in the basement for the leftovers because my copy came in horrible shape...the wrapper was half gone, the plastic cover of the case was torn and the case was smashed in on one side. It doesn't make Matrix look very professional to see such a fine piece of software being treated with such disregard. Time to shake things up boys...

Please send me a picture of what you received along with an order number and I'll send it on to DR. We'll provide a replacement.

We're not digging for leftovers, it sounds however like the people who packed this for shipment at DR did a piss-poor job of it.

I'll be checking into all PMs and e-mails tomorrow morning with DR to follow up on order status queries.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to TheHellPatrol)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix Games Announces their 2007 Holiday Sale Event! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI