Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

EiA v. Ageod's Napoleonic Campaigns

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> EiA v. Ageod's Napoleonic Campaigns Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EiA v. Ageod's Napoleonic Campaigns - 12/6/2007 4:43:16 PM   
Valgua

I hope this topic is allowed. If you think it's rude or against the rules feel free to erase it. I won't take any offence. On the other hand I would like to here from someone owning both games, I know thay are very different: one is purely militaristic, while the other has a political flavour. But which, according to your personal taste, is the funniest to play in single player (PBEM is not really my thing, I've discovered)?

Post #: 1
RE: EiA v. Ageod's Napoleonic Campaigns - 12/6/2007 4:58:06 PM   
David Heath

Oh Dear now we going to have to kill you.   This is fine as long as no unfair bashing of any game is done. 

Now with that said I will say that these games are on totally two different scales and your not really judging apples to apples.

(in reply to Valgua)
Post #: 2
RE: EiA v. Ageod's Napoleonic Campaigns - 12/6/2007 5:13:10 PM   
freeboy

I for one would like someone who has played both games for awhile, testers? to add in here.... They of course use dramatically different play styles as those familier with Blue and the Grey can attest.

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 3
RE: EiA v. Ageod's Napoleonic Campaigns - 12/6/2007 5:17:54 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yeah, this really is an apples to oranges comparison. It's similar to asking people to compare Battles in Normandy and Gary Grigsby's World At War. With that said, as long as you realize that, carry on...

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 4
RE: EiA v. Ageod's Napoleonic Campaigns - 12/6/2007 5:54:22 PM   
tgb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Valgua

I hope this topic is allowed. If you think it's rude or against the rules feel free to erase it. I won't take any offence. On the other hand I would like to here from someone owning both games, I know thay are very different: one is purely militaristic, while the other has a political flavour. But which, according to your personal taste, is the funniest to play in single player (PBEM is not really my thing, I've discovered)?

I've only played one turn so far while learning the game, but EiA has been a million laughs.

(in reply to Valgua)
Post #: 5
RE: EiA v. Ageod's Napoleonic Campaigns - 12/6/2007 6:00:07 PM   
ravinhood

What you can compare and what is really most important would be AI and AI Challenge. Which game provides the MOST challenge of the two? Which game gives you that "just one more turn" feeling. Having read the few inserts in the "What about the AI" thread EIA's doesn't sound too promising. And we can play most any game PBEM so that's not an issue to compare. I won't put final judgement on the EIA AI just yet though. It's a game I waited four year for. I'll be disappointed if they didn't put the work into the AI as some other game developers recently have.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: EiA v. Ageod's Napoleonic Campaigns - 12/7/2007 3:15:37 AM   
sabre100

Buy both and decide for yourself.. I have both and I like them both but EiA is more appealing to me.  Maybe because it is new and different,  NC is similar as AACW and BOA which I have as well.  If I could only buy one game I would go with EiA any day.  It has a grand campaign and is a massive game.  I think it will keep you occupied for quite some time.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 7
RE: EiA v. Ageod's Napoleonic Campaigns - 12/7/2007 1:09:59 PM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: sabre100

If I could only buy one game I would go with EiA any day. It has a grand campaign and is a massive game. I think it will keep you occupied for quite some time.

I haven't the time (and not so much the inclination) to play the Napoleonic Wars from beginning to end. (Once started, I would likely not continue very far, much less complete the whole thing.)

Does EiA have shorter, more limited in scope scenarios to cover (a) specific year campaigns and/or (b) specific side theaters? For example, a separate Jena-Auerstadt Campaign, or 1812 Campaign?

If not out-of-the-box, are shorter, scope-limited scenarios moddable? This is one thing I like very much about the AGEOD game system.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to sabre100)
Post #: 8
RE: EiA v. Ageod's Napoleonic Campaigns - 12/7/2007 2:19:48 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

Does EiA have shorter, more limited in scope scenarios to cover (a) specific year campaigns and/or (b) specific side theaters? For example, a separate Jena-Auerstadt Campaign, or 1812 Campaign?

Not yet, but the intention is to get the editor dressed up and start building scenarios (there is a very crude editor at the moment).

Richard

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 9
RE: EiA v. Ageod's Napoleonic Campaigns - 12/7/2007 3:40:02 PM   
Wilhammer

The following is what I have culled from discussions with others - I have neither, but I do have and have played ADG's EiA boardgame, and I am an avid AACWer and BoA player.

------------------------

Napoleon's Campaigns is about Campaigns - so it is all scenarios, with a diplomatic/political engine absent but planned. The AI gains a lot from NC being a further refinement of BoA and AACW.

EiA is about the whole War, with none of the Campaigns, but Campaigns being planned.

There both working towards the same ground from different ends.

-----------------------

I will have to buy both, but not until after the holidays - my resurrected FTF boardgaming habit is taking my money and time, and the holidays approach.

< Message edited by Wilhammer -- 12/7/2007 3:41:01 PM >

(in reply to Valgua)
Post #: 10
RE: EiA v. Ageod's Napoleonic Campaigns - 12/7/2007 8:42:56 PM   
Aurelian

Got room for both on the HD. As for the board game, I was in a game store out near Lancaster, and saw the AH version for $150. Maybe I should sell mine.....

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 12/7/2007 8:43:10 PM >

(in reply to Wilhammer)
Post #: 11
RE: EiA v. Ageod's Napoleonic Campaigns - 12/7/2007 9:12:15 PM   
Wilhammer

I have the ADG version - components in great shape, box beat up. Laminating it would put it back together - it is just coming apart at the seams.

I don't think I have ever seen it on e-Bay - the AH version, yes, but not the ADG version.

I wonder what it is worth.

Mine is unpunched, btw. The one I did play years ago was someone else's, which is why I bought it back then.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> EiA v. Ageod's Napoleonic Campaigns Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI