Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Draft & Other Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Draft & Other Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Draft & Other Questions - 12/9/2007 6:43:11 PM   
direct_load

Ran into a couple issues yesterday while trying to draft with a friend. Not sure if these are know issues that have work arounds, or maybe we have a bugged game and both need to reinstall.

1. The two of us were trying to run a twelve team draft while sending the league file to each other between picks (2 human teams, 10 computer teams). This caused some problems as he was the last team in the draft order and the game would hang up and allow him to pick multiple times before moving to the subsequent round. At first we were passing the league file midround, but then tried only to pass the file at the end of each round. Eventually it became apparent that if I left the draft screen and went back to the main menu we would run into this issue when I went back into the draft.

2. At the end of our previous season almost every team had 75% of their rosters retire. We looked through the manual and are unsure if this had something to do with the import rule or if there is another setting that controls the rate of retirements. This was the end of our second season and I had randomly assigned player years at the beginning of the season, so that might have contributed to this issue.

Any suggestions that might help us with this issue?

Also, is there any way to export the draft rosters or is there a file that is created that we can look at before going into the draft? It would be great to see the players that are available and have a sheet printed that you could crossout players as they are drafted if there isn't a work around for my previously mentioned issue.

-John
Post #: 1
RE: Draft & Other Questions - 12/9/2007 6:54:31 PM   
direct_load

Also, we have an issue which may or may not have anything to do with the game specifically.  When I play games my team and my opponents generally have good kickoff and punt returns (20+ yards).  However, regardless of which teams are playing, when games are run on my friends machine the best kick-off or punt return he has seen was a 5 yard return.  This is through 16 games so far.  I've seen numerous punt return touchdowns and even one kickoff return touchdown, which seems odd that he hasn't seen any of these.  He tells me that when he plays teams generally let the kickoffs and punts bounce and by the time they pick up the ball the defense has already surrounded the kick returner.  This is completely opposite of what I see, as the kick returner generally catches the ball and makes a move right away.

Do we have something messed up between our versions of the game that would modify the difficulty of these types of plays?

(in reply to direct_load)
Post #: 2
RE: Draft & Other Questions - 12/9/2007 7:02:42 PM   
direct_load

Sorry for the spam of questions/comments.  Here is another question I have.

Does the game not always recognize a fumble for a particular player?  My starting runningback has been coughing up the ball quite regularly this season, however his stats state that he has 4 fumbles and 8 fumbles lost.  Is this even possible to lose more fumbles that you have fumbled in the first place?

Post #: 3
RE: Draft & Other Questions - 12/9/2007 7:24:59 PM   
direct_load

A few games back I kicked a field goal from the 2 yard line and missed (soon to be negotiating with a free agent kicker).  The other team then received the ball on the 20 yard line rather than the 9 yard line which was where the kick was made from.  I dont have "Live Field Goals" selected in the options, so I was curious if there is another setting that I have set up incorrectly which might correct this so that the other team receives the ball from the spot of the missed kick?

-I am aware that the game is still in development, but I wanted to bring up these issues in case they are unknown or already have fixes in place. 

Post #: 4
RE: Draft & Other Questions - 12/9/2007 8:15:04 PM   
garysorrell

I can say for sure the Fumble stat issue is there. Im wondering if the game somehow has them reversed. Maybe it's reading fumbles as fumbles lost and fumbles lost as fumbles?

As for some of the gameplay issues, David has said that framerate can affect game play. If one machine is better able to run the game than the other, it may account for the different results.

Post #: 5
RE: Draft & Other Questions - 12/10/2007 5:44:54 AM   
Marauders

quote:

garysorrell: As for some of the gameplay issues, David has said that framerate can affect game play. If one machine is better able to run the game than the other, it may account for the different results.

I should add that there are only gameplay issues if the machine does not run up to speed. Once it is up to the minimum, a faster machine will not give different results.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 6
RE: Draft & Other Questions - 12/10/2007 7:49:45 AM   
Tbird

Also check the constants file
check if fatigue is on or off

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 7
RE: Draft & Other Questions - 12/11/2007 9:37:18 PM   
Shaggyra

quote:

ORIGINAL: direct_load

A few games back I kicked a field goal from the 2 yard line and missed (soon to be negotiating with a free agent kicker).  The other team then received the ball on the 20 yard line rather than the 9 yard line which was where the kick was made from.  I dont have "Live Field Goals" selected in the options, so I was curious if there is another setting that I have set up incorrectly which might correct this so that the other team receives the ball from the spot of the missed kick?

-I am aware that the game is still in development, but I wanted to bring up these issues in case they are unknown or already have fixes in place. 

While the game is not set up to be a "NFL" simulator the folowing rule is common in most leagues of all types in the US.

Field Goal
All field goals attempted (kicker) and missed from beyond the 20-yard line will result in the defensive team taking possession of the ball at the spot of the kick. On any field goal attempted and missed where the spot of the kick is on or inside the 20-yard line, ball will revert to defensive team at the 20-yard line.
Reference: http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/fieldgoal

I have also noticed the fumble stat problem And I believe it is being looked at or already fixed.

Sorry I can't be much help on your other questions.

Post #: 8
RE: Draft & Other Questions - 12/12/2007 2:20:51 AM   
Marauders

quote:

Field Goal

All field goals attempted (kicker) and missed from beyond the 20-yard line will result in the defensive team taking possession of the ball at the spot of the kick. On any field goal attempted and missed where the spot of the kick is on or inside the 20-yard line, ball will revert to defensive team at the 20-yard line.

That is correct.

Prior to the rule change that spotted the ball at the place of the kick, the 20 yard line rule had been effect as well.  It is much like a touchback.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 9
RE: Draft & Other Questions - 12/13/2007 2:02:40 PM   
direct_load

Great, thanks for the rule update. Did not realize that was the rule inside the 20.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Draft & Other Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI