Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Force Z Scenario for download

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Force Z Scenario for download Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Force Z Scenario for download - 12/5/2007 5:21:58 AM   
Unhappy

I’ve sort of had this scenario intermittently in progress since mid June. Had not looked at it recently but thought that since SSG is still putting out patches I should at least make this scenario available to others in case someone might want to fix it up and polish it off. I think you can play it as is without encountering serious problems. Please feel free to post suggestions, fixes, etc. I’m not going to promise that I will get around to perfecting this scenario but I will try to continue improving it.

The ZIP file Force Z.

The Zip file contains 18 files (including path information – so if you have CAW installed in: C:/Matrix Games/Carriers at War you may be able to just unzip it into the proper spots)

The files need to go into the proper folders in order for everything to work correctly.

There are:
• one /Scenarios file: u Force Z.CAW
• one /Resources/Scenario file: BB Midway.SRF (I know the name makes no sense but it is what it is)
• seven /Resources/Planes files
• nine /Resources/Ships files

Hopefully the locations for the files will be evident from the path information.

There is one quasi~Historical scenario. I’m sure there are many problems with the order of battle especially on the Japanese side. Also there are five variants that provide somewhat different starting forces for the Commonwealth side.

< Message edited by Unhappy -- 4/25/2009 7:57:32 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Force Z Scenario for download - 12/5/2007 9:40:41 PM   
vinboni

Thanks Unhappy.... I'll tray the scenario as soon as possible.

(in reply to Unhappy)
Post #: 2
RE: Force Z Scenario for download - 12/5/2007 10:09:42 PM   
The Warden

I have an important exam coming up soon so I can't play with it now, but I'll look forward to trying my hand at this during christmas. Thanks for posting it.

Quality has a quantity all of its own.

(in reply to vinboni)
Post #: 3
RE: Force Z Scenario for download - 12/10/2007 12:52:19 AM   
dudalb_slith

On my computer the mouse freezes when you got to into the Scenario Selection screen after I installed the Force Z scenario and I had to use Control Alt Delete to shut down the program . After I deleted the Force Z Scenario from the Scenario folder everything was back to normal.
I wonder if this is an issue between your scenario and the new Patch from Matrix. Anyway,you have to look in this for on my Computer the Scenario freezes the whole game .

(in reply to The Warden)
Post #: 4
RE: Force Z Scenario for download - 12/10/2007 1:22:40 AM   
Unhappy

Hmmmmm. Not sure what the problem is there. It works in 1.02B OK for me (and uses the country feature). If anyone else has downloaded the scenario perhaps they can let me know whether it works or not. In the meantime you may want to check and make sure that the resource files are in the correct directories - especially make sure that BB Midway.srf is in the Carriers at War/Resources/Scenario directory and NOT in the Carriers at War/Scenarios directory [similar name but they are different folders] - I think the game might crash if that file is in the wrong place.

Thanks for downloading it and at least trying to run it though.

(in reply to dudalb_slith)
Post #: 5
RE: Force Z Scenario for download - 12/10/2007 9:58:07 AM   
Kiwi Red One

Hi Unhappy

Been busy with other things lately but FWIW I have download 1.02B patch and your Force Z scenario and it works perfectly for me. Still working slowly on my Tasman Sea and Med scenarios which i'll send you once I have completed them, shouldn't be too long as I got a bit more time to spend on them now.

Cheers
KRO

(in reply to Unhappy)
Post #: 6
RE: Force Z Scenario for download - 12/11/2007 12:50:32 AM   
teck

i am unable to download. My window does not allow checking ok

(in reply to Kiwi Red One)
Post #: 7
RE: Force Z Scenario for download - 12/25/2007 1:41:35 AM   
Stele

This one is really great! Thanks for your efforts into it and the variants.

(in reply to Unhappy)
Post #: 8
RE: Force Z Scenario for download - 2/10/2008 3:12:33 PM   
mikkey

Hi Unhappy, can you reupload your Force Z scenario? I can't download it from snapdrive. Thank you!

(in reply to Stele)
Post #: 9
RE: Force Z Scenario for download - 2/10/2008 6:38:35 PM   
Unhappy

Appears as though SnapDrive.Net isn't working. I'll look for another place to host the file. Thanks for letting me know.

(in reply to mikkey)
Post #: 10
RE: Force Z Scenario for download - 4/25/2009 7:59:10 PM   
Unhappy

I posted the zip file to Snap Drive again in case anybody wants it, the link above (first post) should work now.

(in reply to Unhappy)
Post #: 11
RE: Force Z Scenario for download - 4/25/2009 11:04:08 PM   
mikkey

thanks for reupload Unhappy!

(in reply to Unhappy)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Force Z Scenario for download Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI