Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Movement Replay

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> After Action Reports >> Movement Replay Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Movement Replay - 11/17/2007 12:10:32 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi, here's a movie version of the replay Andrew posted to show a battle with vehicles moving around in difficult terrain, to address concerns about vehicle pathing/movement:

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/CloseCombatModernTactics/CloseCombat-ModernTacticsVideo2.wmv

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: Movement Replay - 11/17/2007 10:05:46 PM   
Awac835

Very nice video, thanks for that Erik.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: Movement Replay - 11/17/2007 11:54:56 PM   
dutch08

Downloading now. Really, the pathfinding and infantry/vehicle movement makes the game unplayable. If this video shows things differently, then maybe it is just my computer and will accept the fact that I'm out $29. No big deal in the long run.

(in reply to Awac835)
Post #: 3
RE: Movement Replay - 11/18/2007 12:56:28 AM   
dutch08

I was sure the game pathfinding needed to be tightened up, but this video shows that it must just be my computer. I guess there's no reason to hope for a patch now. Oh well, like I said, no big deal. Especially since it only effects me.

< Message edited by dutch08 -- 11/18/2007 12:57:01 AM >

(in reply to dutch08)
Post #: 4
RE: Movement Replay - 11/18/2007 5:58:57 AM   
AlvinS

Vehicle movement can be very touchy. I have time where a vehicle appears to be on the road, but just close to the edge, and they complain that the way is blocked.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to dutch08)
Post #: 5
RE: Movement Replay - 11/18/2007 11:44:21 AM   
dutch08

Oh, that's definately a classic issue I'm having...sadly there's no fix. It's a problem with your machine.

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 6
RE: Movement Replay - 11/18/2007 1:25:21 PM   
Erik Rutins

From what the experienced developers and players have told me, it comes down to micromanaging your waypoints. If you do that, you get results like you see in the video. I'm not a CC expert, but from what I understand this is how it's been done for pretty much all the CC releases.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to dutch08)
Post #: 7
RE: Movement Replay - 11/18/2007 2:09:56 PM   
JudgeDredd

I'm sure that's historically been the case, that movement cannot be from poitn A to point B over a long distance and differing terrains. IIRC you had to give several waypoinrs, being specific about where you wanted you vehicles to travel.

Alba gu' brath

Post #: 8
RE: Movement Replay - 12/11/2007 6:00:03 AM   
RD_Roach

As a long time CC player,micromanaging your teams esp vehicles/tanks is a must esp when playing other long time players,i can count the amount of times ive held off with a zooka/faust,waiting for the other players vehicle/tank to do the spin around before fireing. If you keep a eye on your vehicles/tanks after your order movement,you can see when they run into terrain they have to navigate around(this was very noticable in the original CC games due to bad pathfinding and they either spun around on the spot or went on a joy ride to anywhere ) Vehicles/Tanks in the new releases require less management,and move to where you want them to(unless they encounter deficult terrain depending what is coded into that perticular map)...For the most part,they go where ordered to.

CC greatest game ever!

http://www.reddevilscc.com

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 9
RE: Movement Replay - 3/30/2008 9:00:14 PM   
sgtrock111

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi, here's a movie version of the replay Andrew posted to show a battle with vehicles moving around in difficult terrain, to address concerns about vehicle pathing/movement:

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/CloseCombatModernTactics/CloseCombat-ModernTacticsVideo2.wmv

Hi. First off, thanks for the movie. I appreciate you guys taking the time to post things like this. In fact as a very (VERY) old CC fan from way back, I find your customer service approach a very refreshing change from the bad old days of Atomic Cafe's head in the sand, sometimes rude ways of dealing with customers (and potential customers).

I do have a comment, though. I have a dual boot Unbuntu Linux/Windows XP Pro system. I spend more than 90% of my time in Linux these days, and only boot up Windows to game. While I can play many video formats in Linux, I've struggled to find a consistent, reliable solution for playing .WMV files. In the future, would it be possible to post your videos in a format that has better cross platform support? MPG by preference?

TIA.

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> After Action Reports >> Movement Replay Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI