Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Forming Poland

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Forming Poland Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Forming Poland - 12/7/2007 1:52:03 AM   
AusGamer

Hi,

Fist I'd like to say I've been waiting for this game since the original announcement, however many years ago that was, and thanks for finally getting there. First Impressions mostly good....interface is a bit clunky and I would have liked a zoom feature for the map, but hey at least it's here.

Anyway.....Playing as France I'm trying to form Poland (Dec. 1805). I've got the Posen, W. Prussia and Masovia provinces ceded to me but when I hit the 'Create Kingdom' button I get a "Cannot Create This Kingdom" message. I've tried while having an area in each province selected and in 2 successive eco phases, but nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks

G.
Post #: 1
RE: Forming Poland - 12/11/2007 2:04:43 AM   
delatbabel

I have the same problem as Prussia.

There appears to be, in the game, no way to create Poland.

--
Del

(in reply to AusGamer)
Post #: 2
RE: Forming Poland - 12/11/2007 3:11:43 AM   
Thresh

I've created Poland playing as Russia.  I took Masovia as part of a peace settlement, clicked on that province with the form Kingdom key.
The problem is it automatically added every eligible province I had as the Russian Player.  And when I took other Polish provinces in later treaties (Posen, Danzig, etc) I couldn't add them in.

Todd

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 3
RE: Forming Poland - 12/11/2007 3:25:05 AM   
Murat

That is how poland gets formed in EiANW

(in reply to Thresh)
Post #: 4
RE: Forming Poland - 12/11/2007 3:40:29 AM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thresh

I've created Poland playing as Russia.  I took Masovia as part of a peace settlement, clicked on that province with the form Kingdom key.
The problem is it automatically added every eligible province I had as the Russian Player.  And when I took other Polish provinces in later treaties (Posen, Danzig, etc) I couldn't add them in.

Todd

In EiANW, you cannot add to kingdoms once formed.

Richard

(in reply to Thresh)
Post #: 5
RE: Forming Poland - 12/11/2007 4:25:15 AM   
DodgyDave

i still dont get that, why was it like that even in the boardgame? strange rules, even more strange, if a kingdom loss a territory, it cant regain it.

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 6
RE: Forming Poland - 12/11/2007 4:52:01 AM   
AusGamer

quote:

That is how poland gets formed in EiANW

That is how Poland is supposed to be able to be formed. Except it did'nt work. Which is why I posted it as a problem in the first place.

(in reply to DodgyDave)
Post #: 7
RE: Forming Poland - 12/11/2007 5:13:24 AM   
Thresh

Well, THAT makes no sense.

One of the interesting tools Russia has is to ask for Poland in return for help, and given the history behind Poland, I find it hard to believe that any Nation could form Poland, and then not add any other Polish provinces to it.

This is something for as future fix IMO.

Todd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thresh

I've created Poland playing as Russia. I took Masovia as part of a peace settlement, clicked on that province with the form Kingdom key.
The problem is it automatically added every eligible province I had as the Russian Player. And when I took other Polish provinces in later treaties (Posen, Danzig, etc) I couldn't add them in.

Todd

In EiANW, you cannot add to kingdoms once formed.

Richard

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 8
RE: Forming Poland - 12/11/2007 10:42:06 PM   
larrywrose

I am playing France and I had no problem forming Poland out of Masovia, Posen and West Prussia. The turn before I formed it Austria declared war on France. I noticed that after Poland was formed East or West Galicia were removed as part of the Austrian surrender conditions.

12.8.2 Poland (Grand Duchy Of Warsaw)

Once created, Poland is a normal minor free state of whatever size that has been determined and the combined money and manpower values of its component provinces are doubled in value (as in any minor free state and used for the usual purposes).

I guess that means once you form Poland it will not get any bigger. I am learning the game again, it has been way too long since I played. Even if the AI did send Charles out with just one corps to take a minor 2 spaces away from 10 Corps of the Grand Armee I am still having fun. Charles is behaving very well as a prisoner...

Larry W. Rose

(in reply to Thresh)
Post #: 9
RE: Forming Poland - 12/12/2007 1:57:32 AM   
AusGamer

OK, different game just formed Poland with every possible Polish province included and no problem. (It's huge and funny). Don't know why it would'nt do it for me before, though that does seem to be a bit of an issue I've found. Sometimes the game does'nt like doing what it's told (for all sorts of things) and needs to be asked repeatedly.

Anyway I agree with some of the other posters the provinces to be included should be nominated at creation and others should be able to be added later.

(in reply to larrywrose)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Forming Poland Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI