Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: John Tiller's ACW and Nappy games at HPS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> RE: John Tiller's ACW and Nappy games at HPS Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: John Tiller's ACW and Nappy games at HPS - 12/8/2007 8:44:42 PM   
Brigz

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

Looks like Friday week (Dec 7th) is gonna be busy.............indications are that HPS is gonna release another ACW or Nappy title that day & Matrix is doing something with WITP!!!!

Unfortunately (for me) HPS has released another of their Modern Campaigns - Danube Front '85. Guess I'll just have to wait for another ACW title.

Even though I consider the HPS Civil War series much more comprehensive than the TS titles offered by Matrix, I still give Matrix a big endorsement for releasing these older versions. They are still great games and an excellent bargain. HPS has yet to release Bull Run or Antietam (if ever) so the Matrix bundle is the only way to get those battles. I still have my old Talonsoft versions of these games and even though the HPS titles I own give me much more detail, I'll never part with my original Talonsoft games. If I didn't have them, I'd buy the Matrix bundles in a heart beat.

“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 61
RE: John Tiller's ACW and Nappy games at HPS - 12/8/2007 9:16:08 PM   
sparty_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Briggs

I still give Matrix a big endorsement for releasing these older versions. They are still great games and an excellent bargain. HPS has yet to release Bull Run or Antietam (if ever) so the Matrix bundle is the only way to get those battles.

That's exactly why I picked em up. The Matrix games actually inspired me to pick up the HPS games. I remember lusting after these games when they were originally released, but at the time I was in High School and all my extra cash went towards hanging out with my friends. I'm really happy these have been re-packaged and released.

(in reply to Brigz)
Post #: 62
RE: John Tiller's ACW and Nappy games at HPS - 12/13/2007 6:14:49 PM   
Wilhammer

quote:

Another problem/desirable improvement for the HPS games is hex size. With modern screen resolutions (1280 x 1024, 1600 x 1200,...) hexes and units are too small for me. I much prefer the three 3D zooms of BG. This is also why I can't play HPS 2D: the hexes are just too small, it's like watching a boardgame from a 3 meter height.

This is my biggest complaint - I want to zoom in in 2-D view, and 3-D view is of almost no interest.

(in reply to gwack)
Post #: 63
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> RE: John Tiller's ACW and Nappy games at HPS Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI