Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SPWaW

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> SPWaW Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SPWaW - 12/15/2007 6:43:45 AM   
michigan

I'm new for forums and have a problem with Steel Panthers that I can't solve. I operate a Dell GX280 with Windows XP Pro with SP2. I recently had a problem the required I reload windows. I backed up all my data and reloaded windows then reinstalled my software. Steel Panthers (V8.4) loaded just like always, but armor (Russian, American etc.) fighting German armor ends up with armor ratings of 5XXX or sometimes 6XXX. I tested this using the training scenario for using a tiger and could not destroy any T-34s. The 88 bounced off the armor because of armor ratings of 5XXX and higher. I also used a couple of design my own and had the same result. MKIVs could not brew up a Russian BT, even at close range. Again the armor ratings were 5XXX or greater. Russian did not have any problem brewing up the German tanks.

I experience this problem several months ago and reloading Steel Panthers took care of it. This time I have reloaded it several times (uninstall and clean reload) with no apparent effect on the problem. It has to be something with my computer configuration or a sub-routine call that is giving the armor it's large rating. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I'm slowly going bald from pulling my hair out.

Post #: 1
RE: SPWaW - 12/16/2007 2:24:03 AM   
chief

Go to SAVE folder in main Spwaw and DELETE steel.prf and see if that helps, don't worry the game rewrites it when you start.

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to michigan)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> SPWaW Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI