Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Major League Football (MLF)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Online Leagues >> Major League Football (MLF) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Major League Football (MLF) - 12/16/2007 3:56:43 AM   
Shaggyra

Halfway through its second season ....

This marks the halfway point in the 2nd season in the MLF. I thought you guys might like to see some stats.

Click this link.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 12/19/2007 2:44:00 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: Major league football Halfway through its second se... - 12/16/2007 4:12:16 AM   
Marauders

Which playbook is Chicago using?

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 2
RE: Major league football Halfway through its second se... - 12/16/2007 5:47:23 AM   
Shaggyra

I use my own custom playbook.  I have quite a good QB.

I forgot to add a link to the league's web site. A new updated site is under construction by rollntider(Commisioner). Tbird and myself are assistant commissioners.

http://www.blindsideblitz.com/mlf/?

< Message edited by Shaggyra -- 12/16/2007 5:50:26 AM >

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 3
RE: Major league football Halfway through its second se... - 12/16/2007 6:12:56 AM   
Marauders

Yes, I've been there often.

Does MLF police playbooks for AI busters?

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 4
RE: Major league football Halfway through its second se... - 12/16/2007 7:11:25 AM   
Tbird

Not yet
but I'm sure if something fishy occurs it will be looked at

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 5
RE: Major league football Halfway through its second se... - 12/16/2007 8:24:31 AM   
Shaggyra

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

Yes, I've been there often.

Does MLF police playbooks for AI busters?

I have yet to find any AI busting plays in the game. Everything I have come across can be stopped with the proper defense. (Yeah like I should talk, I just gave up 70!)

Do you have an example or two? I'm sure Tbird and I would both be interested.

Or are you just stirring up trouble?

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 6
RE: Major league football Halfway through its second se... - 12/17/2007 2:17:55 AM   
Marauders

Me? Stir up trouble?  How dare you!

One QB had a fantastic TD/Int ratio, and in past leagues I have been in, that usually was something to watch out for.

Super high rushing average was another thing to watch.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 7
RE: Major league football Halfway through its second se... - 1/15/2008 5:42:09 AM   
rollntider

www.majorleaguefootball.net website is now live

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 8
RE: Major league football Halfway through its second se... - 1/18/2008 7:55:47 AM   
rollntider

looking for an owner to build an expansion team in season 3. The team needs to be in Canada. Please let us know if interested.

Thanks

(in reply to rollntider)
Post #: 9
RE: Major league football Halfway through its second se... - 1/20/2008 8:44:09 PM   
Shaggyra

The MLF is now experimenting with Live Telecasts of games.  More info to come....

(in reply to rollntider)
Post #: 10
RE: Major league football Halfway through its second se... - 1/20/2008 8:48:50 PM   
Scott_WAR

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shaggyra

The MLF is now experimenting with Live Telecasts of games.  More info to come....

Best thing I ever saw.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 11
RE: Major league football Halfway through its second se... - 1/21/2008 1:13:12 AM   
Shaggyra

LAST WEEK OF THE SEASON COMING UP! Ok, try to follow me, I think this is all correct

Playoff race update:
American Conference
Chicago 9-2

---Can clinch division and first round bye with a win or Birmingham loss.
Birmingham 8-3
---Can clinch division and first round bye with a win and a Chicago loss.
Tulsa 6-5
---Can clinch a playoff spot with a win or a Orlando loss.
Orlando 6-5
---Can clinch a playoff spot with a win and a Tulsa loss.
Portland 0-11
---Trying to prevent the (un)perfect season.

Notes:
-Birmingham holds tiebreaker over Chicago by points scored against each other.
-Tulsa holds tiebreaker over Orlando by points scored against each other.
-If Tulsa wins in Birmingham this week, they will force a rematch again in Birmingham in the first round of the playoffs.
-If Orlando beats Chicago this week and Tulsa loses, Orlando will travel to Chicago next week for the first round of the playoffs.

Canadian Conference
Edmonton 8-3

---Has clinched division and first round bye. Canadian Confernece Championship will be in Edmonton.
Toronto 5-6
---Can clinch a playoff spot with a win or Loss by less less than 48 points or Ottawa loss
Winnipeg 5-6
---Can clinch a playoff spot with a win or Loss by Montreal
Ottawa 4-7
---Can clinch a playoff spot with a win and a Winnipeg win and a Toronto loss
Montreal 4-7
---Can clinch a playoff spot with a win and Loss by Winnipeg and Ottawa or a win by more than 48 points and Winnipeg win and a Ottawa loss

Notes:
-Toronto holds head to head tiebreaker over Winnipeg by points scored against each other.
-Toronto leads head to head tiebreaker over Montreal 1-0 and/or at least a 48 point differential.
-Winnipeg holds head to head tiebreaker over Ottawa by 2-0 record.
-Ottawa holds head to head tiebreaker over Montreal by points scored against each other.
-Ottawa holds head to head tiebreaker over Toronto by points scored against each other.
-Montreal holds head to head tiebreaker over Winnipeg by points scored against each other.
-In a 3-way tie between Toronto, Winnipeg, and Ottawa, Ottawa would be eliminated due to their record againt the other 2. Toronto and Winnipeg advance.
-In a 3-way tie between Toronto, Winnipeg, and Montreal, Winnipeg would be eliminated due to points scored/given against each of the other 2. Toronto and Montreal advance.
-In a 3-way tie between Ottawa, Winnipeg, and Montreal, Winnipeg would advance due to head to head record against the other 2.*
-In a 3-way tie between Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal, Ottawa would advance due to points scored/given against each of the other 2.*
-In a 4-way tie between Toronto, Winnipeg, Ottawa, and Montreal. Ottawa would be eliminated due to their record against the other 3. Winnipeg would advance due to their record against the other 3. Montreal will need to outscore Toronto by 49 points or more to advance, otherwise Toronto advances.

*updated

< Message edited by Shaggyra -- 1/21/2008 1:39:04 AM >

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 12
RE: Major league football Halfway through its second se... - 1/21/2008 4:04:54 AM   
Tbird

The Live Broadcasts was a cool feature 

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 13
RE: Major league football Halfway through its second se... - 1/21/2008 11:25:26 PM   
rollntider

1 week til the playoffs WOOT

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 14
RE: Major league football Halfway through its second se... - 1/27/2008 10:35:34 PM   
grandmarquis84

Is it possible to still have an expansion team for your next season. From what I can tell the U.S. and Canadian Conferences are a little off, if you would be okay with a team in the U.S. playing in the Canadian conference I would like to join (but if not, I can live with making an Canadian Franchise). If you would like to see the tenative idea for the franchise please visit www.sentries.blogspot.com . If you want to contact me please e-mail me at grandmarquis84@yahoo.com

Thank you,

< Message edited by grandmarquis84 -- 1/27/2008 10:49:40 PM >

(in reply to rollntider)
Post #: 15
RE: Major league football Halfway through its second se... - 1/28/2008 5:41:05 PM   
rollntider

We have started the playoffs.

We have one open team left. The Toronto Maple Leafs. The current Maple Leafs will be moved to Seattle, and the Team will become an expansion.(KInda like how Cleveland Browns retained their history with new ownership in the 90's) We are making the Maple Leafs a founding franchise since it appeared in PC gamer. The team cant be changed. So the team is open and currently league owned. If you want the team and dont mind that it cant be moved. Please send me a PM over at www.blindsideblitz.com/forums

Teams come open from time to time, so you can swap ownership when the event happens and move a team that is allowed to be moved. But we only have one vacant team now.

Thank you.

(in reply to grandmarquis84)
Post #: 16
Conference Championship Game Results! - 2/9/2008 11:32:21 AM   
Shaggyra

Road warriors prevail in high scoring
MLF Conference Championship games.

Canadian Conference Championship in Edmonton, Alberta.
What started as a wild game in Edmonton turned into a rout for the red hot Winnipeg Storm. The Storm rushed their way on both sides of the ball to a 73 to 30 victory, their 5th straight. The Skullsmashers had beaten the Storm in both of their previous meetings this year.

The teams sprinted out of the gate to a first quarter score of Storm 21 - Skullsmashers 14. But the Skullsmashers could not stop the relentless rush of the Storm's pass rush, giving up 14 sacks in the game and never really getting their 2nd ranked passing game going.

In a career day Winnipeg HB Chrys had 636 rushing yards in 43 carries for an astounding 8 TDs. "They just give me the ball and I run. I don't even think about anything else" Chrys said after the game. Edmonton's Birden also had a fantastic outing with 221 yards and 3 TDs in a losing effort.

American Conference Championship in Chicago, Illinois.

In perhaps the biggest rivalry in the MLF the Wind hosted the Twisters in a rematch of last years Blitz Cup. Last year the wildcard Chicago team stunned the MLF in an upset of the heavily favored Tulsa. They have also beaten Tulsa twice already this year. But the Twisters were not afraid. They came in with a chip on their shoulder and their minds on revenge.

In what might have been one of the best first halves in the MLF this year the two offensive juggernauts played most of the first quarter scoreless until they started furiously trading scores in route to a Twisters 28 to 21 halftime lead over the Wind.

It was a battle of the steady offensive machine of Chicago vs. the lightning quick strikes of Tulsa. Midway through the 3rd quarter it was Tulsa 35 - Chicago 31. Then the wheels came of fell off for Chicago when they gave up 5 turnovers in about 7 minutes which lead to 35 Tulsa points. Chicago's league leading QB Vovak had thrown only 3 interceptions all year threw 3 interceptions in 3 minutes. "I don't know man. They were just better than us today." he was quote after the game. The final score was Tulsa 73, Chicago 45.

Blitz Cup II set

This is Tulsa's second straight year in the league championship game. They started the year 1-4 but have won 6 straight games by dominating their opponents. They were the 3rd seed in the American Conference with a 7-5 record.

The Storm have Winnipeg in a state of mixed emotion after announcing that the team was moving to Mobile, Alabama next season after a 3-6 start. Since then the Storm have ripped off 5 highly impressive victories in route to the championship game. They were the 3rd seed in the Canadian Conference with a 6-6 record.

The two teams have not faced each other this year and the early line out of Vegas has it as a "pick 'em" game. No doubt with both teams peaking at the end of the season that this could very well be a classic game.

< Message edited by Shaggyra -- 2/9/2008 11:36:47 AM >

(in reply to rollntider)
Post #: 17
RE: Conference Championship Game Results! - 2/17/2008 12:45:59 AM   
Deft

A game for the ages!

Tulsa, Oklahoma - The Tulsa Twisters were once again hosting the Blitz Cup on their home field. Both Blitz Cup games in the MLF's short history have been played in Tulsa. Tulsa was defeated by Chicago in the first ever Blitz Cup and was looking for redemption in front of a full crowd of wild home town fans.

The game started with a bang when Winnipeg WR Zaxby returned the opening kickoff 92 for a touchdown putting up the favored Winnipeg Storm up 7 to 0 with just seconds gone in the game. The Twisters immediately responded with a 7 play 84 yard drive that ended with a 9 yard touchdown from Winlock to Block. The Storm then responded with a 50 yard field goal by Simpkins to make the score Storm 10 - Twisters 7 at the end of the first quarter.

Tulsa tied the game early in the second quarter at 10 with a 26 yard field goal by Mitkowski. The Storm took the ball on there own 20 and marched down the field with 10 play drive that resulted in a 7 yard TD pass from Arcea to Boultinghou. After a quick Tulsa series resulting in a punt, the Twisters Dedrick intercepted an Arcea pass at the 50 yard line which resulted in a field goal attempt of 55 yards by Mitkowski that fell inches short. The half ended with the score Winnipeg 17 - Tulsa 10.

The Twisters received the second half kick off and marched down the field in a well executed 9 play, 82 yard drive for a 1 yard pass to Blok for his second TD of the game, tying the score at 17. Tulsa had momentum on their side as they held the Storm to a quick 3 and out and scoring quickly on a 40 touchdown pass from Winlock to little used back Etter. The third quarter ended with the score Tulsa 24 - Winnipeg 17.

The Storm rallied back to tie the game at 24 early in the fourth quarter with Boultinghou's second touchdown reception of the game after a 9 play 81 yard drive. After a Tulsa 3 and out Winnipeg took a 27 to 24 lead with a long 50 yard field goal by Simpkins. Tulsa responded with a 5 play 76 yard drive to take the lead 31 to 27 on a Thompson 6 yard TD reception. With time running out in stadium of raucous Tulsa fans Winnipeg was down to what seemed to be their last hope when it was 4th down and 19 at their own 42 yard line with about three minutes left. Tulsa erupted in celebration when the Twisters intercepted the Arcea pass and was downed at the 45 yard line. Leading by 4, all Tulsa had to do now is run out the clock to claim their first ever MLF championship.

Surprisingly, Tulsa's Offensive coordinator Jackson called 4 straight pass plays moving the ball deep into Winnipeg’s territory until....... Tulsa's TE Blok, who would have been under consideration for the game's MVP award fumbled the ball with 1:01 left. As this teammates tried to console him the Storm took to the field one last time with but the faintest glimmer of hope. In a drive that was anything but pretty and included a 4th and 11 play the Storm somehow moved down the field until they were at the Twisters 9 yard line with only 3 seconds left in the game. Winnipeg's Chrys who had a solid game rushing the ball but was mostly held in check and had caught no passes somehow found a empty spot in the Twisters defense right on the goal line where Arcea hit him with a bullet pass and the Storm had pulled out the most dramatic victory in MLF history 34 to 31 with no time left on the clock and a stunned and silent Tulsa crowd.

It is unknown if the Storm will return to Winnipeg for a victory celebration or head straight to Mobile, Alabama, their home for next season. Tulsa will take very little time off before starting their quest to reach their 3rd straight Blitz Cup.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 18
RE: Conference Championship Game Results! - 6/29/2008 12:31:48 AM   
rollntider

MLF begins season 3 expansion Draft. please check the forums for details.

(in reply to Deft)
Post #: 19
RE: Conference Championship Game Results! - 6/29/2008 5:03:34 PM   
rollntider

adding histories to the teams pages. So far Bham, Tulsa, Orlando, Mobile and Ottawa have them.. Adding more as I type this. 

(in reply to rollntider)
Post #: 20
RE: Conference Championship Game Results! - 7/3/2008 8:05:16 PM   
rollntider

Expansion draft rounds 1-10 listed on our forums
www.majorleaguefootball.net and click the forums link

(in reply to rollntider)
Post #: 21
RE: Conference Championship Game Results! - 7/8/2008 5:57:36 PM   
rollntider

if any of our expansion teams are lurking please submit your next wave of draft picks.
Thanks

(in reply to rollntider)
Post #: 22
Great League - 7/16/2008 6:04:57 PM   
Brodie

Rollintide looking at the leagues out there the MLF seems pretty stable any advive to the CFL to get like your league.What are the key things thatmake the MLF so great.

(in reply to rollntider)
Post #: 23
RE: Great League - 8/26/2008 11:05:34 PM   
rollntider

thanks for the kind words but right now it isnt all that stable. I have some personal issues i am dealing with. But the best advice I can give is this:
dont be an ass, people will ask you stupid questions from time to time, just answer them and move on, dont get upset over them. It happens.
Stay dedicated to the league. And always if you screw up, admit it. I made many of mistakes and will make more. Just put it out there, people understand and usually can live with it.

(in reply to Brodie)
Post #: 24
RE: Great League - 10/2/2008 4:46:41 PM   
rollntider

OK I appologize for the long delay. I will get our league up and running this week. to many personal problems. But hopefully we can move forward now.

(in reply to rollntider)
Post #: 25
RE: Great League - 10/2/2008 7:15:07 PM   
grandmarquis84

It's all good, let me know if you need anything from me or if you just need some help. 

(in reply to rollntider)
Post #: 26
RE: Great League - 10/4/2008 3:23:31 PM   
rollntider

thanks man, start contacting our members and let them know we are alive and in business.

(in reply to grandmarquis84)
Post #: 27
RE: Great League - 11/6/2008 3:29:09 PM   
rollntider

i will be running the draft profiles this saturday. If you are in the league, please submit me your draft profile.
Thanks

(in reply to rollntider)
Post #: 28
RE: Great League - 1/18/2009 8:13:54 PM   
rollntider

I was super late with the draft. Those that still want to be in and forgive me procrastinating so long, feel free to check our forums. My apologies once again for taking so long.

(in reply to rollntider)
Post #: 29
RE: Great League - 1/20/2009 4:32:09 PM   
Brodie

Good to see the MLF back up and running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to rollntider)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Online Leagues >> Major League Football (MLF) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI