Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Empires in Arms is Now Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Empires in Arms is Now Available! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Empires in Arms is Now Available! - 12/5/2007 8:04:21 PM   
Erik Rutins

The long-awaited Napoleonic strategy game is packed, loaded, and ready to fire!

Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and Australian Design Group (www.a-d-g.com.au) are thrilled to announce the release of the official computer adaptation of Australian Design Group's legendary grand strategy board game of the Napoleonic Wars, Empires in Arms!

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Empires in Arms appeals to so many different types of gamers: board gamers, Napoleonic fans, turn-based afficionados, and grand strategists. I’m confident that the anticipation and excitement that has been steadily building around this title from all these different groups will prove tobe well deserved when gamers finally get a chance to play this title.”

Marshall Ellis, Lead Developer of Empires in Arms, added “The wait is at long last over and I’m really excited to see the reactions of everyone who has been patiently waiting to finally play this great game. Thanks to all Empires in Arms fans who offered support and feedback over the course of the project and thanks to Matrix Games for making this all happen!”

Take command of one of the many factions in early 19th century Europe! Empires in Arms is a grand strategy turn-based race to prove which nation is the greatest in Europe. In a bid for mastery over the continent, players can succeed where Napoleon failed or try to stop the military genius quicker than his historical enemies could!

The game moves in monthly turns where diplomacy and builds are conducted. Within the monthly turns there are a variable number of impulses where corps and fleets move about. All movement is simultaneous with battles occurring at the end of the impulse. Battles are resolved by players both picking a strategy and fighting a series of rounds in an attempt to break the enemy. Make and break alliances, declare war, invade minor nations, propose peace terms, build armies of landwehr, regulars, guards, light cavalry, heavy cavalry and artillery. Many historical leaders from the period are included to command corps and fleets, from Admiral Nelson to Marshal Davout to the Pashas of the Ottoman Empires.

Diplomacy and economics will complement the sharp bayonets and deadly cannons of your direct military might when you take the role of any of the major powers in 19th century Europe! As you conquer your weaker foes, use the money and resources from fallen nations to recruit new units and replenish your ranks. France, Great Britain, Prussia, Turkey, Russia, Spain and Austria all stand ready with their full resources, generals, armies and fleets for you to take command. Join the intricate and deadly contest of power that changed a continent and created a legend.

The slightest mistake could be the difference between the crown of Europe or exile to St. Helena. Step into history and find your destiny in Empires in Arms!

Game Features

• Official licensed adaptation of the classic Empires in Arms board game from Australian Design Group (ADG)
• Encompasses the important aspects of diplomacy and warfare during the Napoleonic Wars from 1805 to 1815
• Control any one of seven major powers of the period (France, Great Britain, Russia, Austria, Prussia, Spain or Turkey)
• Includes some enhanced rules and play options added over the years by Empires in Arms players
• Create alliances, declare war, and negotiate peace terms on the path to admiration or condemnation
• Use money and manpower received from home provinces and conquered lands to raise an army and navy capable of military dominance.
• Conquer, manipulate or ally with a host of minor countries in your quest to build an empire
• Save your unit setups for quick reuse in later games, import / export battles for miniature games, multiplayer hotseat games, solo games, PBEM games

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: Empires in Arms is Now Available! - 12/5/2007 8:11:58 PM   
Mardonius

Unleash to dogs of war!!!!!!

"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant" -- James Madison
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: Empires in Arms is Now Available! - 12/16/2007 10:28:44 AM   
Chief_Chemist

after 10 years of waiting,,, thankyou

Quanitity has a Quality all of its own

(in reply to Mardonius)
Post #: 3
RE: Empires in Arms is Now Available! - 12/16/2007 12:45:31 PM   
GShock

And in those 10 years, i forgot the rules of the game... lol i'm pretty lost with only the game manual and i forgot who i "lent" the game to. You know when u lend and it turns out to be a gift...that u don't feel like asking back...

I m so happy EIA came to pc...now all becomes easier with finding players and though my first "tests" showed me a good programming and a fine "conversion" i'm somehow stunned by the poor graphics (though we know it's not a game about graphics) and, especially, by the log size...scrolling up and down that small textbox is terrible...how about some information screenies to click on the header-buttons? :)

(in reply to Chief_Chemist)
Post #: 4
RE: Empires in Arms is Now Available! - 12/17/2007 3:35:06 AM   
jto

Thank you making the game it has been years.

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Empires in Arms is Now Available! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI