Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can someone suggest a naval strategy for the Central Powers?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Can someone suggest a naval strategy for the Central Powers? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can someone suggest a naval strategy for the Central Po... - 12/20/2007 5:02:45 PM   
kengir1954

Other than sending out my subs for anti-shipping missions, I'm really at a loss as to what to do with my Central Power navy. Anyone care to suggest a strategy?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Can someone suggest a naval strategy for the Centra... - 12/20/2007 5:21:09 PM   
James Ward

Staying in port always worked for me

You could always do the raid the NA with entire fleet move but that's very gamey.
You could try to win a Jutland and then you would have more options to contest the NA to prevent amphib movement.
Definately send out your subs.
There aren't a whole lot of things you can do with it though.

(in reply to kengir1954)
Post #: 2
RE: Can someone suggest a naval strategy for the Centra... - 12/20/2007 6:19:52 PM   
hjaco

Your navy as all as every other assets should be put to use to further your over all strategy.

One use is to go after enemy shipping.

Another is to go after enemy shipping and at the same time try to get some shipping in the North Atlantic protected by your fleet.

You could use it to launch Amphibious invasion like the Baltic states against the Russians or French/Belgian Harbors in a France first.

I primarily use it to block enemy transportation of troops by contesting control in one of the necessary sea zones. That is vital in turn one if you make a Schlieffen maneuver to prohibit British reinforcements through the North Sea so they must debark at Brest(no French rail movement in turn one). It is also a good strategy to contest the eastern med at the right times to buy time for say a delayed Serbia campaign or protecting the Ottomans. The rest of the time in between actions my navy is very busy repairing damage

By the way. Controlling a sea zone means a side has a 3:1 superiority measured in points. The points in each sea zone are added based on type: DN=10, BC=8, PD=5, CA=3, DD=1 (note: mission type is irrelevant)

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Can someone suggest a naval strategy for the Central Powers? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI