Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

One person to develop the whole game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> One person to develop the whole game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
One person to develop the whole game? - 12/21/2007 1:24:54 AM   
kucing

I checked the credits list in the manual and it only lists Eric Babe as the sole developer of this game. It only has one artists and one editor (I assume that's game manual editor). Is this correct?

If it is true that only one person is writing the whole thing then it is quite an incredible feat!
Post #: 1
RE: One person to develop the whole game? - 12/21/2007 1:42:07 AM   
Gil R.

Close. Eric is the sole programmer and lead developer, and therefore did the lion's share of the research and designing. But he, Mr. Z, Pixelpusher and I work as a team, brainstorming ideas and debating the final shape our games take, so the other two also had a certain amount of input in terms of game design for COG. (As for me, I was finishing my dissertation, and therefore played a rather minor role.) Mr. Z wrote the manual, but also researched and designed the map, created the scenarios, etc. -- in other words, in addition to the manual, he supplied a lot of the stuff that got plugged into the game, especially the datafiles. And Pixelpusher did all of the graphics. (There may also have been some specific contributions from beta-testers, just as jimwinsor put together the July scenario for "Forge of Freedom," but I can't remember.)

You're right that this is a remarkable achievement by Eric, but the other two deserve credit as well, even if the credits are silent on specifics.

(in reply to kucing)
Post #: 2
RE: One person to develop the whole game? - 12/21/2007 1:53:25 AM   
ericbabe

Thank you for the kind words.

Gil is also our acting ambassador to Liechtenstein.  And by "Liechtenstein," I mean the Matrix forums, and by "ambassador," I mean "guy who writes lots and lots of posts."

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: One person to develop the whole game? - 12/21/2007 7:51:18 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

Gil is also our acting ambassador to Liechtenstein. And by "Liechtenstein," I mean the Matrix forums, and by "ambassador," I mean "guy who writes lots and lots of posts."

I'd rather have Eric's job. Dealing with the masses is... well... nevermind. I would rather punch keys than faces.

< Message edited by LarryP -- 12/21/2007 9:52:23 PM >

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
RE: One person to develop the whole game? - 12/21/2007 9:32:12 PM   
jkBluesman

quote:

Gil is also our acting ambassador to Liechtenstein. And by "Liechtenstein," I mean the Matrix forums, and by "ambassador," I mean "guy who writes lots and lots of posts."

Actually you are only 900 short of his (public).

"War is the field of chance."
Carl von Clausewitz

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 5
RE: One person to develop the whole game? - 12/21/2007 10:01:50 PM   
Gil R.

And most of my posts are about generals bios. If you subtract those I'm downright taciturn.

(in reply to jkBluesman)
Post #: 6
RE: One person to develop the whole game? - 12/21/2007 11:15:53 PM   
ericbabe

Well I've been posting actively for about a year longer than Gil has.  Only a few months ago I was ahead of him in posts...

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 7
RE: One person to develop the whole game? - 12/22/2007 12:16:56 AM   
LarryP

quote:

Well I've been posting actively for about a year longer than Gil has. Only a few months ago I was ahead of him in posts...

You better get back to coding as you're talking too much then. Besides, that expansion should be about done by now huh?

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 8
RE: One person to develop the whole game? - 12/22/2007 12:42:27 AM   
Gil R.

quote:

Well I've been posting actively for about a year longer than Gil has. Only a few months ago I was ahead of him in posts...

"When we last met, I was but a learner. Now I am the master."

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 9
RE: One person to develop the whole game? - 12/23/2007 2:02:07 PM   
jkBluesman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

And most of my posts are about generals bios. If you subtract those I'm downright taciturn.

Aren't they just like "thanks", "Copied, thanks" and "Changes received, thanks"?
More than half of my posts are realted to bios. Not everyone can be as economical as Battleline.

"War is the field of chance."
Carl von Clausewitz

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> One person to develop the whole game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI