Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hex sizes on screen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Tech Support >> Hex sizes on screen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hex sizes on screen - 12/21/2007 8:06:10 AM   
vondee

This is a different question from the other posts regarding screen resolution but perhaps related. I just got this game and it runs ok but the hex sizes on the screen seem to be small and hard to see when using the zoomed in mode (the one showing the graphical depiction of the units, not the zoomed out NATO representation on the smallish counters). The hex sizes are much smaller than what is shown on the Matrix web site in the screen shots of CEAW and only slightly larger than the zoomed out view of the NATO units.

Am running at 1024x768 res. Does anyone else have this situation? This would be ok but the units are not so clear when they are that small and hence difficult to make out. I may need to try the unit mod posted within this forum to give me something I can see.

Any solutions to making the hexes larger or is this the way it will be? (albeit different from the screen shots on the web site). Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Hex sizes on screen - 12/21/2007 11:48:13 AM   
damastabongo

Hi vondee,

The game seem to be locked in 1024x768 resolution... But i'm playing it in a Samsung 22 inch screen in 1680x1050 (native resolution of my wide 16/10) and when i'm playing in full screen the middle zoom is almost perfect because of the autozoom fonction of the screen. It's quality like i was playing in full zoom, very detailled and very nice and comfortable. Before i bought this 22 inch screen I played on a 19 inch (1280x1024) and it wasn't too nice. This situation has to be tested by other users, but on my own i am very satisfied by the look of the game.

Bongo

(in reply to vondee)
Post #: 2
RE: Hex sizes on screen - 12/21/2007 5:39:29 PM   
IainMcNeil

This happens if you are running the low RAM option. To see the zoomed in graphics you need 1GB RAM.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to damastabongo)
Post #: 3
RE: Hex sizes on screen - 12/21/2007 5:39:32 PM   
vondee

Middle zoom? I get 2 zoom levels: the far away NATO zoom and a slightly closer Unit Graphics zoom. I'd like to be able to zoom in further (like the screen shots show) but it doesn't do so when I scroll with the mouse wheel or hit "+".

(in reply to damastabongo)
Post #: 4
RE: Hex sizes on screen - 12/21/2007 5:40:36 PM   
vondee

Thanks for the reply (seems we posted our prior notes at the same time!)....

(in reply to vondee)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Tech Support >> Hex sizes on screen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI