Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Playing online

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Playing online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playing online - 12/24/2007 3:31:50 PM   
parslow66

Hi, I just found this site and am new here. I have purchased in the past a few of the Battleground games this was several years ago now although I played the AI to death finding real like opponents wasn't easy. The problem I had then was there wasn't anywhere (at least not that I knew of) where you could link up with other players online, and I never understood how this was done anyway as it all seeemed a bit complicated (tech phobe ). Recently I revisted Gettysburg and was hoping to link up with a buddy but there was no option to do this over 'broadband' I gather the original CD was designed for 'dial up' connectivity. First question is, have these games been updated to make online gaming easier.

Is the John Tiller Battleground Series now available excactly the same as the original or has the game engine been updated/improved?
Post #: 1
RE: Playing online - 12/24/2007 6:09:38 PM   
Caliban

I highly recomend The American Civil War Gamers Club at acwgc.com. It is a club, so you have to "enlist" in either of the two armies. Fill out the form and they will get back to you within a couple of days. They are structured but very well organized with hundreds (thousands?) of people playing Tiller's games PBEM. They have a great forum and many modders. They are very, very cool.

Caliban

(in reply to parslow66)
Post #: 2
RE: Playing online - 2/16/2008 9:41:50 PM   
WebRider

I used to play the original Gettysburg onlin with a friend. It was easy and almost bulletproof, baring lighting or the internet going down, it used to go down more then it does now. All the old Talon Soft games were playable online. I prefer that to email as well. I did notice in the description of these two sets of games they were not online, i found that odd since the wwII said they were. I as well would like confirmation if these new versions can be played online. I'm not a big fan of pbemail.

The Red Dragon looks thru the purple haze of the window pane at an orange sunshine.

(in reply to Caliban)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Playing online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI