Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who wants a challenge (CHS160)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who wants a challenge (CHS160) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who wants... - 12/27/2007 12:29:36 AM   
trollelite

My quality of a player should not be a question . You would not waste your time in some brainless craps.

What I want:

2 mirror games, one I as Japs, and one you as Japs

The scenario should be based on chs 160, but so modified as to make Japanase side significantly stronger, especially after 1944. This avoid the game becomes meaningless one side slaughter after that.

The modification should mainly serve to increase their fighter strength, asw power, CD gun power, effect of mines, strength of IJA field artillery and anti tank ability. I propose abolish PT boats and allies damage control all together, for they seriously damage the balance of game.

You could choose opponent and game from

1.A good player, who would not quit, a balanced, challenging game even as later as 1944/45, and try to achieve great, well-deserved victories against one of strongest player in this forum

or

2.A brainless crap, some weaklings who would be easily knocked out of war in months, even weeks, and in the same time you ever have to worry about finding next Japanese player. Or you decide to play allies side exclusively, so downgrade yourself to the level of AI, for only AI need overwhelming strength to give itself any bit hope of victory --- it knows and can utilize no other way.

I am not to accept any single Jap or allies game, you get both, or none. So we fight under same conditions and so could be said we have a fair play.

As long as you continue to update your japanese game you would always have your allies game updated, no matter what happened.

There should be 3-4 turns per week for single game.

I am waiting your reply, if anyone is up to challenge.

This offer is to replace my game with snip, for he never sent more than 2, and usually only one turn per week. So I feel I am free for another opponent.

If you are not interested please don't post, I have no intention to argue with anyone, especially no time available to waste on those "allies exclusive" guys.

< Message edited by trollelite -- 12/27/2007 12:35:47 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 12/27/2007 12:37:43 AM   
Roger Neilson II

Its a shame your use of english is going to alienate a lot of people.

Roger

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 2
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 12/27/2007 12:39:26 AM   
trollelite

The house rule should be followed as my game with snip , that is:

Regard to 4-e

1.No 4-engine bomb under 15000 feet, except for british 4-e squadrons (FE) ( they use a single 4000 lb bomb), this only apply to the mission of : anti-ship, airfield or port attack, ground attack, city attack

2.no B-29 under 20000

3.no B-29 anti-ship

4. bombers must be below 30,000 to prevent ueber ceiling.

Regard to strategical bombing and night bombing

4.no strategy bomb on resource under 100, and any other thing (oil, heavy industry, aircraft factory,etc) under 50

5 strategical bomb must be done by level bombers, and the altitude not below 10000, for 4-e see above.

5. no night mission except for night fighter and Patrol boat units. Any side could convert normal bomber unit to night bomber unit. To do so, these squadron first have to be announced, after this, they act as night units and cannot henceforce be given day missions and cannot be converted back.

Regard to PT, asw and AG and AK

6 PT not allowed for both sides, current PTs must be disbanded to port .

7.Allied asw group not exceed 6 ships, no restriction to japanese.

8.Any ag and ak in a port hex, so long as they are not disbanded in port, must be combined in one TF. Except those ag and ak that are loaded with troopers ( this is to prevent multiple single ak/ag tf shield the port from naval bombardement)

Regard to soviet and china and other area restriction

9.No allied units (land, naval or air) can enter soviet territory.

10. Except initial chinese exp.force, only 2 other chinese corps could be changed to southeast asia command and be able to fight in burma and india. There is no restriction to support units, however. Those 2 corps should be announced.

11.chinese forces under china command can fight in manchuria, korea,taiwan, vietnam, but not siam, burma,DEI,or india, etc.

12,Philippine could only be landed on US and local forces.

13. No allied offensive action in northern pacific before soviet enter war. They can take back any amercian territory occupied by japanese, however.

Regard to carrier aviation

14. No US corsair units on board carriers before 1, Jan, 1945. There is no restriction to British Corsair units. If Japanese ever use kamikaze before 1945, this restriction would be removed.

15. Japanese can only use those aircrafts designed for carrier, such as N1K1-J or J2M are not allowed. Submarines have only 2 aircraft to choose from. E14A Glen or M6A1

Regard to respawn

16. Only 6 carriers, 12 cruisers can be reconstructed by allied. Of these, 2 should be used to replace australian cruisers and not allowed to use on US units (NO new Zealand ships replacement). Only Heavy cruisers and american "10000-tons" light cruiser could be replaced. Those reconstruced ships should be announced before enter service.

Regard to sub-landing and air-borne

17. Only jap airborne unit and allied airbone ( regiment or below size) and raider unit could be sub-landed.

18. Any airbone unit cannot air-assualt multiple target in the same turn. One target every turn for one single unit. However, they could do that in different turns.

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 3
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 12/27/2007 12:41:31 AM   
trollelite

A shame is to those who dare not fight under fair conditions with others. I am not afraid to alienate those guys, and for true warriors they would not feel any offence. 

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 4
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 12/27/2007 12:46:25 AM   
trollelite

Slaught weak opponents, especially with allies side, is funny and thrilling in the beginning, but later you find you only waste your own time, and life.

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 5
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 1/2/2008 1:11:47 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Oops! Sorry, wrong door.
quote:

ORIGINAL: trollelite

Slaught weak opponents, especially with allies side, is funny and thrilling in the beginning, but later you find you only waste your own time, and life.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 6
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 1/2/2008 4:44:31 AM   
ny59giants

You might consider increasing the daily Political Points from 50 to 75 per day.
50 is too low, IMO.

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 7
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 1/3/2008 5:32:20 PM   
TenChiMato

quote:

A shame is to those who dare not fight under fair conditions with others. I am not afraid to alienate those guys, and for true warriors they would not feel any offence. 

Well, 'true warriors' as you call them would indeed have all the reasons to feel offended by your post if only because you assume to be one of them which you clearly arent considering what you wrote.

True warriors do not waste time boasting about their supposed superior habilities, nor do they feel the need to insult opponents worldwide.

Thats called respect.

< Message edited by TenChiMato -- 1/3/2008 6:33:53 PM >

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 8
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 1/3/2008 8:33:56 PM   
Feltan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson II

Roger

I tend to think that it isn't his "use" of English, but rather the attitude behind such use.

What a shame. It is posts like these that tend to keep me away from PBEM games -- can you imagine what the reaction would be if you violated one of the many, many house rules?

Who needs that!

Regards,
Feltan

< Message edited by Feltan -- 1/3/2008 8:35:10 PM >

(in reply to Roger Neilson II)
Post #: 9
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 1/4/2008 12:50:08 AM   
Roger Neilson II

I was attempting to be diplomatic..... he is an extreme example of PBEM.... all the guys I have and am fighting have been decent and different to this form of arrogance.

Roger

< Message edited by Roger Neilson II -- 1/4/2008 8:51:38 AM >

(in reply to Feltan)
Post #: 10
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 1/4/2008 4:06:24 AM   
1EyedJacks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feltan

quote:

Roger

I tend to think that it isn't his "use" of English, but rather the attitude behind such use.

What a shame. It is posts like these that tend to keep me away from PBEM games -- can you imagine what the reaction would be if you violated one of the many, many house rules?

Who needs that!

Regards,
Feltan

I think sometimes frustration and a keyboard don't mix... I think, if you find yourself in such a situation, you find someone else to play with.

For myself I really like the mirror concept - I just have no time in my life right now to take on such a time-intensive commitment. Now if I ever win the lotto... - well then I might be willing to dicker with the house rules.

I hope Trollelite finds someone to play with - WiTP is a fun game. I would also be interested in an AAR that discusses a mirrored game.

TTFN,

Mike

(in reply to Feltan)
Post #: 11
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 1/5/2008 11:57:23 PM   
trollelite

Wow.... I suppose someone would eventually take the challange while I am out for several days. Unfortunately no one comes.

You are both right and wrong. You are wrong because I am not insulting "worldwide" players, but in a certain degree you are right, because I do want to shoo off weak players.  They would waste my time,  this is only too true. And I am wasting his  time , and hurting his pride. Eventually no one get happy. This is  not the purpose we paid money for.

Another reason is, the type of player I search for, is rare. I want to find a suitable partner for a long game, and so modify the game so that it could bring us fun even deep into 1944 and 1945. The balance, which all scenario lacks, is one factor. You be a strong opponent is another. Otherwise, I would rather not open a new game, and instead concentrate my time in the game with GH. After all, considering our skill levels, this is not less interesting, and GH is a most generous and courteous player. Even his skill not as good as me, the allies side he takes and the good start postion of me should assure we have a success game.

But I am still not satisfied. Because I win my current position in that game mainly due to non history, or, ahistorical opening. I want to do the opening a little traditional and still keep the game interesting.

As dear Tenchi Mato, you have returned never more than one file in any week, and our game proceeded nowhwere further than one week. Our game started earlier than mine with GH, if my memory not failed me. But still our game still only in second week of december, due to your slow return rate. If you really want to shout at me, I hope you could do that in the field, defeat me with jap side is obviously the best way to silence me. Not bragging in my post.

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 12
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 1/6/2008 12:05:51 AM   
trollelite

I am really sorry for TenchiMato. Our game advances no more than 10 turns in,  3 months? What if he could devote more time in game than doing this. My agenda is "japs too weak even under my current house rule". Well, we use that house rule. If you could defeat me with your Japs, obviously it's the best way to prove me ignorant and stupid, or not?

So I still wait your reply if you will or could make our game proceed regularly, say, at least 4 turns per week. If so, I would be glad forget all unhappiness and do my turns earnestly.

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 13
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 1/6/2008 12:16:53 AM   
trollelite

Well, all modification I plan to make is not to make Japs the stronger side. No one is planning to cancel 4.e all togethter and half the size of allies fleet...(even so I think defeating most players in this forum with allies side should not be a problem) I don't plan to modify allies and Jap production and economy, either. I don't have that patience. Just want to keep allies side a little vigilance even in the later war. To keep him from sending out death star and then sleep comforted.

I am not too eager to try AE. This doesn't mean I haven't read carefully its description. I see the Jap side is weakened further, but it seems allies side not significantly affected. So now playing Jap side is even unhappier and I foresee the quit rate should climb a new height. I would rather play this old version with a reliable opponent while waiting to see reaction of others for AE.

< Message edited by trollelite -- 1/6/2008 12:18:12 AM >

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 14
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 1/6/2008 12:25:36 AM   
trollelite

quote:

I was attempting to be diplomatic..... he is an extreme example of PBEM.... all the guys I have and am fighting have been decent and different to this form of arrogance.

Roger

I am just telling you truth, no offense. I once enjoy slaughtering ai, then against weak opponent, and finally realize what a stupid guy I am to waste my time this way.

(in reply to Roger Neilson II)
Post #: 15
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 1/9/2008 4:09:06 AM   
trollelite

well.

< Message edited by trollelite -- 1/9/2008 4:45:00 AM >

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 16
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 1/9/2008 6:45:53 AM   
jwilkerson

quote:

well.

t - I think trying to find a player before you make the changes to the MOD is a good idea.

Some people make and MOD and then try to find players - doesn't work too well.

And I think willingness to play either side is important. At this point in my player experience, I doubt I would play someone who was not willing to play either side. We negotiate house rules, etc. and then we toss a coin for who plays which side.

But we are not "waring" or "fighting" here on this internet or with WITP ... and your words will turn off some players. We are not "warriors" or "fighters" ... we are "game players" and "amateur historians" that's about it.

But if your games with AARs show that you are a serious player then you will get all the opponents you want. Some players are "better" than others - really meaning they know the game better than others AND that they are good sports - but all players who are tolerant of others and who stick with their games - are accepted.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 17
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 1/9/2008 3:01:32 PM   
cantona2

seems that RHSEOS is right up this 'samurai's' alley

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 18
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 1/11/2008 2:36:20 AM   
trollelite

Still don't know anything about RHS. What is about the map level and how many variance has this? Would be great if some comes to fight, I want this one a fast paced game. As it would not be as serious as my CHS game I would not mind take either side. Better of course both sides. 

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 19
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 1/11/2008 4:17:16 AM   
timtom

quote:

Still don't know anything about RHS. What is about the map level and how many variance has this? Would be great if some comes to fight, I want this one a fast paced game. As it would not be as serious as my CHS game I would not mind take either side. Better of course both sides. 

Read all about it!!!

EOS FAMILY:

RHSEOS: This is the Empire of the Sun - or Japan Enhanced Scenario. Japan forms a joint planning committee on mobilization in July 1941. This committee is modeled on the real one that planned the invasion of Malaya. It is allowed that JAAF and JNAF share aircraft on a more rational basis, and that service cooperation in general is more rational. The IJA does NOT build aircraft carriers or submarines for example. The steel, engines (and slots) for them are used for Navy ships (the carriers tend to appear as tankers). More ships are built in CVL form vice CVS form. Some German aircraft which were licensed are produced (notably a version of the Me-109 - and now we will add the Ju-88 - both of which had Allied code names - but neither of which served in units in Japan IRL). A radical difference is this scenario assumes Admiral Yamamoto was able to get IJA support for his vision of an invasion of Hawaii - and so the game starts not only with a stronger Japanese force - but a stronger Japanese strategy that wholly changes the focus of operations - making the conquest of the SRA far easier. Like RHSPPO, both sides get lots of political points - and many units start assigned to home commands. Needless to say, this is a Soviet ACTIVE scenario. The Allies do respond to this greater threat in several ways: more planes go to PTO - more CL appear as CVL - big ships like Midways appear sooner as smaller ships (Essex) - or Alaska's appear as CAs - etc.

RHSAIO: This is virtually identical to RHSEOS except it is designed for AI to control Japan. That means the Soviets are PASSIVE. It also means there are NO interior river systems (a feature of ALL OTHER scenarios) - because AI cannot deal with them properly. That in turn means river ports are not ports, there are no river fleets or supporting shipyards, etc. The ALLIES have the extra political points (and units assigned to home commands) of RHSEOS or RHSPPO - but the AXIS have few political points and units assigned to historical commands (because AI won't use a lot of points - and it won't assign units to reasonable theaters). This is the ONLY RHS scenario really suitable for AI to be used - and ONLY Japan really can be properly controlled by the AI.

RHSEEO: This is the Evil Empire Option. Japan decided to do what the Allies thought/assumed she did IRL - plan for war long term. There is a rationale for this - going back to 1937 - and because of the planning - Japan can do things somewhat better (although it cannot have any more steel, hp in engines, etc, it can cast them in different forms). This is being worked up at this time - and is out in a beta form for comments. It is RHSEOS with a still stronger Japan. There are some Allied reactions to that - particularly in terms of aircraft sent to PTO.

All files etc ->

http://www.rhs.akdreemer.com/rhs_home.html

Where's the Any key?

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 20
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 1/11/2008 5:09:29 AM   
ny59giants

If those aren't enough for him, then he can try Nemo's "Empire Ablaze." 

(in reply to timtom)
Post #: 21
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 1/14/2008 1:09:07 PM   
Badnews

I want be ailles fight to you. Just send the first turn to me.
My email address is yijiajun@163.com

How about using my Blood War Mod?
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1644173

The war is not about who is right. It is about who is left.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 22
RE: Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who w... - 1/20/2008 5:38:15 PM   
Nemo121

Hmm, ny59giants, well actually after both playtests made it to 6 months gametime elapsed ( one with me as Japan, one with me as Allies ) I've come to the conclusion that I need to tone down the starting Japanese forces a little. I'm looking at cutting their pilot replacement rates a bit ( well, more probably just cutting their beginning pilot pool a bit as cutting the replacement rate will effect the game in 1943, 44 and 45 quite badly ) and shuttling the Ki-109 back by about 3 months. A Japan able to take 1,000 airframe losses per month ( of which at least 800 or so have the potential to result in dead pilots ) is just too much of a juggernaught for the Allies in early 1942 IMO

In any case while I've made Japan stronger it is ONLY on the proviso that the Allies have the exact same freedom of movement and choice that Japan gains in my mod. If Japan gets extra divisions and ships then the Allies ALSO have acccess to extra divisions AND start with the option of bringing the Soviet Union into the war on December 7th or 8th should they so wish.

I think that to play Empires Ablaze without giving the Allies this freedom of movement would result in a game in which Japan absolutely runs riot. As it is though with this Allied freedom of movement the Allies can put up a good show, albeit I think the Japanese have been made a bit TOO strong in the first 6 months. Thus I'll let them become as strong but just delay the onset of that strength for a few months so that it can't effect the initial phase of operations.

(in reply to Badnews)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Wanted> 2 mirror games, strong opponents, who wants a challenge (CHS160) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI