Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Minor Country Economic Phase

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Minor Country Economic Phase Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Minor Country Economic Phase - 12/28/2007 12:24:26 AM   
GZEPKA

I found it hard to go through all my independent minor countries for builds, I kept missing some. Is there an aid in the program like a spread sheet I am missing to keep track of them together? Going one by one and not missing any is a little time consuming; which will be a real pain once I play it in person with multiple real players.
Post #: 1
RE: Minor Country Economic Phase - 12/28/2007 12:30:49 AM   
DodgyDave

heheh, i fully get this issue, i am suggesting they put the boardgame turn sheet into the game, as that will give you overview of your nation and 6 minors at least, but this is now a computer run game, so should be able to give you more then 6 minors, as it is now, its too easy to miss a minor or a few.

(in reply to GZEPKA)
Post #: 2
RE: Minor Country Economic Phase - 12/28/2007 12:38:30 AM   
j-s

quote:

ORIGINAL: DodgyDave
heheh, i fully get this issue, i am suggesting they put the boardgame turn sheet into the game, as that will give you overview of your nation and 6 minors at least, but this is now a computer run game, so should be able to give you more then 6 minors, as it is now, its too easy to miss a minor or a few.

I can agree to this. I don't understand, why this wasn´t done yet. Keeping record for your reinforcements is thing that should be easy with computer, it was a pain in the ass in boardgame.

Would it be possible to get "show reinfocements"-button, when you will see all reinforcements that are "under construction". Or that game will show you a list of reinforcements in the begin of the reinforcement phase. That should be easy.

(in reply to DodgyDave)
Post #: 3
RE: Minor Country Economic Phase - 12/28/2007 12:50:07 AM   
DodgyDave

i dont see any reasons why they cut the turnsheet, as its way more easy to use and gives you nice overview of nation and FS, compared to the way they setup this game. But i guess it was a choice when they setup the game, but we can hope for improvement :)

(in reply to j-s)
Post #: 4
RE: Minor Country Economic Phase - 12/28/2007 4:39:10 AM   
Filmstudy

I'm lobbying for a "Next Freestate" key in the economic phase that will cycle through the MP and all controlled free states to make builds and buy corps.  Ideally, for a country with 2 free states this would take you through:

MP build screen
MP corps purchase screen
FS1 build screen
FS1 corps purchase screen
FS2 build screen
FS2 corps purchase screen
MP build screen
etc...

Can you all think of anything that should be added to that?

(in reply to DodgyDave)
Post #: 5
RE: Minor Country Economic Phase - 12/28/2007 6:18:28 AM   
dodod

I think free states should go first so you can give them money.

(in reply to Filmstudy)
Post #: 6
RE: Minor Country Economic Phase - 12/28/2007 4:35:21 PM   
carnifex

quote:

I found it hard to go through all my independent minor countries for builds, I kept missing some. Is there an aid in the program like a spread sheet I am missing to keep track of them together? Going one by one and not missing any is a little time consuming; which will be a real pain once I play it in person with multiple real players.

click anywhere in your country

click the nation status button in the upper left

in the pop-up you will see a list of your free states

< Message edited by carnifex -- 12/28/2007 4:36:33 PM >

(in reply to GZEPKA)
Post #: 7
RE: Minor Country Economic Phase - 12/28/2007 9:09:58 PM   
DodgyDave

you mean the one that only show you two and you need to click on to see each of the rest? i prefer it all to be there at once instead of spread out or having to scroll or click alot :)

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 8
RE: Minor Country Economic Phase - 12/28/2007 11:41:03 PM   
Grollub

I don't have any problems with the current (economic phase) interface/buttons and I seldom forget my minor Free States. I agree with Dodgydave though - the original turnsheet would be nice as that 'seldom' would be changed to 'never'. I'm quite sure I wouldn't like the "cycle" idea as anything but an interface option.

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Filmstudy)
Post #: 9
RE: Minor Country Economic Phase - 12/30/2007 12:52:45 AM   
zenmaster

I think an option to be prompted for the Minor Free states would be nice.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 10
RE: Minor Country Economic Phase - 12/30/2007 4:16:55 PM   
easterner

Though I can't argue with the suggestion of a centralized production screen and a "next Freestate" key, both would be helpful.

As to missing countries that's easy. YOUR GOING TOO FAST. Slow down, double check your Show Nation Statistics Key (to right of end phase key) This handy key shows your Minors, your at War states and your future reinforcements. Right clicking on a minor shows its' builds and any port with a ship Icon tells you accumulated ship builds and under construction status of ships for both Major & minors.

But the game flows so well haste sets in easily (I'm equally guilty) but discilpining yourself to double check will prevent errors.

(in reply to zenmaster)
Post #: 11
RE: Minor Country Economic Phase - 12/30/2007 4:57:05 PM   
dodod

I think this type of suggestion is exactly the type of thing the game needs.....Why would anyone not agree with this suggestion?  If you don't want, don't use the button.  The point here is to get the game to test one's strategy, not depend on forgetting to buy equipment....

I think this is a great suggestion.

(in reply to easterner)
Post #: 12
RE: Minor Country Economic Phase - 12/30/2007 6:27:59 PM   
JavaJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: zenmaster

I think an option to be prompted for the Minor Free states would be nice.

Against the AI you can accumulate a lot of minors. If the AI was better or if playing against humans you aren't going to gain a ton of free states. Turkey may be the exception but if you are going to make them all free states you just create the Ottoman Empire and reduce the amount of free states that you need to manage.

My concern is that the game will turn into one continuous prompt for me to remember something that will become annoying over time. The suggestion about a next free state button may work better than a prompt for every free state.

Vice President Jersey Association Of Gamers
JerseyGamers.com

(in reply to zenmaster)
Post #: 13
RE: Minor Country Economic Phase - 12/30/2007 6:46:27 PM   
DodgyDave

no, most simple part would be to reintroduce the original turn sheet for the boardgame, which would then tell you all you need to know about your own nation and all your minors, all in 1 place instead of having it all spread out :)

(in reply to JavaJoe)
Post #: 14
RE: Minor Country Economic Phase - 12/31/2007 5:05:24 AM   
Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: DodgyDave

no, most simple part would be to reintroduce the original turn sheet for the boardgame, which would then tell you all you need to know about your own nation and all your minors, all in 1 place instead of having it all spread out :)

Agreed.

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to DodgyDave)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Minor Country Economic Phase Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI