Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HCE Windows error message

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support >> HCE Windows error message Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HCE Windows error message - 12/29/2007 7:12:03 PM   
agafford

After opening a saved game in Vista environment and starting play, I am getting an error box that says "Main Executable for Harpoon Commanders Edition has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. " and box Close Program. After watching the circle go around for a while I close the program. This is the first time this has happended after several weeks of play.
Post #: 1
RE: HCE Windows error message - 12/29/2007 8:54:47 PM   
TonyE

Can you zip up the saved game in question and send it and instructions to reproduce the issue to HC3@harpgamer.com?  Also, what directory is the game installed in?  Thank you.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to agafford)
Post #: 2
RE: HCE Windows error message - 12/30/2007 12:51:43 AM   
agafford

I have sent the file. I am now playing Dollitovs Raid without problem so far.

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 3
RE: HCE Windows error message - 12/30/2007 5:49:42 AM   
Warhorse64

I just got a very similar error, also under Vista, though in my case Windows told me no solution was available after a few seconds, and let me shut down. The only save I have is one I made a few minutes into the game, I can send it to you if you like, but the crash occurred about 12 hours game time later. Autosave seems to have stopped working in this case, though it is set for every two minutes. The scenario was the last one in WestPac, 'The Backyard'. The Sovs had just succeeded in destroying the airbase in southern Japan (ADa), but its associated I-HAWK battery was still alive and had appeared on the group map with the demise of the airfield. I had highlighted the battery, and I believe I was looking at the 'full' report when the crash occurred. I have harpoon installed in D:\Program Files\HCE. Windows, and its associated \Program Files\ directory,  is on the  C: drive as usual.

(in reply to agafford)
Post #: 4
RE: HCE Windows error message - 12/30/2007 6:44:46 AM   
Warhorse64

Okay, just did some more checking. It turns out that the autosaves are going to the save that I did early on in the game, which is convenient in this case but seriously annoying if I want to go back to that stage in the game. Is it *supposed* to be doing that?!? Anyway, TonyE, I've sent you a copy of the save with instructions on how to reproduce the crash. Let me know if you need anything else.

(in reply to Warhorse64)
Post #: 5
RE: HCE Windows error message - 12/30/2007 9:39:27 PM   
TonyE

Warhorse, the good news is that your Backyard crash was easily verified and also previously fixed for the first patch.  The autosave does continously overwrite the last used saved game name (or autosave.??? if no manual save was done).  We have a debugging feature of iterative saves that will be enabled in the first patch even for the release version.

quote:

Here's the save for the crash I was posting about in the "HCE Windows error message" thread. To reproduce the crash, highlight the I-HAWK battery in southern Japan (group DS). Increase magnification in the group map to 8x.
Right-click in the area of DS to centre the unit map on DS. Click on the I-HAWK battery on the unit map (shows as BLUE AD Mobile, DS00). Click 'Full', then click 'Close' in the resulting report window. Game immediately crashes.

< Message edited by TonyE -- 12/30/2007 9:40:01 PM >

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to Warhorse64)
Post #: 6
RE: HCE Windows error message - 12/30/2007 9:41:12 PM   
TonyE

quote:

ORIGINAL: agafford

I have sent the file. I am now playing Dollitovs Raid without problem so far.

agafford, I cannot reproduce the crash you are seeing, can you provide more detail on how to make it happen. I renamed your file to an extension of .hpm, was that correct?

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to agafford)
Post #: 7
RE: HCE Windows error message - 12/30/2007 9:43:26 PM   
Warhorse64

quote:

ORIGINAL: TonyE

Warhorse, the good news is that your Backyard crash was easily verified and also previously fixed for the first patch. The autosave does continously overwrite the last used saved game name (or autosave.??? if no manual save was done). We have a debugging feature of iterative saves that will be enabled in the first patch even for the release version.

Okay, thanks Tony.

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 8
RE: HCE Windows error message - 12/31/2007 12:00:22 AM   
agafford

It happened again with another scenario. I am playing in a dual screen mode running a 20"LCD monitor off my new laptop. When I grabbed the Group map and tried to enlarge it I got the failure. The games are being saved with a .hp1 extension. I have sent you a zipped copy of the latest failure.

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support >> HCE Windows error message Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI