Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Portugese Fleets

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Portugese Fleets Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Portugese Fleets - 12/30/2007 12:54:41 AM   
mmattson

In a 2 player game hosted by GB vs France the Portuguese were manipulated to British Allied. During the reinforcement phase I attempted to place the Portuguese fleets. The software permitted me to place the fleet counters but not to load them with ships. The land units were no problem

mmattson
Post #: 1
RE: Portugese Fleets - 12/30/2007 6:07:05 AM   
fatfloyd

I had the exact same trouble with the Swedish fleets.

Is there something I am not doing?

(in reply to mmattson)
Post #: 2
RE: Portugese Fleets - 12/30/2007 6:17:45 AM   
gwheelock

I also had this happen with the Danish Fleets.  Scenario :

Denmark is ALLIED to France.
Spain DOWs France; Denmark becomes French FS.
During the reinforcement phase; it tells me that I have xHv & yLt (done remember the numbers) of
Danish ships to place.  I could place the counter; but not transfer the ships to it (& there was
no "built ships" marker in Copenhagen)
I skipped the placement & the program LOST the ships (they should have stayed in the availble
pool like all new-built but unplaced ships).

(As an aside - that AI REALLY REALLY needs to have some fixes; because as France :
  A) The British, Prussian & Autrians had been exterminated down to their 1 capital provence each (& Russia was half gone.
  B) Their ENTIRE armies were gone.  All of the Brit's heavy ships were gone.
  C) They all had >2 years of enforced peace.
  D) I was ALLED to the Turks.
  E) EVERY core AND EVERY FLEET was MAXED.
  F) EVERY city in France was MAXED (I was throwing away 70-80 manpower/quarter because I didn't have anywhere to put it & had over $300 in the bank)

Add all of this together & that means that its the PERFECT time to DOW France - don't you think?)

(in reply to mmattson)
Post #: 3
RE: Portugese Fleets - 12/30/2007 7:38:27 AM   
delatbabel

I think what you do is deploy the fleet, and then assign ships to it as if you are assigning reinforcements to an army corps -- i.e. use the "add troops to selected unit" button not the "add ships to fleet" button.

--
Del

(in reply to gwheelock)
Post #: 4
RE: Portugese Fleets - 12/30/2007 3:42:40 PM   
DodgyDave

in the boardgame you got optional rule 11.9.1 which states you cant have your homenation reduced more then 3 proviences. but if that was introduced then you also need 11.9.2 which means if forced to go into civil disorder, you instead of breaking up, will be forced to surrender to all your enemies at once, you cant refuse unconditional.

these options are preferred normally, by those we played with, as nothing worse then to see prussia disappear entirely. also this game have some kind of 11.9.1 active, as you also have your capital, but its just not enough, to little territory, cant recover from that.

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 5
RE: Portugese Fleets - 12/30/2007 5:33:46 PM   
gwheelock

quote:

ORIGINAL: delatbabel

I think what you do is deploy the fleet, and then assign ships to it as if you are assigning reinforcements to an army corps -- i.e. use the "add troops to selected unit" button not the "add ships to fleet" button.

THATS very non-intuitive - I'll have to try it & see ...

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Portugese Fleets Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI