Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wow! This game rocks!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wow! This game rocks!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wow! This game rocks!! - 9/16/2000 12:52:00 AM   
Monty

Where have you guys been?? Where the hell have I been? I've just tripped across this game from one of the mags. I play ASL, I've ordered Combat Mission, and then one day BAM. This free squad level game...no....simulation is offered on the net. So many nations! So many unit details! So MANY SCENARIOS!! And the game plays so well! Excellent work Matrix. After the tutorial I played Grabner's Charge(?) - the Arnhem Bridge - and got smoked as the Germans vs AI. But what a rush! I couldn't find any more Arnhem scenarios though. Well I have to dive in. See you all online...or PBeM....and maybe I'll try my hand at scenario design. You can never have too many Stalingrad scens!

"None but the brave deserves the fair" - John Dryden
Post #: 1
- 9/16/2000 2:57:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Welcome Monty. We've been here, you just didn't know it Glad to have you join us. SPWAW is one of the best and with these improvements it is better than ever. Check out the manual to be sure you understand all the nuances of the game. Enjoy. We are happy to have you with us. And be sure and visit the Game Depot where you can get many scenarios that did not come on the CD. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Monty)
Post #: 2
- 9/16/2000 5:08:00 AM   
Don

Hi Monty, Try this link for another Arnhem scenario: http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/spwaw_scenarios.htm - it's called "Der Hexenkessel" It's a great site along with Tankhead's site: http://tankhead.home.icq.com/scenarios.html I thought there were plenty of Market-Garden scenarios, but there really isn't. I'm working on a map of Elst, where the Irish Guards were stopped by German armor just 6 miles from Arnhem, and then maybe I'll look at Oosterbeek. Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Monty)
Post #: 3
- 9/16/2000 6:25:00 AM   
Graf Speer

U-234 said:
quote:

Really, really enjoying the game. Seems like a new product with each battle. Impossible to get bored with, thanks for the superior work Team Matrix. -- U-235. . . from ]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001925.html
I sure agree with both Monty & U-235. SPWAW 4.0 is like playing a new game in a number of areas. Even looking over the new map features is very pleasing to an architek's discerning eye I also need to relearn a few rules (like so I don't immobilize my vehicles by pushing them to their 'speed limits', etc.), and there are, yet, more options (like "Ops fire") than ever before which is outstanding! So, the more options at our disposal, the more the merrier we all are likely proving to be. SPWAW 4. is a grognard's paradise and yet intuitive and straight forward enough to be enjoyed by even morons like my older brother! Thanks, Matrix Merry Men Albert [This message has been edited by Graf Speer (edited September 15, 2000).]

(in reply to Monty)
Post #: 4
- 9/16/2000 7:31:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Ho, ho, ho...Our pleasure One of the Merry Men ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Monty)
Post #: 5
- 9/16/2000 9:51:00 AM   
Sirmel

I got the 3.0 v from PC Gamer mag and now 4.1? has come out with enhancements. Now I have tried to dn load the upgrade but it stopped so its also a 140mb and my connection is only 44000 I was wandering does Matrix plan on releaseing the upgrade to PC gamer also????

(in reply to Monty)
Post #: 6
- 9/16/2000 3:00:00 PM   
Don

Hi Sirmel, Alot of people have had the download "stop" on them - you need a download program like GetRight. Set it to download, segment it and go to bed. If the download is interrupted, Getright will automatically keep trying to resume it and hopefully you'll get all 143MB! www.getright.com Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Monty)
Post #: 7
- 9/17/2000 7:14:00 AM   
Monty

Thanks for the welcome guys. Wild Bill - already trying to absorb the manual. Do you guys have an HTML version (or word or text)? I'd love to load it onto my ebook and the Adobe/HTML conversion is a little weak? Don - Thanx for the links. I pulled down the Market Garden scen and look forward to trying it. See you guys on the field of honour. ------------------ "None but the brave deserves the fair" - John Dryden

"None but the brave deserves the fair" - John Dryden

(in reply to Monty)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wow! This game rocks!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI