Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

me and my tutorial beating

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> me and my tutorial beating Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
me and my tutorial beating - 9/16/2000 8:15:00 AM   
panzerfist

i just played the tutorial, which is the first game i have really been able to play. let me just say this - DONT BE AMERICA!!! now i am no master strategist but i think i know at least a thing or two when it comes to combat. when i played this scenario - i got whipped! i knocked out zero - none - zilch - null enemy german tanks and all but one of mine were killed. oh! i hit plenty of times but that only made the germans more angry. i have to admit - all kidding aside - it was a bit frustrating to attack german tanks from behind, three hexes away (150 yards right?) and hit but do nothing more than scratch the paint, only to have them turn around and blast me in a shot! oh well...i think ill stick to the german side. a question tho - i was trying to load my units and some loaded ok but others kept saying "unit too far away" even tho i was right next to them. i practically had to be on top of them. i tried it from all angles but the little soldiers just didnt want to crawl in. is this a glitch? also - i get the orders thing and want to implement them rather than turn it off on the preferences screen, but - how do you issue orders? i have had some scenarios start where my guys wouldnt even move. so how do you issue them, or change them? thanks

Post #: 1
- 9/16/2000 8:41:00 AM   
Rhone

Uh-oh, I feel a scolding on reading the manual coming. Don't worry Panzer, I've already had mine....like 4 times. So far in my experiences playing the Americans, I realize that the U.S. forces are very inexperienced, their equipment is subpar, and if you don't use the terrain to your advantage or get into a long range gun battle like in the movie "Patton" you will get scorched. It's best to pretend the German forces are like Redcoats and the American forces are like the Colonials. Don't get into it with them on equal ground, you must find a way to get the advantage before assaulting German forces. That is imperative! Happy Hunting!

(in reply to panzerfist)
Post #: 2
- 9/16/2000 8:56:00 AM   
Don

OK, Rhone is right so let's get it out of the way - read the manual! Or have 1000 posts in the next week! If you can't move your units you probably have Command and Control turned on, go into preferences and turn it off. You can read about it in the manual. You have to be in the same hex to load, except during deploy I notice I can load from 1 hex away. You can read about it... well you get the idea! If you've got all your preference settings at 100% you may find yourself getting beat up for awhile. Don't be afraid to "adjust" your numbers up a little to make it more even. Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to panzerfist)
Post #: 3
- 9/16/2000 11:31:00 AM   
Tank

As my buddy Walter would say, Read The Friendly Manual. It's a .pdf file and you can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for it for free. Of course, if you are like me, you like to just jump in and pound a few panzers. Well, then we just have to expect an ass whoopin! Imagine firing General Patton and putting the guy he slapped in charge... Well I hope you got my point. >>getting slapped by Patton<< Ouch! Tank

(in reply to panzerfist)
Post #: 4
- 9/17/2000 12:28:00 PM   
Supervisor

Now I want you to remember that no bastard won a game by not reADING THE MANUAL. hE WON BY LETTING THE OTHER POOR DUMB BASTARD NOT READ THE MANUAL
quote:

Originally posted by Tank: As my buddy Walter would say, Read The Friendly Manual. It's a .pdf file and you can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for it for free. Of course, if you are like me, you like to just jump in and pound a few panzers. Well, then we just have to expect an ass whoopin! Imagine firing General Patton and putting the guy he slapped in charge... Well I hope you got my point. >>getting slapped by Patton<< Ouch! Tank
------------------ Grenadier SPWAW Beta Team

(in reply to panzerfist)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> me and my tutorial beating Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI