Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problems Downloading

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Problems Downloading Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems Downloading - 1/3/2008 8:17:56 PM   
TxCSA1861

Hey everyone. I'm new to the game as well as new to DOWNLOADING games off the internet. I began my download last night and lost internet connection during the night.....so I'm having to start where I left off.

I have read some of the suggestions and I have already downloaded "Star Downloader" to assist me. However, when I'm trying to get to the re-download page, I keep getting this error message:

"Message 99998 - To protect ourselves against fraud, we need to set a cookie on your computer. In order to continue your purchase online, please reset your browser to allow cookies. You can make your purchase and then set cookies off again in your browser. If you already allow cookies, there may be a problem that can be corrected by deleting the cookie file. 20009SC01"

As far as I know, I dont have cookies blocked. If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it. I use AOL with Internet Explorer. I'm anxious to start playing this game but I'm beginning to get a little frustrated at all the problems I'm encountering!!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TxCSA1861
Post #: 1
RE: Problems Downloading - 1/3/2008 11:50:31 PM   
ericbabe

I'm going to have to let one of the Matrix guys respond to this as I don't know anything about the download system. However I can direct you toward the Microsoft site that has further information on how to view/delete your cookies:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283185

Further down the page there's the topic entitled: How to View and Delete Cookies

< Message edited by ericbabe -- 1/3/2008 11:51:43 PM >

(in reply to TxCSA1861)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems Downloading - 1/4/2008 12:08:17 AM   
Gil R.

There's also a website people often recommend to those who lost copies of the game and need to download it again, findmyorder.com. This might be a situation in which you can use them. But like Eric, I don't deal with the distribution end, so you should not take this suggestion as having greater authority.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: Problems Downloading - 1/4/2008 12:35:06 AM   
hadberz

The website is

www.findmyorder.com

I just tried it and all of the games I bought are still there for download. Some of those games I bought a year ago.

Heh didn't see your post there Gil, anyways the site works :)

< Message edited by hadberz -- 1/4/2008 12:36:51 AM >

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 4
RE: Problems Downloading - 1/4/2008 12:59:34 AM   
Gil R.

That's okay. You managed to provide a live link to the site, which was an improvement on my effort.

(in reply to hadberz)
Post #: 5
RE: Problems Downloading - 1/4/2008 7:42:30 PM   
Yogi the Great

Well I still have been unable to downlaod the latest update.
All I ever get is unable to display.  Unavailable or wrong address.
Doesn't matter what computer I'm on
I know many of you have downloaded succesfully - so I have no idea what is causing my problem - turning off anti-virus, spyware etc makes no difference.

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/ForgeofFreedom/Forge of Freedom-UpdateDR-v11010.zip

Above is the link exactly is listed on the Matrix web site that does not work for me.

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 6
RE: Problems Downloading - 1/4/2008 8:04:30 PM   
Erik Rutins

I just re-tested that link, it works fine. I have no idea why it wouldn't work for you, FTP is very straightforward. Are all the systems you're trying on the same internet connection?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 7
PROBLEM FIXED - 1/4/2008 9:27:29 PM   
TxCSA1861

Hey....thanks everyone! As with most things I think it was "operator error" LOL! I ended up going to my account page and clicking on another link that was there for download. It started me completely over with my download but I had only gotten about 75mb in the first time so it wasnt no big deal.

Anyway, thanks again and I look forward to gaming with yall!

TxCSA1861

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: Problems Downloading - 1/5/2008 1:56:58 AM   
Yogi the Great

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I just re-tested that link, it works fine. I have no idea why it wouldn't work for you, FTP is very straightforward. Are all the systems you're trying on the same internet connection?

No
Home is a dial-up ticon.net (subsidery of nationwide internet)
Work is high speed cable where I usually try to donwload because of speed Charter cable
Each has a different virus progarm as well
Both are windows XP with internet explorer 7
Results are the same - unable to display.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
RE: Problems Downloading - 1/6/2008 6:10:48 PM   
hadberz

Yogi the update is also hosted here now.

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/

direct link
http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/dlp.cgi?lang=eng&sys=pc&file=forge_of_freedom-updatedr-v11010.zip&ref=ps

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 10
RE: Problems Downloading - 1/6/2008 7:53:46 PM   
Yogi the Great

quote:

ORIGINAL: hadberz

Yogi the update is also hosted here now.

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/

direct link
http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/dlp.cgi?lang=eng&sys=pc&file=forge_of_freedom-updatedr-v11010.zip&ref=ps

Thanks very much! I was able to download the patch Won't be able to install for a few days, but since it downloaded ok, I think it will work out.

Still a bit baffled though. Kept being told the link from Matrix worked, and others clearly were able to use it. I have downloaded from Matrix in the past (including FOF) and from other companies without problem. This patch I tried over several weeks, on 4 different computers on two different networks. Must be the old computer gremlins at work I guess.

Thanks again hadberz

(in reply to hadberz)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Problems Downloading Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI