Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

First impression...disappointed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> First impression...disappointed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First impression...disappointed - 6/5/2007 4:57:28 PM   
Arkady

Hi,
well I'm slightly disappointed after first look
I don't expect new features but few old problems persist and some new problems appear.

- 2D mode...change to counters messed up NATO symbols...see picture

it looks ugly

- system colors change, when you start CS, it repaint your system colors for windows etc. Entire Windows are in ugly khaki colors for East Front...

- HLP data for ingame parameter view (F4 hotkey) are old...it shows data for original units, no new weapons stats shown there

- Ships capturing available...with all those new ships you can fight naval battle, it is nice but rules are same as in land combat and you can surrond and assault capital ships and capture them... new pirate game ?
..and side note: ther is a russian "battleship" but it is actual heavy cruiser

when we can await new patch ?
and what's about new nations? if I want add Czechoslovak Army in USSR for example

anyway I appreciate your work, overall good job !

Arkady

Post #: 1
RE: First impression...disappointed - 6/5/2007 5:07:04 PM   
PvP

Arkady

< Message edited by PvP -- 6/5/2007 5:09:00 PM >

(in reply to Arkady)
Post #: 2
RE: First impression...disappointed - 6/5/2007 5:09:38 PM   
PvP

(in reply to PvP)
Post #: 3
RE: First impression...disappointed - 6/5/2007 5:21:55 PM   
PvP

Here is a little mystake (for first patch)
Thank for new CS - good work

(in reply to PvP)
Post #: 4
RE: First impression...disappointed - 1/5/2008 2:34:01 AM   
parslow66

I'm very dissapointed with the graphics on this game.  Previously I had the 'Aredennes Offensive'  which I gather from the forum is no longer available as the coding has been lost (very odd).  I read that the 'Campaign Series' was a superior replacement.  "Why do you need the old Ardennes Offensive as the CS is everything and more" it reads, or words to that effect.  Well it's not as far as I'm concerned, the graphics are way way inferior compared to 'Ardennes'. I'm really disappointed with this game, it may have a superior game engine and I appreciate looks aren't everything, but I can't see the point in creating a new improved game and then clearly allowing the graphical presentation to be far inferior.  I would take it back and want a refund if I hadn't downloaded it.  I'm really unhappy with the look of this game .  IMO very little thought has gone into the overall appearance/ production.  Which is a shame as The Ardennes Offensive offered a taste of what it could have been.  Come on Matrix sort it out!

(in reply to PvP)
Post #: 5
RE: First impression...disappointed - 1/5/2008 3:13:41 AM   
e_barkmann

by 'Ardennes Offensive' do you mean Talonsoft's 'Battleground: Ardennes', which was the series prior to CS?

http://www2.worldvillage.com/wv/gamezone/images/scrnshot/ardenes2.gif

Chalk and cheese IMO.

cheers

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to parslow66)
Post #: 6
RE: First impression...disappointed - 1/5/2008 11:31:46 AM   
parslow66

Yep that's the game I mean. The Battle ground series IMO was much sharper/clearer, I liked the unit dialouge box's too and as mentioned the graphics looked much better. Chalk and cheese to you maybe, but the reason I purchased the CS was I was led to believe it was an inprovement on the Ardennes game.

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 7
RE: First impression...disappointed - 1/7/2008 6:00:39 PM   
vadersson

Wow, no offense, but based on the link Chris posted, I think that the Campaign Series is much better graphically.  Have you tried all the different views?  Maybe there are some setting also (not sure about that.)  You could turn on the hex grip as well if you want more clearly defined hexes. 

There is also someone working on updating the old 16 bit grapichs to 24 bit somewhere.  However, I get the impression that it is pretty far from complete.

Sorry you are disappointed, but I really can't see why.  ;)

Thanks,
Duncan

Carrier Rifle Section should be modeled with their Bren guns!

(in reply to parslow66)
Post #: 8
RE: First impression...disappointed - 1/7/2008 8:38:01 PM   
parslow66

I've been playing the AI and am begining to adjust to the game play still need to spend more time reading the manual I'm just too lazy to do it.
Maybe you are right about the settings I am using Vista perhaps it will improve with the 24 bit graphics there's something missing IMO. I looked at the screenshots on the Matrix website and they don't seem to be any better than the game, I would have thought that would have been a good test to see if my graphics/dispaly wasn't working to the optimum in the game. Don't you think the units on the Battleground game were more detailed? I just seem to think they were better defined and clearer. I liked the maps better too.  You can't please everyone all the time though eh?

(in reply to vadersson)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> First impression...disappointed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI