Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CFNA question...NO LOSS PENALTY

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> CFNA question...NO LOSS PENALTY Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CFNA question...NO LOSS PENALTY - 1/8/2008 8:06:08 AM   
mikbolo

sorry for my bad english ,but ive a question about CFNA 42-43 scenario, im playing a PBEM game , i’m at the third turn and ive noticed that in the SITUATION BRIEFING in the VICTORY CONDITION , the LOSS PENALTY are still and always 0 for both friendly amd enemy forces… and this after almost 2 weeks of strong fights with several evaporated units… is it normal?
Thx in advance for the help
michele
Post #: 1
RE: CFNA question...NO LOSS PENALTY - 1/8/2008 8:55:10 AM   
ColinWright

It's normal; maybe someone who understands the mechanism more clearly than I do can explain it to you.

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to mikbolo)
Post #: 2
RE: CFNA question...NO LOSS PENALTY - 1/8/2008 9:36:32 AM   
mikbolo

i dont think that its normal, ive played a lot of scenario and its the first time that ive meet this situation and between this how u can play without the loss penalty ...i think has no sense fight only for victory location without consider the loss... sorry again for my tremendous english...

(in reply to mikbolo)
Post #: 3
RE: CFNA question...NO LOSS PENALTY - 1/8/2008 2:00:31 PM   
ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikbolo

i dont think that its normal, ive played a lot of scenario and its the first time that ive meet this situation and between this how u can play without the loss penalty ...i think has no sense fight only for victory location without consider the loss... sorry again for my tremendous english...

Perhaps 'normal' is the wrong word. However, it doesn't mean anything is wrong, per se. I have one scenario which for reasons that would require some explanation, has an inevitably exploding loss penalty for one side; it's not 'wrong' in any way -- just something to take into account when deciding how to balance the VP's.

My understanding of the mechanism is no longer really clear enough for me to present an explanation that is both accurate and coherent. Like asking me to explain nuclear fission without allowing me a quick review first...

Your zero loss penalty just happens sometimes. It's okay. Maybe JAMiAM or somebody will show up and explain it all to you.

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to mikbolo)
Post #: 4
RE: CFNA question...NO LOSS PENALTY - 1/8/2008 2:19:32 PM   
mikbolo

My doubt come because when im playing my turn, if i check the situatio briefing ,i can see the loss penality ,but when start the new turn they are 0-0 again ..its an half week scenario...ive played huger ones like barbarossa but loss penalty was working and very importatant to decide for the final victory

(in reply to ColinWright)
Post #: 5
RE: CFNA question...NO LOSS PENALTY - 1/8/2008 7:56:03 PM   
JAMiAM

Hi,

Golden Delicious answered in the other copy of this thread that you started in the main TOAW III forum, so I'm closing this one.

(in reply to mikbolo)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> CFNA question...NO LOSS PENALTY Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI