Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Platform Pictures

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Platform Pictures Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Platform Pictures - 11/24/2007 1:40:22 AM   
gax

Hi all

Where can I download a picture pack for Harpoon 3?

some pictures are missing

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Platform Pictures - 12/13/2007 12:12:33 PM   
Bucks

gax,
There are no further updates planned for the currently available "RES" based photos (b&w low res images). When H3ANW 3.9 is released, the game will then utilise the new "Harpoon Media Viewer". Allowing for the viewing of multiple images per platform and full colour display. I have started work on expanding the available images and plan on having a page dedicated to allow for ANW users to update the standard colour photoset that will accompany the 3.9 update. Once the HUD3 is available at it's new home, I'll be making sure people drop by to grab the files.

I am currently still expanding the available images for download and once the Update is released, I'll be sure to let everyone know where they can grab the expanded photo libraries.

Cheers

Darren Buckley

P.S. I've decided to include a few examples from the latest testing to illustrate the upgrade's enhanced image display capabilities.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to gax)
Post #: 2
RE: Platform Pictures - 12/13/2007 12:17:11 PM   
Bucks

Another example:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 3
RE: Platform Pictures - 12/13/2007 12:30:23 PM   
Bucks

Apologies for the bandwidth usage, I believe this planned upgrade to the game is both visually a major improvement but it also helps with players learning the identity of the platforms they are using in their scens.

Players can pick and choose as to what they display and I've even added some action shots for the platforms concerned. Here's an Arleigh Burke DDG letting loose with her 5" gun:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 4
RE: Platform Pictures - 12/13/2007 4:28:47 PM   
roeddog

Sweet... Looks like the ship in front of the Burke class if firing also. Can't wait for 3.9
Keep up the great work

Jeff

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 5
RE: Platform Pictures - 12/21/2007 6:04:40 AM   
SonarMB

If anyone wants any RAN pictures please feel free to email me and I shall scan and send you the pics. I have Sh*tloads (old RAN saying meaning heaps) of my own and books.

Here is an example. This pic is the last Ikara missile I ever fired. This was in 1990 from HMAS Swan DE50. The RAN decided to stop using Ikara in favour of Helicopters. Much to my and many others disgust. In fact a RN TASO had said the it was the Royal Navy's worst idea to get rid of RNIK (Royal Navy Ikara).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by SonarMB -- 12/21/2007 6:06:26 AM >

The ocean has no compassion, no faith, no law, no memory. Its fickleness is to be held true to man's purpose only by an undaunted resolution and by sleepless, armed, jealous vigilance in which, perhaps, there has always been more hate than love.

(in reply to roeddog)
Post #: 6
RE: Platform Pictures - 12/21/2007 6:07:24 AM   
SonarMB

Here is another classic!!the name says it all

Attachment (1)

The ocean has no compassion, no faith, no law, no memory. Its fickleness is to be held true to man's purpose only by an undaunted resolution and by sleepless, armed, jealous vigilance in which, perhaps, there has always been more hate than love.

(in reply to SonarMB)
Post #: 7
RE: Platform Pictures - 12/21/2007 10:08:24 AM   
Bucks

There's a lot of nice dark solid water there, the Warra about to become a fast replacement for the Collins?

I'll have to take you up on the offer of the RAN ships etc as I have a reasonable coverage of RAN platforms at present (of course). I'll pull a list from my database and shoot you a request list SonarMB thanks very much for the offer and contribution to the progress of Harpoon 3 ANW.

Thanks in advance

Darren Buckley

(in reply to SonarMB)
Post #: 8
RE: Platform Pictures - 12/22/2007 2:47:23 AM   
SonarMB

Any time Darren. Warra would be the first every surface to Citrus class conversion.

btw Citrus class was what we used to call the Collins class boats before the upgrades. Now they are the 2nd most dangerous boats in the world. The first of cause are the O boats!

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 9
RE: Platform Pictures - 12/22/2007 11:33:15 AM   
SonarMB

Now anyone want to see what happens when a SM1 SAM goes wrong?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SonarMB)
Post #: 10
RE: Platform Pictures - 12/22/2007 4:07:14 PM   
CV32

Ouch, defective rocket motor ? Those are some great pics, SonarMB. And its very cool you're helping Darren.

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to SonarMB)
Post #: 11
RE: Platform Pictures - 12/22/2007 4:24:55 PM   
Dagooz

It seems that it went wrong in the "winged" section so yeah, most likely the motor blowing up... Does that mean that the spread of white material is the fuel? I have only seen fuel from a Nike Herkules and that was kind of red or brown and very solid.

(in reply to CV32)
Post #: 12
RE: Platform Pictures - 12/27/2007 5:03:13 AM   
SonarMB

Here is a pic of the ESSM firing. Warramunga was the first ship in the world to fire Evolved Sea Sparrow Missle.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Dagooz)
Post #: 13
RE: Platform Pictures - 12/27/2007 5:18:30 AM   
SonarMB

And here is my least favorite picture. Excluding the bottom left pics, it shows exactly what a Mk48 torpedo doe's to a River class DE, namely HMAS Torrens , my last ship!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SonarMB)
Post #: 14
RE: Platform Pictures - 12/28/2007 4:57:55 AM   
SonarMB

Here is an old photo taken from the search periscope of an Oberon Class sewer tube. The ship is HMAS Yarra DE 45.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 15
RE: Platform Pictures - Mystery Ship - 1/19/2008 4:38:25 AM   
Bucks

Ok so it's an old photo, I know only that it was taken before 1928 on an ANSCO V.P. JR camera manufactured in Binghamton N.Y. USA. THe patent on the camera is from June 11th 1912...

The ship is another matter, I know her name and hence details, but I wonder if anybody can even attempt to hazard a guess at what she is. I apologise for the quality, but it's an old pic.

Clues:
Has a more famous sister of the same class.
Decommissioned late 1920's

Cheers

Darren

Attachment (1)

Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1
Post #: 16
RE: Platform Pictures - Mystery Ship - 1/19/2008 3:08:55 PM   
SonarMB

Easy.....HMAS Sydney 1, HMAS Melbourne 1 or HMAS Brisbane from memory Town class light crusier. Ordered in 1910 one of 3. In fact Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane were re-classifed as Chaltham class Cruisers. Sydney Launched in 1912 by Lady Henderson...... want more??? Have a nice cut away drawing of her here!

< Message edited by SonarMB -- 1/19/2008 3:16:55 PM >

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 17
RE: Platform Pictures - Mystery Ship - 1/20/2008 9:02:02 PM   
Bucks

I suppose I have to give you a 1/3 of a point Mike. It's the HMAS Melbourne I, I've included the next shot which shows part of her name on the stern.

I'll see what else I can find and scan as I think I have a pic of the USS Nevada. We'll have to see if I can find it.

Cheers

Darren

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SonarMB)
Post #: 18
RE: Platform Pictures - Ikara - 1/20/2008 9:14:21 PM   
Bucks

I'll start sharing a set of photos I've taken over the years here in the "platform pictures" thread. This is the Ikara launcher on HMAS Stuart. The photo was taken by me in 1988 during the Australian Bicentenial Naval Review. Both the vessel and weapons system have since been retired from service.

I'm sure Mike will want to explain the weapon a little more.

Cheers

Darren

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 19
RE: Platform Pictures - Ikara - 1/20/2008 10:34:08 PM   
Sirius..

Hi Bucks I was there in 1988 too, good pissup at Kings Cross hehe

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 20
RE: Platform Pictures - Ikara - 1/21/2008 2:03:30 AM   
SonarMB

GEEEZ where do I start. For one thing the missile in the picture is a test bird. It has all the bits of a real bird with the exception of a torpedo, motor, Thermal Battery and any explosive bolts. Test missiles were used to verify all subsystems work. They are generally blue with a TN serial. War-shot and Practice Non Recoverable(PNR)will have a AN*** serial. Test missiles are AN birds converted after years of being AN birds. I might actually start a new thread about Ikara.

< Message edited by SonarMB -- 1/21/2008 2:27:03 AM >

(in reply to Sirius..)
Post #: 21
RE: Platform Pictures - What's this A/c famous for? - 1/21/2008 9:40:59 AM   
Bucks

I'm just going to post pics I've taken that people may find interesting or represent something historical. So here a replica of a very famous aircraft in terms of aviation history and Australian pride. There might even be some Dutch members of the forum who may know a little about the aircraft's manufacturer.

Cheers

Darren

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Bucks -- 1/21/2008 9:41:47 AM >

(in reply to SonarMB)
Post #: 22
RE: Platform Pictures - Sea Cat - 1/22/2008 10:24:08 AM   
Bucks

Ok,

So no one cares about Smithy and the Southern Cross, I better move back to purely military hardware...

Take a look at this and tell me they can bring down anything more than a seagull...

Darren

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 23
RE: Platform Pictures - Sea Cat - 1/22/2008 10:25:36 AM   
Bucks

Another angle.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 24
RE: Platform Pictures - Sea Cat - 1/22/2008 2:23:22 PM   
SonarMB

I have seen Sea Moogy almost take out a lear jet once.

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Platform Pictures Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI