Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to see the enemy units at the end ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> How to see the enemy units at the end ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to see the enemy units at the end ? - 1/23/2008 10:52:28 AM   
Pyrrhos1976

When a game is over, there is a lot of statistics, but it seems no possibility to see the enemy's units (with FOW). It's frustrating for me, because I'd like to make a new scenario which would be a continuation of the ancient, but with new objectives. And for this, I need to know where are the enemy's unit and what are their forces at the end of the first scenario.
How can I do ?
Post #: 1
RE: How to see the enemy units at the end ? - 1/25/2008 9:55:17 PM   
miral

Pyrrhos1976, you can turn FOW on and off within the game. Only thing I can think of is, when you think you are very near the end of a game turn the FOW off. Or have you tried this and it still doesn't help?

(in reply to Pyrrhos1976)
Post #: 2
RE: How to see the enemy units at the end ? - 1/25/2008 10:35:53 PM   
Pyrrhos1976

I don't see how... The FOW option during the game is just for the black overlay over hexes. It doesn't reveal enemy units.

(in reply to miral)
Post #: 3
RE: How to see the enemy units at the end ? - 1/26/2008 1:14:54 AM   
miral

Geez, my ( dumb ) mistake. Sometimes our minds are only borrowed. But I sympathize with you. There are several things it would be nice to be able to do in order to make scenarios or change settings. I would dearly love to be able to change a side from AI to human to AI ect within the same game. This is possible in some other games I've played. Perhaps this would solve your problem too?

Post #: 4
RE: How to see the enemy units at the end ? - 1/26/2008 4:50:22 AM   
T_K

Actually the Fog of War option turned off allows you to see ALL information for the enemy. It IS a major difference. I use it only to see how the AI works with my new units.

(in reply to miral)
Post #: 5
RE: How to see the enemy units at the end ? - 1/26/2008 7:21:57 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: T_K

Actually the Fog of War option turned off allows you to see ALL information for the enemy. It IS a major difference. I use it only to see how the AI works with my new units.

But if you play a game with FOW on, you can't go in at end and turn it off, which I think is what the original poster wants to do.

I tinkered with how to do this a little bit with the SalernoVI Corp scenario. I think the scenario designer could do some thing to make this possible using some end game events. But I dont know of any way for a player to do this at will.

Rick

(in reply to T_K)
Post #: 6
RE: How to see the enemy units at the end ? - 1/26/2008 8:28:08 PM   
Pyrrhos1976

quote:

I think the scenario designer could do some thing to make this possible using some end game events

What kind of events ?

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 7
RE: How to see the enemy units at the end ? - 1/26/2008 9:07:20 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pyrrhos1976

quote:

I think the scenario designer could do some thing to make this possible using some end game events

What kind of events ?

At end of game - AFTER last turn maybe try setting event ExecJoinRegime. Have the losing regime joing your regime. But this probably will only work if you know that youre going to play vs AI. If you're playing agains another person, you can set A to join B, and B will be able to see all of A, when turn goes to B reverse it, however, the players will be able to control their units during that time, so could mess things up while they look over map. I tried setting APs to zero but that didn't seem to stop me from doing some things.

Rick

Post #: 8
RE: How to see the enemy units at the end ? - 1/26/2008 9:35:21 PM   
british exil

Would be nice to have an end of scenario screen shot as in WF,EF and rising sun.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 9
RE: How to see the enemy units at the end ? - 1/26/2008 10:27:50 PM   
Pyrrhos1976

event ExecJoinRegime ?
Good idea. I'll try this for scenario against AI.
But first I must learn to create scenario !!

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> How to see the enemy units at the end ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI