Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Random maps, how many towns?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Random maps, how many towns? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Random maps, how many towns? - 1/29/2008 12:14:45 AM   
Delyn Locksmiths

How many towns do you guys put on the random maps? How many for say a 60x70 random map? Does it make a difference to the amount you'd have whether peoples republic is on?

And what is the effect of the city size slider? what for example does setting it at 3 do?
Post #: 1
RE: Random maps, how many towns? - 1/29/2008 3:00:46 AM   
Frido1207

Delyn,

I tested a bit to find a setup with which I´m hopfully comfortable with. Currently I´m playing on a 80x60 map, vs 3 AI+ opp, with 52% land & 44 towns & cities (level 2: 2k - 5k), excluding the start capitols. Playing with "Optimize for AI" the map also includes ~ 85 villages (0.5k). I also edited manually the production capacities of some towns, because of sea-connection / ship building capacity & for some balancing. But -as I remember- without increasing the total production amount in general.
Due to this editing of the map I´m right at the start of the game (~ turn 12), but its quite challenging to develop a good position for further conquets.
To give you an impression how the map looks like & whats going on:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Delyn Locksmiths)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Random maps, how many towns? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI