Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenarios for a new patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Scenarios for a new patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenarios for a new patch - 1/28/2008 10:29:18 PM   
Legun

I've upgraded my old "White Eagle - Red Star" set of scenarios to TOAW3 standard. Where I should send them to attach to a next patch?
Post #: 1
RE: Scenarios for a new patch - 1/29/2008 12:23:52 AM   
JAMiAM

You can send them to me, Jarek.

Make sure you include "TOAW III Scenario Submission" in the subject line.

iamjamiam (at) yahoo (dot) com

We have a small patch that is almost ready to wrap up, so they may miss this one. If so, then we'll put them in the next one. Thanks.

(in reply to Legun)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenarios for a new patch - 1/29/2008 12:34:19 AM   
Levelworm

I guess it's the "Russian Civil War" scenario? Excellent! Could you please include the refrence into readme document?

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenarios for a new patch - 1/29/2008 11:36:52 AM   
Legun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Levelworm

I guess it's the "Russian Civil War" scenario? Excellent!

Thanks

quote:

Could you please include the refrence into readme document?

Sorry, I couldn't. I've met about 40 books about the war - it's based on Polish and Russian sources. Many of them are publications from '20 and '30. The only English book I could recommend is Norman Davies' "White Eagle : Red Star". If you really need detailed information about Polish and Russian publications about the war, I could make you photos of reference lists of the newest publication. There are 24 pages :).

(in reply to Levelworm)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenarios for a new patch - 1/30/2008 12:00:06 AM   
ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: Legun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Levelworm

I guess it's the "Russian Civil War" scenario? Excellent!

Thanks

quote:

Could you please include the refrence into readme document?

Sorry, I couldn't. I've met about 40 books about the war - it's based on Polish and Russian sources. Many of them are publications from '20 and '30. The only English book I could recommend is Norman Davies' "White Eagle : Red Star". If you really need detailed information about Polish and Russian publications about the war, I could make you photos of reference lists of the newest publication. There are 24 pages :).

Could be worse. If anyone ever finds a worthwhile source on the Greco-Turkish War of 1921-22, let me know. Inasmuch as it determined the destiny of a fairly substantial state, it's annoying that there's virtually nothing in English. To my knowledge, the following:

Various stray internet summaries.

Kinross's biography of Ataturk. A fine book -- but obviously not primarily concerned with the one particular war.

Hellenic Vision (or something.) Also a perfectly good book -- but again, not really about the war per se. More the dynamics of the internal Greek political struggle.

An impossibly illiterate, biased, and generally inane book written by some Pakistani officer.

The worst of it is that given Turkey's fairly long-standing military establishment, there's probably a considerable volume of work on the war -- if not necessarily balanced work. Of course, it'd all be in Turkish...

< Message edited by ColinWright -- 1/30/2008 1:06:56 AM >

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to Legun)
Post #: 5
RE: Scenarios for a new patch - 1/30/2008 11:10:28 PM   
Nemo69

quote:

ORIGINAL: ColinWright

Could be worse. If anyone ever finds a worthwhile source on the Greco-Turkish War of 1921-22, let me know. Inasmuch as it determined the destiny of a fairly substantial state, it's annoying that there's virtually nothing in English. To my knowledge, the following:

Kinross's biography of Ataturk. A fine book -- but obviously not primarily concerned with the one particular war.

Hellenic Vision (or something.) Also a perfectly good book -- but again, not really about the war per se. More the dynamics of the internal Greek political struggle.

An impossibly illiterate, biased, and generally inane book written by some Pakistani officer.

The worst of it is that given Turkey's fairly long-standing military establishment, there's probably a considerable volume of work on the war -- if not necessarily balanced work. Of course, it'd all be in Turkish...

Stanford Jay Shaw's From Empire to Republic: The Turkish War of National Liberation, 1918-1923 : a documentary study. vol. 3, part 1, From Turkish resistance to the Turkish war of national liberation, 1920-1922 could be worth a look. In the same series, volume 5 is dedicated to the author's bibliography.

You also have David Fromkin's A peace to end all peace : the fall of the Ottoman Empire and the creation of the modern Middle East.

Finally, Edward J. Erickson and Mesut Uyar are set to publish this september a Military History of the Ottoman Empire: Mehemet to Ataturk , which later chapters could provide some piece of information too.

Fais ce que dois

(in reply to ColinWright)
Post #: 6
RE: Scenarios for a new patch - 1/30/2008 11:13:20 PM   
ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo69

quote:

Stanford Jay Shaw's From Empire to Republic: The Turkish War of National Liberation, 1918-1923 : a documentary study. vol. 3, part 1, From Turkish resistance to the Turkish war of national liberation, 1920-1922 could be worth a look. In the same series, volume 5 is dedicated to the author's bibliography.

You also have David Fromkin's A peace to end all peace : the fall of the Ottoman Empire and the creation of the modern Middle East.

Finally, Edward J. Erickson and Mesut Uyar are set to publish this september a Military History of the Ottoman Empire: Mehemet to Ataturk , which later chapters could provide some piece of information too.

Thanks. More than I was hoping for.

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to Nemo69)
Post #: 7
RE: Scenarios for a new patch - 1/30/2008 11:18:07 PM   
Nemo69

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo69

quote:

Thanks. More than I was hoping for.

You're most welcome - always ask your librarian.

Fais ce que dois

(in reply to ColinWright)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Scenarios for a new patch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI