Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Forward Observers can't assign artillery?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Forward Observers can't assign artillery? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Forward Observers can't assign artillery? - 9/19/2000 5:36:00 AM   
Hunter

I have just started my first game in the WWII campaign as Germans in Sept 39 and am on turn two. Having spotted large numbers of Polish infantry I wanted to call down some arty in support. However although all my HQ units can call in the arty my FO's cannot. When I click on the bombard button I see the following in the grey bar along the bottom "Forward Observers can't assign artillery". By the way I have reassigned a Kuebelwagen to the FO and it appears that the Kuebelwagen is now the HQ of the unit. Please help as I can see myself being overrun by polish without any arty.

Post #: 1
- 9/19/2000 9:06:00 AM   
Wild Bill

In this case, I would use whoever does have access to the artillery. If the stupid FO can't help, find someone who can Lost radio contact, chickened out, can't read a map. Who knows what his problem is. When A fails, go to B, lest ye be overrrun and annihilated Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Hunter)
Post #: 2
- 9/19/2000 5:11:00 PM   
Hunter

In the scenario I have 2 FO's both of which have 0 suppression, and full radio contact, and perfect line of site to a large number of the enemy. I could target the initial bombardment with them, but ever since I have not been able to use them???

(in reply to Hunter)
Post #: 3
- 9/23/2000 10:24:00 PM   
robot

I believe it is a bug. Fos team of mine have never been able to call down artty all thru the battle which i won with out there help. I also had jeeps with them and they can call it down. So now dont buy leg fo but only jeep vehicle fo. ------------------ Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.

(in reply to Hunter)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Forward Observers can't assign artillery? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI