Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Maximum Football 2.0 Championship Blitz Sale!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Maximum Football 2.0 Championship Blitz Sale! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Maximum Football 2.0 Championship Blitz Sale! - 2/1/2008 8:59:29 PM   
Marauders

Posted in the Maximum Football forum by Alex Fiedler (Matrix Games Staff):

Maximum Football 2.0 Championship Blitz Sale!

Like a Hail Mary late in the 4th quarter, this sale is coming in fast and is up for grabs!

Matrix Games and Wintervalley Software (www.wintervalley.com) are thrilled to announce the Maximum Football 2.0 Championship Blitz Sale! Starting on February 1st and running until February 8th the digital and boxed copy on-demand version will be on sale at 35% off the original price. The discount makes this highly addictive football management and coaching sim available for only $25.99 for the digital download version, a $14 savings off the regular price of $39.99!

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “The weather is just right for some classic gridiron action and with the smell of a championship in the air, what better way to celebrate than with this Championship Blitz Sale!”

Maximum-Football 2.0 is the latest and greatest release from the acclaimed sports management video game studio, Wintervalley Software. Bringing a whole host of new features like full Xbox 360 (for PC) controller support, full DirectX 9.0 utilization, and scores of other upgrades and improvements, Maximum-Football 2.0 delivers on gameplay and fun like a bullet pass through double coverage. Like its predecessor, Maximum-Football 2.0 allows players to experience the thrill of managing a team in any league!

Design and play in leagues where you pick the size and layout. Play against others in user created leagues. The sky is the limit to how far you can take Maximum-Football 2.0. Get down and dirty with the editor as you create new plays and playbooks, design your own uniforms and helmets, and even select nicknames to appear on jerseys.

Maximum-Football 2.0 is the football fan's dream. Whether you are a head coach or an armchair quarterback, Maximum-Football 2.0 has the features for you.

Get more information on Maximum Football 2.0 from its official Matrix Games Maximum Football 2.0 webpage.
Post #: 1
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 Championship Blitz Sale! - 2/2/2008 2:24:44 AM   
Marauders

What is Maximum-Football 2.0?

Maximum-Football is the ultimate football game for the PC. While the rest of the industry is abandoning the PC market for the console world of arcade football, Wintervalley has built a PC based game like no other. Maximum Flexibility = Maximum-Football.

Maximum-Football is first and foremost a coaching style of football game. The players on the field have various skills that determine how they react. Combined with your play selection you coach your team to victory.

Maximum-Football 2.0 has new and improved arcade features as well such as Trigger Touch Passing (available only with an XBox 360 Controller). Trigger Touch Passing allows for more control on the speed and arc of your passes. For arcade mode you would be best to use a game-pad with at least four buttons. An XBox 360 Controller is highly recommended.

As well as fun new arcade features, Maximum-Football 2.0 includes many general game play enhancements and features asked for by customers. Some of these features include full control over the replay camera, more distinction in on field player position, and improved animations.

Does Maximum-Football 2.0 work on Windows Vista?

Yes, this new version of the game works on Windows Vista. However, The system requirements to play the game on Vista are higher than if playing the game on Windows XP. (See system requirements below).

What makes Maximum-Football different from PC football games?

The single largest difference is the fact it allows for maximum customization of rules and game play. With Maximum-Football you can play traditional Canadian or American rules football as well as indoor rules, or create a custom combination based on the rules of each type of game. So for example you can play 3 downs on a small field with 12 players, no fair catch, a 2 minute warning and a 40 second clock. Or just about any combination of the following rules options;

• 3 or 4 downs.
  • 8, 11, 12 men per side.
  • Canadian, American amateur, American professional, or indoor playing fields
  • Place goal posts at the front or back of the end zone with any field size.
  • Play clock times from none to 45 seconds.
  • Allow for unlimited back field motion.
  • 1, 2 or 3 minute warning at the end of a half.
  • 3, 5, 10, 15 or 20 minute quarter lengths.
  • Specify overtime rules.
  • Specify points awarded for Touch Downs, Field Goals, PAT’s, and Safety touches.
  • Specify points in standings awarded for wins, losses, and ties.
  • Allow for a ‘Rouge’.
  • Missed Field Goals can be live and returned for a touch down or called dead.
  • Allow for 2 point converts.
  • Specify locations to kick off and run 2 point converts from.
  • Ability to turn off injuries.
  • Ability to turn off after snap penalties (no holding for example).
  • As of version 2.0, Maximum-Football supports the 2007 Canadian Football punting rules. These rules are supported only when playing with the Canadian field.

Along with the customizable rules, the game also allows for maximum options for players such as;

• Use of a given name and a jersey name . This allows use of nicknames on the jersey while maintaining the players given name.
  • 16 individual ratings over and above things like height, weight and age.
  • A selection of facemask styles.
  • Player faces can be changed to include your own in the game. (graphics done via external editor)
  • Statistical categories for passing, rushing, receiving, special teams, defensive teams, etc…
  • Players can be created manually or automatically generated.

Customizable team items include;

• User definable league structures allow for unlimited numbers of teams in 1 to 4 conferences with 1 to 4 divisions per conference.
  • Each team can have its own playbook.
  • Can include special day jerseys. (Uniform graphics are be made via an external editor)
  • Numbers can be placed on shoulders or sleeves.
  • Depth charts are based on formations in the teams playbook allowing you to assign different personal to different formations.
  • A free agent draft system is included.

The Play Development System (PDS)

• The PDS allows for creating and editing formations & plays for offense, defense and special teams.
  • Play routes are created via drawing command points and assigning scripted commands to each point. No longer are you restricted to selecting from half dozen hard coded routes.
  • Newly created routes can be saved to templates for use in other plays.
  • A quick preview mode allows you to watch player movement through the play.
  • A full practice mode allows you to take to the practice field and run your plays with or without a defense.
  • The PDS is full 3D.
  • Supplied editing tools.

Maximum-Football ships with a set of utility tools that allow access to the main database for the game. These utilities provide all the tools and functionality required to create and edit leagues, teams, and players. There is even a free agent drafting utility to allow you to stock the teams in your new league with players.

Comprehensive play book.

Maximum-Football's play books allow for the creation of play groups. These groups are based on team tendencies according to the game situation. The play book has profiles for offense, defense and special teams.

As Maximum-Football evolves over time features are subject to change.

On the graphic side, all player uniforms and the ball textures are open source, standard windows graphics( BMP files). You can use any painting program that saves to BMP (and they all do) to create new uniforms. As long as you lay out your graphics correctly and name them in accordance with the graphic name convention you should have no problems.

Customizable stadium art includes end zones and centerfield artwork.

The Maximum-Football database is unlocked allowing for 3rd party development.

You mentioned salaries. Does the game have salary and player negotiations?

At this time no. These items are included in the database for future use. However you can use them for on line leagues and create your own applications that use these fields. Currently there are no plans for the first edition of Maximum-Football to include player negotiations. Currently there is no facility for AI controlled player trades. Those features may be in future editions.

Does this game have a career mode?

It includes a basic career mode. You can play Maximum-Football leagues over unlimited seasons with players being drafted, developing over the years, growing older and retiring. Maximum-Football includes a draft profile system as well as a training camp profile for each team.

Draft?

Yes, Maximum-Football includes an optional Draft feature. With each new season draft eligible players are generated. These players are different than those in the regular free agent pool, because free agent players are not allowed to be drafted.

Is this a licensed product to the CFL™, NFL™, AFL™, other?

No. This product is in no way associated with any professional, semi-pro, or minor league. There are no trademarked logos used and no real player names used. The player names were generated randomly so if it turns out that a real player’s name ends up in the game it is coincidence only. After all, there are many John Smith's in the world.

As stated above, the ability to create graphics and rosters is available. If you choose to create real rosters and create graphics using trademarked logos that is up to you. Wintervalley and I, David A. Winter, take no responsibility for any actions taken against you.

If the game is not licensed what teams are you using?

The game ships with fictional leagues and teams for a default Canadian league of 10 teams, a US based league of 16 teams and an indoor league of 5 teams.

Stadium models are generic domes and outdoor stadiums.

The fields will come in various flavours of natural grass and artificial turf. Weather will effect how each of these surfaces play.

Why all this Canadian stuff?

My name is Dave, and I am Canadian!

Initially Maximum-Football was intended to provide Canadian rules only. Over the time of development, American and indoor rules options were added to allow football fans to play the game they enjoy the most. It also allows users to experiment with different rule combinations.

What are the hardware requirements?

• Windows XP or Windows Vista
  • 1 GHz CPU (2.0 GHz+ Recommended)
  • 512 MB RAM Minimum. (2 GB for Windows Vista)
  • 128 MB Video Card (Non-integrated Video) . Your video card must support at least
  • Pixel 1.0 and Vertex Shader 1.0.
  • DirectX-compatible Sound Card
  • 300 MB free Hard Drive space
  • Windows Compatible Mouse
  • DirectX 9c
  • As of Version 2.0, versions of Microsoft Windows other than XP or Vista are no longer supported.

If playing in arcade mode a Microsoft Xbox 360 game controller is highly recommended. These controllers have been tested and approved for use with Maximum-Football.

What are Shaders?

Maximum-Football 2.0 now makes use of shader technology. This technology allows for more detail in player uniforms by rendering bumps and folds in the uniforms. It also gives more definition to the grass textures of the field.

With this version of the game, you must have a video card that supports Pixel Shaders 1.0 (or higher) and Vertex Shaders 1.0 (or higher). Most nVidia and ATI graphics cards on the market today support at least version 1.0 of this technology. However older graphics cards or low end graphics cards in less expensive desktop and laptop computers may not. Consult your hardware documentation to be sure.

What technologies are you using?

The game’s core graphics engine is DirectX9. The 3D API is Direct3D.

Will there ever be a Macintosh version?

There will not be a Mac OS version of Maximum-Football. However if running a version of Windows XP or Windows Vista on your Mac via bootcamp, it may be possible to play the game. System hardware, drivers, and other Apple specific issues may cause complications. Wintervalley Software does not provide support for Apple hardware.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maximum-Football is copyright© 2002 - 2008, David A. Winter, and Wintervalley Software. All text, graphics and related information is copyright© 2002 - 2008, David A. Winter and Wintervalley Software

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 2
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 Championship Blitz Sale! - 2/4/2008 8:54:12 PM   
Marauders

quote:

Matrix Games and Wintervalley Software (www.wintervalley.com) are thrilled to announce the Maximum Football 2.0 Championship Blitz Sale! Starting on February 1st and running until February 8th the digital and boxed copy on-demand version will be on sale at 35% off the original price. The discount makes this highly addictive football management and coaching sim available for only $25.99 for the digital download version, a $14 savings off the regular price of $39.99!

Four more days to save $14.

Buy Maximum Football Now!

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 3
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 Championship Blitz Sale! - 2/4/2008 11:18:47 PM   
Grell

Hi,

I'm looking forward to getting it once my finances are sorted out in a couple of weeks.

Regards,

Grell

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 4
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 Championship Blitz Sale! - 2/4/2008 11:49:56 PM   
CJMello63

Go for the under Grell.

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 5
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 Championship Blitz Sale! - 2/4/2008 11:57:08 PM   
Grell

Hi CJ,

Do you have this game?

Regards,

Grell

(in reply to CJMello63)
Post #: 6
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 Championship Blitz Sale! - 2/7/2008 2:43:47 AM   
Marauders

Grell,

The sale goes until the 8th of February.

I own the game, and I am the moderator on the Maximum Football area of the Matrix Games board here.

I will try to answer any questions you may have.

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 7
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 Championship Blitz Sale! - 2/7/2008 7:41:52 AM   
ravinhood

Moderator? Since when did Matrixgames hire moderators???!!! They never gave me one of those postions. ;)

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 8
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 Championship Blitz Sale! - 2/7/2008 6:12:19 PM   
Marauders

quote:

Moderator? Since when did Matrixgames hire moderators???!!!

Well, they really didn't hire me. It is an unpaid position.

quote:

They never gave me one of those postions. ;)

That's because you'd ban half the people, and half of the people would want to ban you.

If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marauders -- 2/7/2008 6:14:23 PM >

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 9
RE: Maximum Football 2.0 Championship Blitz Sale! - 2/7/2008 6:21:00 PM   
Grell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

Grell,

The sale goes until the 8th of February.

I own the game, and I am the moderator on the Maximum Football area of the Matrix Games board here.

I will try to answer any questions you may have.

Hi Marauders,

It looks like I'm going to miss out on the sale but I don't mind. In about a week or 2 I'll purchase the game.....really looking forward to it.

Regards,

Grell

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Maximum Football 2.0 Championship Blitz Sale! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI