Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Smaller D/L Files!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Smaller D/L Files! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Smaller D/L Files! - 9/20/2000 1:27:00 AM   
Rhone

Here is a suggestion to help with d/l that incredibly HUGE 345meg file. On PCMag.Com site, there is a program called Splice32. This program can be used to chop up any file into smaller parts (Matrix can decide that). When you "splice" the program into smaller chunks it then creates a build executable for recreating the file. Then you set up your website with 10 34.5 meg files and the build executable. Whallah. Hell, you can even go so far as to break it down to 100 3.45meg files if you want.

Post #: 1
- 9/20/2000 2:14:00 AM   
BobD

...and on the subject of downloading, are there any mirror sites in the UK or elsewhere in Europe?? My slow home connection and the crazy by-the-minute rates I get charged by BT (the gits virtually charge you for even LOOKING at the computer!) make it incredibly time-consuming and costly to even d/l the v4 patch file from the US site! I tried to do so using work's faster link but the damned IE5 timed out (twice) at 136Mb and, when I tried to repeat it overnight using DL Accelerator the MIS boys caught up with me, terminated the download and have blocked this site!!!!!!!! They just DON'T understand... HELP!!! Bob

(in reply to Rhone)
Post #: 2
- 9/20/2000 2:20:00 AM   
Voriax

try ftp://ftp.edome.net/demot/strategia_ja_sotapelit/steel_panthers_waw_v4_patch.exe for the patch and: ftp://ftp.edome.net/demot/strategia_ja_sotapelit/steel_panthers_waw_v4_0_complete.exe for the full version Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to Rhone)
Post #: 3
- 9/20/2000 4:00:00 AM   
Red Baron

quote:

Originally posted by BobD: ...and on the subject of downloading, are there any mirror sites in the UK or elsewhere in Europe?? My slow home connection and the crazy by-the-minute rates I get charged by BT (the gits virtually charge you for even LOOKING at the computer!) make it incredibly time-consuming and costly to even d/l the v4 patch file from the US site! I tried to do so using work's faster link but the damned IE5 timed out (twice) at 136Mb and, when I tried to repeat it overnight using DL Accelerator the MIS boys caught up with me, terminated the download and have blocked this site!!!!!!!! They just DON'T understand... HELP!!! Bob
Hi Bob.. If everything else fails..Mail me your snai-mail adresse and i´ll ship you a copy of my CD..No charge Regards..Red Baron. ------------------ "SEMPER PARATUS" An Old Hawk Soldier Is Allways Ready!!

(in reply to Rhone)
Post #: 4
- 9/20/2000 3:38:00 PM   
BobD

quote:

Originally posted by Red Baron: Hi Bob.. If everything else fails..Mail me your snai-mail adresse and i´ll ship you a copy of my CD..No charge Regards..Red Baron.
Guten Morgen Baron v. R! many thanks for the kind offer. However, I decided to bite the bullet and download the v4 upgrade at home using Download Accelerator. (I got the v3.x version from a US copy of PC Gamer while on a business trip in Singapore last week!). It managed to do 97Mb in about 7 hours before hitting some problem, but thanks to DAs resume facility I'll try and do the rest tonight. From what I have seen of the game so far the effort is worth it. Many congrats and thanks to Matrix for their fantastic efforts... I'm looking forward to their other forthcoming releases too ... the Napoleonic game's maps look great! I only wish that the phone charge $ I have to pay BT went to Matrix instead. Best regards Bob

(in reply to Rhone)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Smaller D/L Files! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI