Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Copies of AWD sold?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Copies of AWD sold? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Copies of AWD sold? - 1/14/2008 1:31:49 AM   
Lucky1

While I am not sure this information would be released by Matrix, I am wondering how many copies of AWD have been sold? I think it is the best high level WWII strategy game in a long time, if not best ever, and am curious to so how it has fared and continues to fare.
Post #: 1
RE: Copies of AWD sold? - 1/14/2008 1:51:41 AM   
MrQuiet

I would agree that AWD is the best PBEM Global WWII Grand Strat Game I have seen anywhere.
But, by the traffic in the forrum I am guessing the rest of the world does not share my oppinion or does not care about PBEM WWII grand strat.

(in reply to Lucky1)
Post #: 2
RE: Copies of AWD sold? - 1/14/2008 2:46:09 AM   
Lucky1

True enough, this genre of game does not offer the immediacy (i.e., must be able to wait) required in the ADD world. Similarly, I doubt that it would appeal overmuch to those who have no interest / knowledge of 20th century history (i.e., the unfortunate preponderance of the population). However, among the elan of gamers (hehe, I can be snobby) I am curious how AWD has fared.

(in reply to MrQuiet)
Post #: 3
RE: Copies of AWD sold? - 1/14/2008 10:17:00 AM   
GKar

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrQuiet

I would agree that AWD is the best PBEM Global WWII Grand Strat Game I have seen anywhere.
But, by the traffic in the forrum I am guessing the rest of the world does not share my oppinion or does not care about PBEM WWII grand strat.

I agree on both accounts.

(in reply to MrQuiet)
Post #: 4
RE: Copies of AWD sold? - 2/10/2008 5:02:34 AM   
BoerWar

I wonder if Matrix tried putting this (or any other game) in AAFES or Navy/Marine Corps Exchange. I think there are some guys who'd give it a try if they saw it. It's been a while since I looked, but I don't remember ever seeing a Matrix game at AAFES.

(in reply to GKar)
Post #: 5
RE: Copies of AWD sold? - 2/10/2008 10:13:38 AM   
christian brown

I got into WaW thanks to a retail sale at an AAFES........... : )
There must be a ton of guys on bases that would love to try AWD.......

"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to BoerWar)
Post #: 6
RE: Copies of AWD sold? - 2/10/2008 1:03:41 PM   
GKar

quote:

ORIGINAL: BoerWar

I wonder if Matrix tried putting this (or any other game) in AAFES or Navy/Marine Corps Exchange.

Sounds like a good idea. It's a niche market after all.

(in reply to BoerWar)
Post #: 7
RE: Copies of AWD sold? - 4/12/2008 7:02:51 PM   
wargameplayer

It is a niche but I would agree it probably is the very best game in its niche. With the PBEM it is amazing fun. I have a difficult time even getting my friends to play it -- they think it looks too complicated.

It's kind of ironic, when I try and play PS3 I find the controlls confusing and problematic and overly complicated, but I can play games like this and Paradox games much more easily.

I think this is the best game Matrix has and I hopoe they find a way to remarket it somehow as there are probably a lot of people that would love to play.

< Message edited by wargameplayer -- 4/12/2008 7:03:56 PM >

(in reply to GKar)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Copies of AWD sold? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI