Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) - 2/11/2008 8:38:25 PM   
David Winter

Greetings.

Just a quick update on v2.2. Matrix and I have targeted a release date for version 2.2 but at this time we're going to keep that under our hats until we're closer to the release. As we've seen in the past, giving a date or even hinting at a date has caused confusion if that date gets missed (for whatever reason). So as policy I no longer give dates or hints of dates for update releases. I hope you understand.

That said, version 2.2 has progressed from being a simple patch to a sizable update. New features & enhancements as well as many bug fixes. At the end of the post is a list of things to be expected in v2.2

But before that, I want to say something that isn't said enough, and that's 'thank you'.

I'd like to thank you for your support of Maximum-Football. Your passion for this game is what drives it. It's what has changed Maximum-Football from being the 'simple video game' of my original vision, to a game that is on its way to becoming simply the best in its class. No other game offers what Maximum-Football offers and while I've done the coding, it's been you, the gamer, that has driven the progress.

Yes, there will always be naysayers, and those that think we should all just pack our bags and give up. However recent discussions regarding the M2M coverage and Remote League files shows that there is a solid community working together here to create a better game. The naysayers are being proven wrong.

So again. Thank you to everyone for their support in the past, and future, of Maximum-Football.

David Winter

Version 2.2 Overview of Changes - Nost listed in any particular order. (subject to change)

Enhancements and Changes.
- The Player Data screen now shows the Skill values for maximum and injured. If a player is rated at his full skill the skill value is shown in green. If a player has an injury that is effecting a particular skill, the skill is shown with the maximum in yellow, and the actual in red.
- Improved weather graphical effects.
- Some minor sound improvements.
- Play Book Situations have an additional option in the Distance From Goal settings.
- Adjusted the under coverage of M2M cover to place the defender between the target and the ball rather than the target and the LOS.
- When using the 'Save As' function on a play group, you're now presented the option to also transfer the group plays into the newly created play group.
- Changed the labels on the play group for YTG to be a bit more clear.
- Adjusted the amount skills decline as players age.
- Adjusted the odds of a player retiring after only 1 or 2 years in a league. It can still happen that a player plays one or maybe two seasons and retires, but it's less likely now than previously.
- Reorganized the league screens moving the league structure screen to the Edit League screen.
- Added Draft History screen.
- It's now possible to view stats for players, teams, and the whole league on a season by season basis.
- A variety of new stat items tracked. The statistical categories have been reorganized.
- Individual Player Stats pages now show stats per season and Career Totals.
- It's now possible to view a player directly from the league stats screen without having to find that player on a team.
- When adding plays to your play groups you now have the option to show only plays currently in your playbook or all plays on disk.
- Playbooks now have an additional parameter to store the half. So you can now specify a play group to be applicable to the first, or second, or either half. Either is the default. (Playbooks are upgraded automatically upon use.)
- Playbooks now allow for selecting multiple plays to add to the playbook.
- The training camp view of the team screen now loads a little bit faster.
- Added an option to clear rosters when resetting a league. If this is left unchecked only league and player statistics will be wiped out. Teams will retain their rosters and the league will be at the start of Season 1. If you reset the league with this option checked, then the league will be in a season 0 state.
- You can now import multiple exported playbooks into one playbook.
- US Amateur fields now record sacks using the same method as the US Pro field.
- Time outs for sudden death games using a US Pro field are now reduced by 1 (unless there is only 1 time out in the league rules).
- Added a new layer of play calling AI. If a specific play book situation is found, then the game will still use the settings in that situation first. However if no play situation is found it now has an extra layer of AI to provide better play calling based on the game situation.

Bug Fixes.
- Changed some of the team news generation so that the contents of the news would not cause problems for the Remote In process.
- Fixed the Fumbles Lost stat that would double record for each fumble lost. You could end up with more fumbles lost than fumbles made.
- Defensive penalties should no longer reflect on the rushing and passing yardage stats.
- Fixed typo on the player bio.
- Fixed a bug with drafts that could potentially have a player drafted twice across two seasons if a drafted player was released in training camp.
- Fixed a problem with the M2M Line up process that could see a defender line up on a QB if the QB's target skill was higher than a receiver.
- Faked Punts and Field Goals now properly process the yardage gained on both runs and passing plays.
- When attempting to load a play into a playbook, the Player Count drop down list is properly disabled. As it's not possible to import a play that doesn't match the play book design, there is no reason to allow that selection.
- Fixed a bug with the loading of training camp settings. Previously saved training camp settings now load back properly into the screen.
- Corrected a play book bug that would show a blank play in a playgroup if that play had been deleted from disk outside of the game editors.
- Fixed a problem with setting team locations to West Cost in the core game, then trying to load them in the utilities.
- Playbooks now properly export the play group profiles. You are now given an option to load the play group profiles on import.
- The free kick after a safety is now taken from the correct yard line.
- Game logs now properly process to the end of the game. Previously, the log would end with the change of possession prior to the last possession of the game.
- Corrected a problem with AI depth chart sorting.
- Corrected the following Canadian timing rules;
----- When using a Canadian field, the game clock now properly runs during a PAT attempt except after the minute warning.
----- The game clock now properly starts when the play clock starts after a punt return prior to the <n> minute warning.
----- The game clock now properly starts when the play clock starts after a kick off return prior to the <n> minute warning.

Quick Simulation Feature Specific Improvements
- Added some additional constant settings for the simgame. This allows for having a normal range of yard distances as well as an exception range of yard distances.
Post #: 1
RE: Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) - 2/11/2008 8:44:10 PM   
hack153

sounds great!  can't wait to upgrade!  thanks again david!

UPFL is in the off season...
United Premier Football League

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 2
RE: Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) - 2/11/2008 9:23:10 PM   
red07

David,

Great work and it's very much appreciated.

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 3
RE: Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) - 2/11/2008 10:15:23 PM   
SmilinJack

Great!

When can we expect this update?

Just kidding...

Jay

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 4
RE: Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) - 2/11/2008 10:29:37 PM   
Deft

These are my top four items coming.. Can't wait!

- When using the 'Save As' function on a play group, you're now presented the option to also transfer the group plays into the newly created play group.
- When adding plays to your play groups you now have the option to show only plays currently in your playbook or all plays on disk.
- Playbooks now have an additional parameter to store the half. So you can now specify a play group to be applicable to the first, or second, or either half. Either is the default. (Playbooks are upgraded automatically upon use.)
- Playbooks now allow for selecting multiple plays to add to the playbook.

(in reply to SmilinJack)
Post #: 5
RE: Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) - 2/11/2008 10:35:52 PM   
Bobolini

Sounds great David, we truly do appreciate that you take such a passionate interest in what issues we have and also for listening and responding. You, Marauders, and Gary Sorrell have been outstanding and this game needs to survive as it provides a niche in the market for us "custom" type people. Thanks guys.....

(in reply to Deft)
Post #: 6
RE: Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) - 2/11/2008 11:41:12 PM   
MSO94

I can't say i found this one.
When quick simming a game will the scores be more real. (Instead of an indoor game 21-14)

Thats what i would like to see

but anyways screw that guy that was bitching at you Dave Your doing an mind blowing job on this

(in reply to Bobolini)
Post #: 7
RE: Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) - 2/12/2008 12:57:40 AM   
Marauders

quote:

When quick simming a game will the scores be more real. (Instead of an indoor game 21-14)

There has been a small change to the sim game that should help here.

I have been able to get really low scoring games and really high scoring games.  It really depends on how you want it to go.

(in reply to MSO94)
Post #: 8
RE: Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) - 2/12/2008 1:41:34 AM   
David Winter

Are you using the stock indoor league? If so, I'd think the reason the scores are low is because the league is set to 5 minute quarters. Upping the length of the quarters might help.

thanks
David 

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 9
RE: Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) - 2/12/2008 4:30:27 AM   
Saedor

Just wanted to add... Those that complain about the time it takes for upgrades should remember that any upgrades are essentially 'free' add-ons. When you bought the game you paid for it as it was at that time. As such, you aren't really entitled to whine about slow updates.

Play the game as it is now and enjoy it. When the update comes out, be thankful that there IS an update at all (how many games have you seen that NEVER get updated?), download it and have even more fun. :)

Post #: 10
RE: Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) - 2/12/2008 5:18:26 AM   
MSO94

No I have a custom league with 12 min Quarters

but most of the games are low
Not a major problem it would just be nice in the future

(in reply to Saedor)
Post #: 11
RE: Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) - 2/12/2008 6:46:01 AM   
redwolf1

Wow, tremendous looking update patch! Thanks for keeping us abreast and thanks for your continued dedication, David (and to the beta testers too!).

Post #: 12
RE: Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) - 2/12/2008 9:35:07 AM   
DreamTeams

Sounds fantastic. Really looking forward to all the playbook updates and additions. Keep up the super work.

(in reply to redwolf1)
Post #: 13
RE: Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) - 2/12/2008 8:36:28 PM   
therhino

Sounds Great! I can't wait to make profiles with the first and second half options.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 14
RE: Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) - 2/13/2008 5:10:36 PM   
long_time_fan

Hi Dave,
One dumb question.  Will this patch allow for these features (such as season-by-season stats, career stats, etc...) on existing leagues, or will I have to start a new league?
Regards,
Long Time Fan

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 15
RE: Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) - 2/14/2008 10:41:20 PM   
David Winter

You won't need to create new leagues, but you will need to reset existing ones so that the stats are in the new format. Resetting a league no longer means you lose your rosters, so rosters and depth charts remain. But v2.2 has a very different format for storing stat data (and there is more of it) and that format can't be loaded into v2.1 or earlier.

thanks
David

(in reply to long_time_fan)
Post #: 16
RE: Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) - 2/15/2008 7:38:38 AM   
Birddogg

now thats an update list! thanks David!

< Message edited by Birddogg -- 2/15/2008 7:41:37 AM >

Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Version 2.2 Update (Feb 11, 08) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI