Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

V4 Bugs? Steel.prf, dupe files

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> V4 Bugs? Steel.prf, dupe files Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
V4 Bugs? Steel.prf, dupe files - 9/20/2000 10:43:00 PM   
Al Boone

I started a v4 campaign, G vs R 6/41. Near end of first battle or begin 2nd battle, I started getting diminished battle sounds. Also, OP fire could only be initiated with space bar or else I had wait for time to expire, instead of Y or N keys, which did not respond (some sort of overflow?). Also got screen striping glitch. On exit the SSI logo seems to hang. I checked the game folders and found Steel.prf icon in save folder. I eliminated this and started playing again from a reboot. Same problems occurred. I checked save folder and found the Steel.prf icon back. I eliminated it again, started and it was back again. I renamed the existing Matrix folder and completely reloaded WAW thru the EZ Gamer CD thru v2.3. I then applied the downloaded v4 patch and started again. After selecting cmpn troops, I looked in save folder and again found Steel.prf again. Looking thru the game folders, I have found 2 ibm folders. I think that one should be eliminated, but which? I don't seem to be able to eliminate the Steel.prf file. I don't seem to have any other problem nested folders and vid988.smk is in the sound folder. I love this game better than any other in my 40 years of gaming, but I guess I can't solve the sound, Op fire,etc problems. Very frustrating. Do I have to wait for a game mag release of the full version? I would gladly pay $100 for a good copy from Matrix and $50 a year for continued upgrading. I hope my problem is not unique and I am not wasting your valuable time.

Post #: 1
- 9/20/2000 11:02:00 PM   
von Bult

quote:

Originally posted by Al Boone: Looking thru the game folders, I have found 2 ibm folders. I think that one should be eliminated, but which?
DO NOT DELETE ibm folders. One is IBM the other is LBM! They are different folders.

(in reply to Al Boone)
Post #: 2
- 9/20/2000 11:24:00 PM   
Wild Bill

The steel.prf file contains the preferences you set for the game. The game makes one if one is not there each time you start the game. If you remove it, as soon as you start the game again, it makes a new one. So it will always comes back. The reason we occasionally delete it is because it can become corrupted with the many changes that can be made in the preference option. I'm guessing. Did you install the upgrade over an existing version? What I recommend is a download of the entire game, a removal of what you have now and a fresh installation of the entire game. That means, of course, you'll have to download that big game file, but I think by so doing you will eliminate your problems. And since you love the game as much as I, that would make it worth it for me. In fact, I downloaded the full game just as many of you did, even though I had the game anyway. I wanted a fresh install instead of patches on top of patches. I hope you will consider this. I think it might resolve these difficulties, Al. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Al Boone)
Post #: 3
- 9/21/2000 7:03:00 PM   
renwor

Awwwwww and I thought I am rare species of fool downloading 350Megs again, when 150Megs should do the job as well ))) Maybe I am rare, but not the only one. I am happy!!! er ... in fact, I downloaded both (sorry to Matrix ISP :{ ) that makes me a bit rarer, doesn't it? Renwor, the SPWaW addict

(in reply to Al Boone)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> V4 Bugs? Steel.prf, dupe files Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI