Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Setup Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> The War Room >> Setup Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Setup Question - 2/13/2008 11:06:05 PM   
6971grunt

Recently obtain Empire and am trying to get a feel for the game by playing one country, then another - sequentially.

However, on my first try with Austria I can't seem to place my "Insurrection Corps" any where within Austria and "it" won't let me exit the "setup phase" of the game. It has been years since I played the board game and know that these Corps are generally deployed on the Turkish border. The rules are not clear about this and I get the following message in red "add or remove unit".

Now, I've either placed some unit where is not to be or the Insurrection Corps should be there, but in either event I can't get out of the setup phase even if I didn't want to place these units.

Any hints?

"Over?! It's not over until we say it's over. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!" John Blutarsky from the Movie "Animal House"
Post #: 1
RE: Setup Question - 2/13/2008 11:10:01 PM   
gwheelock

You shouldn't be setting up the Insurrection corp in the setup phase.
They appear when someone INVADES certain provences on the eastern
side of Austria.   They can sort of pop up "behind enemy lines" to cut
supply & generally cause the Turks or the Russians problems.

(in reply to 6971grunt)
Post #: 2
RE: Setup Question - 2/13/2008 11:13:32 PM   
ndrose

If the game isn't letting you out of setup, there's something you haven't placed--factors, not units. In general, you don't have to place any particular unit (whether corps, garrison, or fleet), but in setup you do have to place all your factors in some unit. If you have 10 factors to place, you can put one each in 10 corps, or all 10 in one corps, or anything in between.

The one thing you can't place at setup, though, is an insurrection corps. Insurrection corps just appear spontaneously (they're insurrections!) when certain home nation provinces are invaded.

See Murat's tutorial thread in this forum for a detailed walkthrough of setup and other matters.

Nathan Rose

(in reply to 6971grunt)
Post #: 3
RE: Setup Question - 2/13/2008 11:23:05 PM   
6971grunt

quote:

ORIGINAL: ndrose

If the game isn't letting you out of setup, there's something you haven't placed--factors, not units. In general, you don't have to place any particular unit (whether corps, garrison, or fleet), but in setup you do have to place all your factors in some unit. If you have 10 factors to place, you can put one each in 10 corps, or all 10 in one corps, or anything in between.

The one thing you can't place at setup, though, is an insurrection corps. Insurrection corps just appear spontaneously (they're insurrections!) when certain home nation provinces are invaded.

See Murat's tutorial thread in this forum for a detailed walkthrough of setup and other matters.

Nathan Rose

Thanks guys - I knew these Corps had a special purpose, but not having played the game for so long - memory isn't what it use to be.....will read Murat's thread.......

"Over?! It's not over until we say it's over. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!" John Blutarsky from the Movie "Animal House"

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> The War Room >> Setup Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI