Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

We're happy to see BOB2 on Matrix

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory >> We're happy to see BOB2 on Matrix Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
We're happy to see BOB2 on Matrix - 2/14/2008 4:49:22 AM   
Scott_Shockwave

We are the developers of Battle of Britain II, and it's great to see this title at Matrix with it's strategy gaming following. BOB2 is a perfect mix of the best of both worlds - we're quite proud of this game.

There is so much to this simulation - it's a huge, living world that you are just a single part of.

Here is a little dairy of the first 5 missions in a campaign. It gives you a glimps into the depth of the dynamic campaign engine:
http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5859

Every structure you see below is tracked in the game's database. Radar sites are networked, production and assembly plants create aircraft, and airfields operate based on their various conditions. You can literally execute a master plan and micro manage it down to the aircraft, or you can let your generals manage the war. When you get into the 3D part of the game the AI, FM, and environment take over. The world goes from total silence for a long time to complete chaos, then back to silence.

We continue to try to make the Merlin engine (the game engine that BOB2 is built on) better. The Merlin engine is not something you can take lightly when working on it - it's over 800,000 lines of code.

Anyway, there is far more to Merlin and our community than I can write about here. We're just happy to be introduced to a new group of strategy gamers.

Scott
Post #: 1
RE: We're happy to see BOB2 on Matrix - 2/14/2008 11:53:00 AM   
Marc von Martial

Hey Scott, welcome to the forums.

(in reply to Scott_Shockwave)
Post #: 2
RE: We're happy to see BOB2 on Matrix - 2/15/2008 2:02:44 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Glad your here.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

Hey Scott, welcome to the forums.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 3
RE: We're happy to see BOB2 on Matrix - 2/15/2008 2:47:13 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hey Scott, welcome aboard!

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 4
RE: We're happy to see BOB2 on Matrix - 2/20/2008 1:19:11 AM   
Vladd

Well, this publicity finally made me go out and buy a copy here in the UK. As an AH and IL2 vet (who never quite got around to BoB2) my first impressions of this are that it's excellent immersive fun with proper AI (way better than the useless equivalent in IL2) and combat on the massive scale it needs to be. You boys have done a great job Scott...

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: We're happy to see BOB2 on Matrix - 2/28/2008 9:59:33 AM   
jjb17463rd

Wow Scott it is great seeing you here.I am glad that you and Matrix got together.
What a surprise.I've been buying simulations from Shockwave productions all the way back in early 2004.

(in reply to Vladd)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory >> We're happy to see BOB2 on Matrix Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI