Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to install a downloaded scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> How to install a downloaded scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to install a downloaded scenario - 9/21/2000 3:02:00 AM   
von Bult

SCENARIO INSTALLATION Scenario files always go in the SPWaW/Scen folder (the scenario folder). The downloaded zip file usually contains 3 files; Scenxxx.dat, Scenxxx.cmt, and Scenxxx.txt. Some authors may include additional reference files with their scenarios. All the new files will be moved to the scenario folder. STEP 1: Unzip your new scenario *.zip file onto the desktop or in some temporary folder. STEP 2: Check the SPWaW/Scen folder for files with the same name. If your new scenario filenames are UNUSED, its OK to move them to the SPWaW/Scen folder. Go to Step 5. STEP 3: If the slot for Scenxxx is already taken (ie, there are files already named Scenxxx.*) it may be an updated version of an existing scenario. Open the scenario's *.cmt file with a text viewer and see if it contains the same text as your downloaded *.cmt file. If both *.cmt files are the same then its an upgrade; move the updated scenario files to the SPWaW/Scen folder and overwrite the existing files. Go to Step 5. STEP 4: If the slot for Scenxxx is already taken and the *.cmt files are NOT the same then RENAME the new scenario files (.dat, .cmt, .txt) any other UNUSED name. The slot was already taken by another scenario, it can happen. Once you've renamed the new scenario files its safe to move them to the SPWaW/Scen folder. STEP 5: You're done.

Post #: 1
- 9/21/2000 5:00:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Very well stated, von Bult. And as more scenarios become available, this is the best way to handle them. One clarification. If a wav file comes in a campaign download, it should also go into the campaigns directory. That is the only way the game will use it. This is an exception to the general rule that other wav files go into the wav subdirectory. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games [This message has been edited by Wild Bill (edited September 20, 2000).]

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to von Bult)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> How to install a downloaded scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI