Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Playback without units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Playback without units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playback without units - 2/15/2008 3:15:31 PM   
Heldenkaiser

I have had three playbacks without visible units now (except the unit currently moving). When I get to my own move, the units are set to invisible, I can set them back to visible and they're there, but the replay is of little value this way. Any ideas? Thanks.

< Message edited by Heldenkaiser -- 2/15/2008 4:49:37 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Playback without units - 2/15/2008 5:02:39 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Heldenkaiser

I have had three playbacks without visible units now (except the unit currently moving). When I get to my own move, the units are set to invisible, I can set them back to visible and they're there, but the replay is of little value this way. Any ideas? Thanks.

Tell you opponent that if he continues to be a dork and leaves the units toggled to invisible, then you will feel free to reload the game...

Before you do that though, check to make sure that YOU are not leaving your game with units invisible when you close out turns that you play, prior to starting the PBEM game(s) that you're having problems with. Load the game, fire up a dummy scenario, confirm that units are set to visible, then exit TOAW III to make sure the option is set. Then restart TOAW III and play your PBEM game.

(in reply to Heldenkaiser)
Post #: 2
RE: Playback without units - 2/15/2008 8:53:43 PM   
Heldenkaiser

Thanks! I will observe this some more, but I usually don't play with invisible units, hence I should be surprised if I should close the game with units invisible. Besides, this has not happened before to me in nearly two years of TOAW, and since yesterday it has happened every time ... so maybe there is still something wrong somewhere?

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 3
RE: Playback without units - 2/15/2008 9:11:01 PM   
JAMiAM

Maybe you were reading the Tips and Tricks thread, and decided to check out the right-click, back toggle feature for the unit visibility/crop circles? Then, neglected to set it back to visible, before you exited the game? Or, maybe, you accidentally hit the I key doing the same thing? Let me know, if you figure it out.

Post #: 4
RE: Playback without units - 2/15/2008 10:04:57 PM   
Heldenkaiser

Thanks again, Jamiam. No, it started happening yesterday and I am reasonably confident I didn't turn unit visibility off, and I am quite certain I did not do it every time I played. But I am getting the invisible units playback each time I open a PBEM turn. Started yesterday and hasn't stopped since then.

Well, I will watch some more and report back. Meanwhile, if I cancel the playback to restore unit visibility and then play it again, will that trigger a cheat report for my opponents? Thanks!

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 5
RE: Playback without units - 2/15/2008 10:20:48 PM   
Nemo69

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM
Tell you opponent that if he continues to be a dork and leaves the units toggled to invisible, then you will feel free to reload the game...

I certainly hope I'm not the dork in question
While I often play with the I keyboard shortcut to ascertain overlapping artillery support zones, I'm pretty confident I never leave the setting on invisible.

Fais ce que dois

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 6
RE: Playback without units - 2/15/2008 10:31:31 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

Well, I will watch some more and report back. Meanwhile, if I cancel the playback to restore unit visibility and then play it again, will that trigger a cheat report for my opponents? Thanks!

Yes, it will, but we'll just blame Marc...

Post #: 7
RE: Playback without units - 2/15/2008 10:34:25 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo69

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

I certainly hope I'm not the dork in question
While I often play with the I keyboard shortcut to ascertain overlapping artillery support zones, I'm pretty confident I never leave the setting on invisible.

You could plead The Fifth. Me, I'll just plead for a fifth...

I've done it once or twice, and it's happened to me, as well. No big problem as long as your opponent is made aware of his error, and your need to reload - whether that need was self-inflicted or not.

(in reply to Nemo69)
Post #: 8
RE: Playback without units - 2/15/2008 10:47:47 PM   
Nemo69

Lol James. I'll consider that a Miranda warning of sorts then

Fais ce que dois

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 9
RE: Playback without units - 2/16/2008 12:38:53 AM   
Heldenkaiser

It happens to me with several different opponents. Whatever is the source of the problem, it's most definitely on my side.

Well, we shall see. Maybe tomorrow I wake up and it's just gone away.

(in reply to Nemo69)
Post #: 10
RE: Playback without units - 2/17/2008 11:46:02 PM   
Heldenkaiser

Well, I didn't experience this odd thing today. Maybe it has gone away again.

Post #: 11
RE: Playback without units - 2/18/2008 12:06:57 AM   
ColinWright

quote:

Well, I didn't experience this odd thing today. Maybe it has gone away again.

Notice that the moon is now full. Coincidence?

I am not Charlie Hebdo

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Playback without units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI