Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

expanding roster size

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> expanding roster size Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
expanding roster size - 1/18/2008 11:57:20 PM   
junglejack

I started a league with a roster size of 35. 25 in the majors, and ten in the minors.
Is it possible to expand the size of your minor leagues?
I'm not finding that option.
Post #: 1
RE: expanding roster size - 1/19/2008 3:45:37 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

junglejack,

I had that exact problem too with a real-time, real-player association. Puresim itself does not have a function for this, but you can do what I did; use CrashDavis' utility program to expand the rosters. It's ridiculously easy to use, with the only warning being that you should only increase the roster during the offseason and before free agent signing.

The reason being that if you do it mid-season, then when the game attempts to advance to the next day and finds that teams are short x-number of players, it will have them start signing free agents. Mid-season, it will do this in team alphabetical order, but not sequential. In other words, the alphabetically first team will sign all the players they need to fill their roster, THEN the next team will repeat the process, then the next team, then the next and the next. This is a huge problem because by the time you get to the 5th or 8th or 10th team, all the free agents worth a damn have been swallowed up, and the other teams will be left with scrubs- not all that fair of a situation.

If you do it during the free agent signing period, everyone will have a fair shot to increase their rosters.

This utility, as well as many other useful ones, are available here.

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to junglejack)
Post #: 2
RE: expanding roster size - 1/20/2008 2:14:15 AM   
junglejack

Frozen - thanks for the tip.
I assume that the add-in I'm suppose to use is the PS_CONFIG utility.

I will be trying it out next season - in lieu of your warning.

(in reply to junglejack)
Post #: 3
RE: expanding roster size - 1/20/2008 11:00:17 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

Yes, that is the correct one.

Let me know how it worked out!

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to junglejack)
Post #: 4
RE: expanding roster size - 2/23/2008 5:17:43 AM   
junglejack

well... I got my roster the size I want it... but now my game locks up in my new season.

It happened the first time at the end of the April schedule - it wouldn't advance to May AND it wouldn't let me close out and reboot it. I had to shut off my CPU and reboot the whole thing.

Now it happens after almost every game. After I sim through the other games for the day, I no longer have any options popping up on the left side of the screen. It just keeps scrolling through the league/team leaders in stats.

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 5
RE: expanding roster size - 2/23/2008 6:01:10 AM   
motnahp

I've had this happen before and it related to a team or teams with either invalid roster size or an invalid lineup or rotation.

Check every team for proper roster size and make sure that you have someone in each slot in the batting order. Then make sure you have every rotation slot filled (4 or 5 depending on the team's choice). If you chose "modern closer" when you set up the association, you must also have someone in the closer spot for every team.

One way to do this quicker is to go to each team's roster page and select "Auto Adjust Rosters" in the upper left-hand corner. This will put players in all of the required slots.

(in reply to junglejack)
Post #: 6
RE: expanding roster size - 2/23/2008 4:28:15 PM   
junglejack

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's still locking up after every day in the schedule.

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> expanding roster size Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI