Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

download vs. physical copy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory >> download vs. physical copy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
download vs. physical copy - 2/19/2008 2:28:40 AM   
augustus

I'm just considering which of these options to choose. How large is the download file from matrix? And what version is it? There's a 2.07 patch out, i'm just wondering if that's been integrated in the download version.

Moderators: Please move this to the regular forum for BOBII, I accidentally put it here. Sorry.

< Message edited by augustus -- 2/19/2008 2:32:04 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: download vs. physical copy - 2/19/2008 6:15:56 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: augustus
I'm just considering which of these options to choose. How large is the download file from matrix? And what version is it? There's a 2.07 patch out, i'm just wondering if that's been integrated in the download version.
Moderators: Please move this to the regular forum for BOBII, I accidentally put it here. Sorry.

You can always choose both (physical plus download) that way you can download now and get the boxed copy for permanent storage. The version on the CD is 2.06, which is the last official update, but 2.07 should work fine with it if you want to download and update to that.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to augustus)
Post #: 2
RE: download vs. physical copy - 2/26/2008 12:23:53 AM   
buddye

I am with the BOBII BDG (Bob Development Group) and I want to encourage everyone to come to the Shockwave forum and at least read the Sticky Threads and download and install 2.07. The 2.07 is the support version which is our current baseline and it has many fixes and new features over the 2.06 version. Your User Manual is in You BOBII folder in the Docs folder and you will have updates on 2.07.

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9303

The key description Manual is here (over 100 keys).

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8331

The Sim has many options and features that can be used in the BDG.txt which is appendix A of the Users Manual.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: download vs. physical copy - 2/26/2008 1:16:18 AM   
Scott_Shockwave

Yes, 2.06 is technically the last official patch but 2.07 is fully approved and supported.

Scott

(in reply to buddye)
Post #: 4
RE: download vs. physical copy - 2/26/2008 2:09:44 AM   
buddye

quote:

ORIGINAL: augustus

All of our patches (2.04-2.07) are all bulit, integrated, tested off the previous basline. So 2.07 was bulit , integrated, and tested off the 2.06 base. We are currently working on 2.08 and we are using the 2.07 as the base.

If you purchase the 2.06 version from Matrix (which is fine) you can rest assured that the 2.07 patch will install, and it is fully intregrated and tested and that each BOBII customer is doing the same no matter which version they purchased.

(in reply to augustus)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory >> download vs. physical copy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI