Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? - 2/26/2008 6:52:21 AM   
KG Erwin

For me, it's to expand the historical replay rosters from 35 to 40 or 50, dependant on player availability. This might force usage of the "early entry" feature, but so be it. If fictionals must be employed, then they must be useless scrubs. Make ALL of the fictional scrubs' ratings "1" in every category, with no capability to improve, so they can be replaced by real players in successive years.

Post #: 1
RE: The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? - 2/26/2008 7:17:15 AM   
Nukester

Id say the ability to turn on/off financials at will. Or even better, keep financials on without having free agency, or at least something that can halfway simulate the reserve clause.

< Message edited by Nukester -- 2/26/2008 7:18:36 AM >

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
RE: The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? - 2/26/2008 11:55:12 PM   
modred

pluggable AI.

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 3
RE: The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? - 2/27/2008 12:40:47 AM   
renojedi

A true expansion mode where the player can become own the expansion team from start to finish. Of course, there may have to be two to balance things out but as long as the player can control one, that is fine.

I would like to pick a team, its city, league, etc. And then have an actual expansion draft from existing players on the other teams as it happens in real life with a series of rounds where you and the CPU team pick players. Then I would like to add that team to the league without having to delete an existing team.

I twould be great to grow a team from scratch and see how they progess over the years.

And I would like to do this with the current association (2007?).

(in reply to modred)
Post #: 4
RE: The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? - 2/27/2008 1:42:02 AM   
dneely

The built in ability to re-play the beginnings of baseball with reasonably accurate results, stats, player usage such as limited starting pitchers, like 2-3 main starters and no closer. At least from 1901 on.

DNeely

PureSim Vet

(in reply to renojedi)
Post #: 5
RE: The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? - 2/27/2008 5:13:17 AM   
GNDN

A bullpen to add that next strategic level to the game.

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues....

(in reply to dneely)
Post #: 6
RE: The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? - 2/27/2008 3:12:51 PM   
RedArgo

More realistic financials for young players like signing bonuses, low initial contracts, arbitration.

(in reply to GNDN)
Post #: 7
RE: The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? - 2/27/2008 7:43:51 PM   
Fanshawe40

The ability to save games in progress.

(in reply to RedArgo)
Post #: 8
RE: The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? - 2/27/2008 8:36:05 PM   
Bustoff

Expanded offense and defense options, i.e. pick-off throws to first, squeeze bunts, double steals and triple plays.

"I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation." -- Satchel Paige

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 9
RE: The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? - 2/27/2008 9:42:27 PM   
Wrathchild

I'd like to see my pet peeve disappear: the changing count on the batter, which often times doesn't make sense, and has cost me many runs. 

Here's an example of something completely illogical that I've seen:

0-2 count on the batter with a runner on 1st.
Runner steals 2nd (text says Strike 1)
Count still says 0-2 with a runner on 2nd. how does the runner steal without a pitch being thrown?
Runner now steals 3rd (text says Strike 1)
Count now says 3-1. I've lost one strike and gained 3 balls all with one pitch. Inevitably, the batter now ends up walking or hitting the runner on 3rd in.

J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)

(in reply to Bustoff)
Post #: 10
RE: The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? - 2/28/2008 7:21:43 AM   
motnahp

For real-player leagues, a method of comparing real-life at-bats/innings pitched to a PS season's real-life at-bats/innings pitcher. Example:

J.R. Richard is pitching in your association and the association's year is 1980. In real-life, Richard suffered a stroke 1980 mid-season and never pitched again. In the PS association, once Richard reaches his actual innings pitched, his ratings should decline sharply, or his chance of injury should greatly increase (or both). This would apply to batters with at-bats, also.

This must be optional, of course. I would still want the ability to allow Richard to play out a full career and see "what-if".

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 11
RE: The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? - 3/18/2008 7:02:35 AM   
KG Erwin

Bump. I hope you guys are serious about these requests. All of these would require some major codework.

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 12
RE: The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? - 3/18/2008 3:17:30 PM   
LetsPlay2

Posted in the first thread, but would like a patch to include the new Lahman DB. That would satisfy me ! 

LP2

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 13
RE: The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? - 3/19/2008 1:19:24 AM   
yazfan

How about the ability to include draft picks or cash in deals?

(in reply to LetsPlay2)
Post #: 14
RE: The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? - 3/20/2008 12:02:50 AM   
motnahp

Would love the ability to import a random player from the Lahman dB, with filters similar to the ones already employed in the program.

Looking into my crystal ball, I see.......

I need a catcher who played between 1960-1980, bats lefthanded, PH of >50. Click. I see a list from which to choose.

I need to import 350 random players, from the years 1946-1960, no duplicates. I need to randomly assign them to each of the 10 teams in my assn. Click. Wait awhile. Done.

I need a Pittsburgh Pirate starting pitcher, 2004-2007, right handed, ST of >75 and VEL of >75. Click. Crash. Error Message. Never mind that one. You get the idea.

Sorry, that was a bit mean. These ideas are from the same sleep-deprived brain that has actually considered forming teams made up of: (1) Players whose last names end with "z", or (2) Players whose last names are the same as the names of U.S. Presidents or world leaders, or (3) Players whose last names are the same as celebrities, musicians, etc.

If only I were a programmer.

< Message edited by motnahp -- 3/20/2008 12:15:01 AM >

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 15
RE: The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? - 3/20/2008 8:16:38 PM   
Bustoff

quote:

ORIGINAL: motnahp

These ideas are from the same sleep-deprived brain that has actually considered forming teams made up of: (1) Players whose last names end with "z", or (2) Players whose last names are the same as the names of U.S. Presidents or world leaders, or (3) Players whose last names are the same as celebrities, musicians, etc.

I have, on various occasions, fielded an "all-Smith" association, and an "all-Bill" association, with all players having the appropriate first or last name. I've also used the Edit Bio feature to assemble individual teams consisting of guys in my college dorm (Geez, that was 40 years ago!), dead rock stars, American presidents, and Looney Tunes characters. Often times with appropriate pictures.

I am having way too much fun with this game and/or there's something deeply, disturbingly wrong with me.

"I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation." -- Satchel Paige

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 16
RE: The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? - 3/30/2008 12:12:21 AM   
KG Erwin

Bump to the top.

(in reply to Bustoff)
Post #: 17
RE: The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? - 3/30/2008 3:29:54 PM   
Max 86

A way to import future lahman's databases without the need for Shaun's input or unusual software.

I hope I am not treading into "propriety information" territory.

No problem Chief!

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> The ONE Thing You Want From The Next PureSim? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI