Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Transfering between units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Transfering between units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Transfering between units - 3/3/2008 8:39:33 PM   
dulsin1

I have been frustrated looking for how to move strength points between units and I have come up with three different cases. Normaly I have come up with a work around of moving the factors into a city garison then from the garison to the new corps.

1. Moving calvery factors between two corps.

2. Consolidating fleets. I have two light fleets with less than 5 factors and need to get rid of one of the counters.

3. When garisoning a depot in a non-city region I could not move infantry factors from a corp to garrison or vice versa. But when the depot was in a city area I could. (BUG)
Post #: 1
RE: Transfering between units - 3/3/2008 10:11:22 PM   
Ted1066

Transfers can be done during the Reinforcement phase. The only stipulations are that the units must be in the same area for the transfer to take place. This means 1 and 2 in your post. As for 3, when you are within your own nations borders you can move factors around all you want (to corps/city garrison limits of course). What it sounds like you are describing is when you are outside your nation. In that case, to reinforce units/garrisons, a depot must be present OR the corps to be reinforced must be no more than one area from a depot.

Cheers,

Ted

(in reply to dulsin1)
Post #: 2
RE: Transfering between units - 3/3/2008 10:17:28 PM   
dulsin1

In #3 I had dropped 8 factors on a Depot in russia and when backing out I could not move the troops to a corps or disband the depot. I was trying to place a new corps down then move the factors from the depot to the corps.

On the russian wilderness while at war. During my Reinforcement phase.

If I tried this on a depot in a city region there was no problem.

So if I bring my two understrength fleets to a home port I can consolidate? During the naval phase or the reinforcement phase?

(in reply to Ted1066)
Post #: 3
RE: Transfering between units - 3/3/2008 11:00:16 PM   
Ted1066

quote:

ORIGINAL: dulsin1

In #3 I had dropped 8 factors on a Depot in russia and when backing out I could not move the troops to a corps or disband the depot. I was trying to place a new corps down then move the factors from the depot to the corps.

Who were you playing? I am presuming you were not Russia. If you've garrisoned a depot, you cannot remove the depot until the garrison is gone. To remove the garrison from the depot, you must have a corps in the same area as the depot and transfer the factors to the corps during a reinforcement phase. Again, all these transfers would take place during a reinforcement phase.

The only other time factors can be transfered to/from a corps is during a movement phase when you detach/absorb factors from a city garrison (but only to a city garrison). This can be a way around transferring factors between corps if those corps are not stacked together during the reinforcement phase. One corps can drop factors off in a city and then another corps can move into the city later in the movement phase to absorb those factors.

quote:

So if I bring my two understrength fleets to a home port I can consolidate? During the naval phase or the reinforcement phase?

This would be done during a reinforcement phase. I've not tried it myself, but you should be able to consolidate fleets anywhere, not just within a home nation port (e.g. at sea, in a blockade box, etc.). The only stipulation is, obviously, both fleets must be stacked together.

(in reply to dulsin1)
Post #: 4
RE: Transfering between units - 3/3/2008 11:43:24 PM   
Jimmer

Do you have the latest patch? There was a problem in this area that was fixed in the patch.

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to Ted1066)
Post #: 5
RE: Transfering between units - 3/4/2008 12:14:44 AM   
bresh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ted1066

quote:

ORIGINAL: dulsin1

Who were you playing? I am presuming you were not Russia. If you've garrisoned a depot, you cannot remove the depot until the garrison is gone. To remove the garrison from the depot, you must have a corps in the same area as the depot and transfer the factors to the corps during a reinforcement phase. Again, all these transfers would take place during a reinforcement phase.

The only other time factors can be transfered to/from a corps is during a movement phase when you detach/absorb factors from a city garrison (but only to a city garrison). This can be a way around transferring factors between corps if those corps are not stacked together during the reinforcement phase. One corps can drop factors off in a city and then another corps can move into the city later in the movement phase to absorb those factors.

quote:

This would be done during a reinforcement phase. I've not tried it myself, but you should be able to consolidate fleets anywhere, not just within a home nation port (e.g. at sea, in a blockade box, etc.). The only stipulation is, obviously, both fleets must be stacked together.

Acording to manual you can transfer factors from both Garrison and Depots during land move phase.
Think i done so to in games vs ai to. Though dont remember if i had to do anything special for it to work, but doubt it.

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to Ted1066)
Post #: 6
RE: Transfering between units - 3/4/2008 3:29:55 AM   
BruceSinger

You can only transfer factors to Depots during your MOVEMENT phase.  You can NOT transfer factors to depots during the reinforcement phase.

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 7
RE: Transfering between units - 3/4/2008 7:41:48 AM   
Jimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: BruceSinger

You can only transfer factors to Depots during your MOVEMENT phase.  You can NOT transfer factors to depots during the reinforcement phase.

Yes, you can.

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to BruceSinger)
Post #: 8
RE: Transfering between units - 3/4/2008 7:46:44 AM   
bresh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: BruceSinger

Yes, you can.

Yes, as Jimmer wrote :)

Its not described in the manual, but you can.

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 9
RE: Transfering between units - 3/4/2008 11:04:43 AM   
fvianello

Another factor (bug) to consider is that in many situations the program doesn't let you transfer factors unless you have at least 1 factor of that type in your pool.

I use the following workaround:
1. transfer 1 factor from a garrison to the pool
2. do the transfer you really want to do
3. transfer the factor from point 1 back to the garrison

I never tried it with cavalry (only inf)m but it should work anyway if you use a cav corps for step 1.

H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher

(in reply to dulsin1)
Post #: 10
RE: Transfering between units - 3/4/2008 12:38:44 PM   
bresh

quote:

ORIGINAL: HanBarca

Another factor (bug) to consider is that in many situations the program doesn't let you transfer factors unless you have at least 1 factor of that type in your pool.

I use the following workaround:
1. transfer 1 factor from a garrison to the pool
2. do the transfer you really want to do
3. transfer the factor from point 1 back to the garrison

I never tried it with cavalry (only inf)m but it should work anyway if you use a cav corps for step 1.

Im guessing this is only during setup, or ?

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to fvianello)
Post #: 11
RE: Transfering between units - 3/4/2008 12:51:40 PM   
fvianello

It happens during reinforcement phase too

H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 12
RE: Transfering between units - 3/4/2008 1:49:53 PM   
bresh

quote:

ORIGINAL: HanBarca

It happens during reinforcement phase too

Didnt think it possible to transfer factors back to pool during reinf-step.

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to fvianello)
Post #: 13
RE: Transfering between units - 3/5/2008 2:00:10 AM   
Ralegh

The tricky part here is that you cannot empty a corps counter in a movement phase - that may only be done in the reinf phase, where you can choose to remove the counter as the next step.

AFAIK, you cannot transfer factors from a depot to a city, or vice versa - they have to go via a corps.

You can only remove factors from the board and put tehm back in the pool during setup.

HTH
Steve/Ralegh

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 14
RE: Transfering between units - 3/5/2008 2:10:41 AM   
Jimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bresh

Yes, as Jimmer wrote :)

Its not described in the manual, but you can.

Regards
Bresh

Ahhh, good point. I didn't think about checking the manual. I just tried it and it worked.

However, it did NOT work, or, at least, not well, before the patch.

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Transfering between units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI