Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

My Eastern Front scenarios and others

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> My Eastern Front scenarios and others Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My Eastern Front scenarios and others - 9/22/2000 7:26:00 AM   
Supervisor

Hello, There are a number of East Front scenarios I have done for the game some of you may not be aware of. Here is the complete list The Maus That Roared The Hill Bridges of Borisov Last Stand of the 78th Sturm Div Baptism of Fire Ambush Dawn Reconnaissance Road to Berlin series in order Thunder on the Vistula Luck and the Last Teutonic Knight The Kustrin Corridor Objective Berlin Last Stand at Seelowe others Vanishing Division Moment of Truth Frozen Hell Thunder at banya Pass Agony of Doom Breakout from Borisov Kanev Bridgehead Mice vs marshal Frozen Suvanto Slaughterhouse at Sluzsk Draining Dyenfurth Stick by Your Guns Buying the Time Beginning of the End Bridgehead1 and 2 Suprise on the Steppes Dicker Max Tatsinskaya Falls There are several others in the Depot as well. Have fun all ------------------ Grenadier SPWAW Beta Team

Post #: 1
- 9/22/2000 10:56:00 AM   
Grisha

Thanks, Brent

Best regards,
Greg Guerrero

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 2
- 9/23/2000 3:18:00 AM   
Windo von Paene

Hey there Brent, Just got done with the Last Stand of the 78th last night, and wanted to ask a few questions. Broke the Russians, but still only managed to get a draw, as I only got about 3 squads, (2 of which were recon), off the map. CONTAINS SPOILERS . . . . . . . . . . . . My main question is this. Is it even possible to get the wagons loaded with the guns off the map? I swear I had those bad boys moving out from the beginning, and they were still a good 4 or 5 turns movement from the exits. Also did you design this for 4.0 or is it an update? The immobilizations just killed me. Both STUGs, one of the two halftracks, and many of the wagons, (espcially when trying to cross the creeks), got stuck. Also, there is a bit of a map bug on the westernmost creek at or near the ford, the creek doesn't line up with the one above it. It was still an interesting scen.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 3
- 9/23/2000 5:29:00 AM   
Rickenbacker

I've tried Dawn Reconnaisance and The Hill, and probably some others, but those two I remember as really enjoyable, and small (my preference). Got my butt well and truly kicked on The Hill, but won the Dawn Recon pretty easily. It's still nice to see something new, though, and Dawn Recon definitely scores some originality points. ------------------ Mats 'Rickenbacker' Nylund -------------------------- rickenbacker@innocent.com

Mats 'Rickenbacker' Nylund -------------------------- rickenbacker@innocent.com

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 4
- 9/23/2000 7:26:00 AM   
KG Erwin

To Brent "Grenadier", I have admired your scenarios as much as Wild Bill's. I know I'm probably begging the question, but don't all these wonderful East Front scenarios lend themselves to an all-encompassing Eastern Front Campaign? Wouldn't this be the ultimate in the branching scenario campaign setup? I know I don't have the cojones to tackle such a project, BUT, it's an intriguing possibility. GH. ------------------ "Klotzen, nicht Kleckern (roughly translated, 'Boot em, don't spatter em')"--Heinz Guderian

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 5
- 9/23/2000 7:49:00 AM   
stevew

Here is the echo and it's a BIIIG echo ... ;-) ========================================== To Brent "Grenadier", I have admired your scenarios as much as Wild Bill's. I know I'm probably begging the question, but don't all these wonderful East Front scenarios lend themselves to an all-encompassing Eastern Front Campaign? Wouldn't this be the ultimate in the branching scenario campaign setup? I know I don't have the cojones to tackle such a project, BUT, it's an intriguing possibility. GH. ============================================ Owwwww !! It is way too happy if the SPWAW fans can have this one. I don't want anything else for my X'mas. Begging ?? Don't you see I am already on my knees with a rose !! ;-) Tiger Private

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 6
- 9/23/2000 12:35:00 PM   
Supervisor

You did well to get that far. The point of the scenario is to put you in gen Traut's shoes. Abandon the equipment and get the men out if possible or stay together and fight if necessary. Considering that the men were exhausted after nearly 2 weeks of fighting and marching it was a miracle they got as far as they did. I did this one for ver 1 and updated it for ver 4 to take advantage of the exit hexes. Remember that the Germans had to stay in the forests and marshes so breakdowns will occur. There are ways to get across but the scouts haver to find them.I believe that Warhorse got a large amount of equipment out but just barely. The StuG's fare best if they stay with the wagons.
quote:

Originally posted by Windo von Paene: Hey there Brent, Just got done with the Last Stand of the 78th last night, and wanted to ask a few questions. Broke the Russians, but still only managed to get a draw, as I only got about 3 squads, (2 of which were recon), off the map. . . . . . . . . . . . creek doesn't line up with the one above it. It was still an interesting scen.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 7
- 9/23/2000 1:05:00 PM   
Wild Bill

If that monster "Momo" campaign does come forth, Brent would be the man. We have a couple of guys in the beta team that are what I consider the best there is on EF stuff, including of course, the esteemed Grenadier. Wait till you see his Berlin stuff! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> My Eastern Front scenarios and others Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI