Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map Editor Buttons Part Three

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW Thread Hall of Fame >> Map Editor Buttons Part Three Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map Editor Buttons Part Three - 4/16/2001 1:38:00 PM   
Wild Bill

And here are the last ones. I hope you seriously get familiar with these buttons, then read Scenario Design 101 PART III - Map Making Part 2 For damage effects you can have small craters, large craters (very destructive - they'll make a building sometimes just turn into a heap of rubble) or city-grid. This one I hardly use at all. I don't always like the type of layout it gives, but try it out. These are handy. The text button will allow you to write on your map. The "fill" and "fill range" buttons allow you to add increased amounts of the same type of terrain instead of clicking until you get cramps. Here are some more interesting buttons. You can cause the nationalities to switch sides on the map, convert streams into canals (yes-no choice) and lay railroad track. These last three will let you save your map, go back to main editor screen (to change terrain type, lets say) or to display the "help" menu for making maps. You'll get comfortable with these buttons only with practice. With them, you can make some very beautiful maps. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 4/16/2001 5:03:00 PM   
Don

That very last button is one you really need to use and learn what it tells you - the help button. It brings up a screen with all sorts of great info, including the "z" key building lock info! Then you won't be :confused: LOL

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 4/16/2001 9:51:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Very true, Don. It is quite handy...WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 4/18/2001 9:22:00 PM   
ruxius

er..well I beg my pardon for my lazyness , I neglected to look at it too often.. :rolleyes:

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 4/18/2001 9:36:00 PM   
dfsrusa

Just a question about rail roads. It seems to me that they have no effect on game play, i.e. they don't act as a road for movement purposes, right? So they are basically there for the purpose of making the maps more realistic, or true to actual maps of the battle. Am I missing something? Scot Stephenson

Carpe Diem

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
- 4/19/2001 12:29:00 AM   
Don

Hi Scot, Most times RR tracks are for looks - if the actual terrain you are portraying has them, you'll want them on the map. Of course if you're making a scenario with a train in it, then you'll have to have tracks in it. RR tracks are not listed in the terrain movement chart, but I suspect that moving on them can be beneficial, depending on what the surrounding terrain is. One way to tell is to have a unit near the tracks, and try to move the unit by clicking some distance away, but parallel to the RR tracks. If you do this with a road near, the unit will cut over to the road, go down it, then back over to where you clicked. If it does it with the RR tracks, then you know that travelling on it is easier than the surrounding terrain.

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW Thread Hall of Fame >> Map Editor Buttons Part Three Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI