Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Black Sea Trade Rule Omission

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> RE: Black Sea Trade Rule Omission Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Black Sea Trade Rule Omission - 3/6/2008 4:36:12 PM   
eske

#102-N8 NAVAL PHASE
Problem: A major power is unable to lift blockade and rescue blockaded fleets after the enemy captured the city.
File: Unable to lift blockade before evac.sav

Bug here is, that evaciation battle is not resolved immidiatly, when the harbor is captured.

Alea iacta est

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 301
RE: Black Sea Trade Rule Omission - 3/6/2008 5:31:39 PM   
eske

NAVAL PHASE
Problem: A fleet still tries to intercept after it has lost a naval interception battle.
File: frenchblockaderun.sav
As France attack GB blockade at Brest. GB retreat to Portsmouth. Move french fleet to area11, off of Portsmouth.
Now GB fleet tries to intercept again - after having lost a battle and retreated.

Attachment (1)

Alea iacta est

(in reply to eske)
Post #: 302
RE: Black Sea Trade Rule Omission - 3/6/2008 5:37:50 PM   
eske

LAND PHASE
Problem: It is possible to invade from a fleet in a blockade box to other ares than blockaded port.
File: Invade from blockade box
From fleet blocking Portsmouth France can invade other area than Portsmouth

Attachment (1)

Alea iacta est

(in reply to eske)
Post #: 303
RE: Black Sea Trade Rule Omission - 3/6/2008 5:44:12 PM   
eske

GENERAL 
Problem: Corrupted .sav file? Neutral minor forces are present on tha map: Denmark fleet with invasion corps, Tunesian corps. Russian transport area699 show invasion corps still on board. That corps is now in Stockholm.

Attachment (1)

Alea iacta est

(in reply to eske)
Post #: 304
RE: Black Sea Trade Rule Omission - 3/6/2008 5:47:11 PM   
Jimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mardonius

Monadman:

There is another minor rule from the AH game that was omitted from the PC game.

“8.2.1.2.1.3:“Ports on the Black Sea can only trade if given permission by the major power controlling Constantinople” See page 24 AH Rule book.

Should not be too hard to fix by allowing a check box in the Turkish trade options.

best
Mardonius

Actually, they need to be careful on this one. The Turks are not always the power controlling Constantinople. However, the rule could be supplemented by simply saying that either Turkey controls the Dardenelles, or nobody does (if Turkey has lost the capital). It wouldn't be exactly the same, but close enough for 99% of the game.

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to Mardonius)
Post #: 305
RE: Black Sea Trade Rule Omission - 3/6/2008 5:49:00 PM   
eske

NAVAL PHASE 
Problem: Gamestopper! French empty fleet in area10 still on the board. It was wiped out in french naval after GB interception and combat in area8.

Cannot 'End current phase' after done land move. Gets 'Add forces or remove unit' None of that is possible to do with a fleet in a land phase.

Attachment (1) on the map

< Message edited by eske -- 3/6/2008 6:33:08 PM >

Alea iacta est

(in reply to eske)
Post #: 306
RE: Black Sea Trade Rule Omission - 3/6/2008 6:29:43 PM   
eske

NAVAL PHASE 
Problem: It is possible to move one fleet first, then selcet a second fleet. Move second fleet to same area as first fleet. Activate Stack mode and move combined fleet as one.
File: None

According to the rules/manual whenever you stop moving one fleet and start moving another, you can't start moving the first again. So if you want to combine fleets you must move the first fleet to where the second starts, activate stack mode, and move on, until movements points are spent. A much more limited movement procedure than is implemented.

Alea iacta est

(in reply to eske)
Post #: 307
RE: Black Sea Trade Rule Omission - 3/6/2008 7:04:15 PM   
bresh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jimmer

quote:

Monadman:

There is another minor rule from the AH game that was omitted from the PC game.

“8.2.1.2.1.3:“Ports on the Black Sea can only trade if given permission by the major power controlling Constantinople” See page 24 AH Rule book.

Should not be too hard to fix by allowing a check box in the Turkish trade options.

best
Mardonius

Actually, they need to be careful on this one. The Turks are not always the power controlling Constantinople. However, the rule could be supplemented by simply saying that either Turkey controls the Dardenelles, or nobody does (if Turkey has lost the capital). It wouldn't be exactly the same, but close enough for 99% of the game.

It will need alot of coding, since EIA-rules say they do not control the Dardenelles if Constantinople is lost or besieged.

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 308
Major Backup Combat Bug - 3/6/2008 8:48:37 PM   
ecn1

OKay, this is has happened twice so far in games I am in.

A backup is required on someone's land phase where combat between major powers is about to happen and battle files will be exchanged. After the backup, the phasing major power cannot get a battle file generated. They click on the territory and nothing happens, even though both stacks are in the area.

For example, in the attached game, we had to do a backup after French land phase and before his combat phase, but now he cant seem to generate battle file for the area that has his and the prussian stack.

Suggestions? this would seem to screw up games, if you do a backup but then cant fight battles?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 309
RE: Major Backup Combat Bug - 3/6/2008 10:16:21 PM   
bresh

quote:

ORIGINAL: ecn1

OKay, this is has happened twice so far in games I am in.

A backup is required on someone's land phase where combat between major powers is about to happen and battle files will be exchanged. After the backup, the phasing major power cannot get a battle file generated. They click on the territory and nothing happens, even though both stacks are in the area.

For example, in the attached game, we had to do a backup after French land phase and before his combat phase, but now he cant seem to generate battle file for the area that has his and the prussian stack.

Suggestions? this would seem to screw up games, if you do a backup but then cant fight battles?

Dont think you are supposed to split up move-phase+combat-phase.
Normally France would only send his landmove after combats.
I dont know much about hosting, but think you would have to use backup from before French landmove.
If you are lucky one of the fixes comming in 1.02 patch could solve it, but dont know.

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to ecn1)
Post #: 310
Disappearing Corps - 3/7/2008 10:50:11 PM   
j_gerwe

I'm hosting a PBEM game. When I took my Feb '05 land phase as France, any coprs that I tried to move was removed from the map and is now available for reinforcement. We proceeded, and the others are not seeing any issues in their games, but my game shows that their coprs were removed as well. I installed the patch but am not sure if the others have done so yet.

Thanks for any ideas,
Jim

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 311
Potential synch issue w/ prisoner release - 3/8/2008 12:25:45 AM   
Grognot

Haven't tested to see whether this can cause freaky things, but it's possible to order the release of prisoners when it's not your turn.  Event gets logged as if the phasing player were the one releasing them.

(in reply to j_gerwe)
Post #: 312
UI issue -- inaccessible fleet info - 3/8/2008 8:49:19 AM   
Grognot

In this situation, as Prussia, there appears to be no way to view the second (lower in the stack) Turkish fleet. It cannot be found in either the AS or ES tabs, regardless of scrolling.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Grognot)
Post #: 313
RE: Reporting Bugs (as of v.1.01b) - 3/8/2008 9:09:28 AM   
mariom1au

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: exp101

"No, port supply source...depot on fleet lost" bug

This has happened twice in the same PBEM game. A GB one-factor HF had a depot onboard for invasion supply. The depot was suddenly removed and the event recorded (see language above) even though there are at least 2 unblockaded British supply-source ports with fleet counters and depots. The fleet with the depot was not moved in any way. In the files attached, this occurred immediately following the June British naval phase. Earlier it happened in the April Land/Land combat between the Prussian and French phases.

Annoying in that it requires GB to spend an additional $$ to place a new invasion supply depot.

Thanks,
Ron

I've seen this bug many times, too. As GB, it's not so bad, because it just costs $1 to rebuild it. But, it's money that shouldn't need to be spent.

I tried some playtesting with this, and I found that it ALWAYS deletes the depot on a fleet at sea. Furthermore, it does not do so until after naval movement is complete. I did not have any naval battles, so I couldn't tell if it was between naval move and naval combat. But, they were gone at the beginning of the land movement phase, yet present at the beginning of the naval move phase.

NOTE: The depot which was the supply source for these depots was never removed, no was at least one fleet that was in that port (which isn't even required, but I just wanted to rule that out).

I have got the same with the Turks.
I am invading Egypt and thought to use sea supply to save money. I was able to supply my troops cheaply off the coast but after I ended the land phase it has been deleted.
At least I got to it for the one turn I need it.

Mario

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 314
RE: Disappearing Corps - 3/10/2008 12:24:21 AM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: j_gerwe

I'm hosting a PBEM game. When I took my Feb '05 land phase as France, any coprs that I tried to move was removed from the map and is now available for reinforcement. We proceeded, and the others are not seeing any issues in their games, but my game shows that their coprs were removed as well. I installed the patch but am not sure if the others have done so yet.

Thanks for any ideas,
Jim

This one looks like a version conflict with compounding problems from it. When 1.02 comes out, have everyone upgrade to it and restart your game. We have added an auto backup function in 1.02 that saves the host’s saved game files to the “Save” folder at the start of each month’s Diplomacy Phase, however, it is also recommended that the host does a manual backup at various times throughout the game (e.g. when large land battles are imminent).

Richard

(in reply to j_gerwe)
Post #: 315
RE: Black Sea Trade Rule Omission - 3/10/2008 12:27:21 AM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: eske

NAVAL PHASE 
Problem: Gamestopper! French empty fleet in area10 still on the board. It was wiped out in french naval after GB interception and combat in area8.

Cannot 'End current phase' after done land move. Gets 'Add forces or remove unit' None of that is possible to do with a fleet in a land phase.

Attachment (1) on the map

No file was not attached. Could you try uploading it again? Thanks

Richard

(in reply to eske)
Post #: 316
RE: Black Sea Trade Rule Omission - 3/10/2008 12:30:26 AM   
Monadman

quote:

GENERAL 
Problem: Corrupted .sav file? Neutral minor forces are present on tha map: Denmark fleet with invasion corps, Tunesian corps. Russian transport area699 show invasion corps still on board. That corps is now in Stockholm.

Attachment (1)

This one too . . . no file was not attached. Could you upload it again? Thanks

Richard

(in reply to eske)
Post #: 317
RE: UI issue -- inaccessible fleet info - 3/10/2008 12:38:37 AM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grognot

In this situation, as Prussia, there appears to be no way to view the second (lower in the stack) Turkish fleet. It cannot be found in either the AS or ES tabs, regardless of scrolling.

You will have to click on it in order for the program to display it in the Selected Area Info box when there are more than two different major power’s fleets stacked in the same area.

Richard

< Message edited by Monadman -- 3/10/2008 12:39:40 AM >

(in reply to Grognot)
Post #: 318
Strange scuttle? - 3/10/2008 7:48:36 AM   
Grognot

1- Turkish fleets (2) blockade Prussian-controlled Danish fleet in
Corfu

2- Danish fleet attempts to break out, and wins (1 Danish hvy loss vs. 2 Turkish light)

3- Turkish fleets... scuttled? They weren't blockaded, they weren't at war with GB (the other power with a fleet nearby, and they have unblockaded ports available).

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 319
Lost a minor to myself... - 3/10/2008 9:15:57 AM   
Grognot

Prussian-controlled Algerian free state falls to... Prussia. Net gain is 0 PP, but it allows +1 more (for turning it into a FS again) and might have been bad if I were actually using the Algerian corps at the time.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Grognot)
Post #: 320
Reparations delay or mis-assignment? - 3/10/2008 9:31:29 AM   
Grognot

Austria surrenders to Turkey in September. Turkey receives $0 in the economic phase that month; Austria is not bankrupt, according to the logs -- although France supposedly is, which is strange when they have not lost any wars IIRC.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Grognot)
Post #: 321
RE: Black Sea Trade Rule Omission - 3/10/2008 1:08:37 PM   
eske

Sry. Its the same file as in this post for both bugreports:
quote:

NAVAL PHASE
Problem: A fleet still tries to intercept after it has lost a naval interception battle.
File: frenchblockaderun.sav
As France attack GB blockade at Brest. GB retreat to Portsmouth. Move french fleet to area11, off of Portsmouth.
Now GB fleet tries to intercept again - after having lost a battle and retreated.

Just did a copypaste. Obvioiusly didn't work
Here it is again

/eske

Attachment (1)

Alea iacta est

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 322
Corfu Set Up Restriction Ommission - 3/10/2008 2:42:26 PM   
Mardonius

Monadman:

Albeit minor in most games, this ommission could be significant in some. Per the Avalon Hill Rule Book page 44 "No more than one (Russian) corps may commence the game based at Corfu (and no excess factors in garrison there)".

best
Mardonius

"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant" -- James Madison
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan

(in reply to eske)
Post #: 323
RE: Corfu Set Up Restriction Ommission - 3/10/2008 3:13:27 PM   
bresh

quote:

Monadman:

Albeit minor in most games, this ommission could be significant in some. Per the Avalon Hill Rule Book page 44 "No more than one (Russian) corps may commence the game based at Corfu (and no excess factors in garrison there)".

best
Mardonius

Im not sure you can use that rule. Its based on EIA where Russian corps beeing bigger and having cav factors in some of them.
Now it would be atleast 2, maybe even 3. Since in EIA 1 corps could be 18 inf 2 cav.
Maybe the limit you want is 20 factors, but thats hard to implement to.

Anyway this is no bug, so maybe just put it in the Tech forum ?

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to Mardonius)
Post #: 324
RE: Corfu Set Up Restriction Ommission - 3/10/2008 3:47:23 PM   
Mardonius

That is a fair point. Might want to limit it by factors then.

"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant" -- James Madison
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 325
Naval Bugs - 3/10/2008 6:33:53 PM   
eske

NAVAL PHASE - 2 BUGS:
1.Bog: Retreated fleets attempts interception.
Did this: Marseilles fleets attack GB Lt.flr blocking Cadiz and win (lifting blockade). GB fleet retreated to Gibraltar.
French fleet continues move, passes Gibraltar. GB fleet retreated to Gibraltar attempts blockade.
I think: GB fleet did not attempt interception from Cadiz blockade box, so it has no orders to do so. After retreat it gets intercept orders. So interception flag gets set and not removed when loosing naval combat. If true, an easy fix.
(I've have seen more occurences of this bug)

2.Bug: Fr. fleet can't enter Dublin.
Did this: In january moved fleet to Dublin blockade box, invaded the area and moved corps into the city. It had no garrison. (By the way was able to build a depot there in january as well. bug 3?)
I think: You are not considered controlling an enemy city until you have occupied it for a full turn. This prevents french fleet from entering Dublin. It prevents GB fleet from entering Dublin blockade box, since city is still considered GB's, which prevents GB from attacking french fleet. This also makes a fleet stay in a city after it is enemy occupied, and postpones forced blockade run until the city changes status to be controlled by occupying nation (at end of a month and also after econ.phase which fits the picture of other bug reports)

Attachment (1)

Alea iacta est

(in reply to Mardonius)
Post #: 326
RE: Naval Bugs - 3/10/2008 11:44:04 PM   
Monadman

quote:

NAVAL PHASE - 2 BUGS:
1.Bog: Retreated fleets attempts interception.
Did this: Marseilles fleets attack GB Lt.flr blocking Cadiz and win (lifting blockade). GB fleet retreated to Gibraltar.
French fleet continues move, passes Gibraltar. GB fleet retreated to Gibraltar attempts blockade.
I think: GB fleet did not attempt interception from Cadiz blockade box, so it has no orders to do so. After retreat it gets intercept orders. So interception flag gets set and not removed when loosing naval combat. If true, an easy fix.
(I've have seen more occurences of this bug)

2.Bug: Fr. fleet can't enter Dublin.
Did this: In january moved fleet to Dublin blockade box, invaded the area and moved corps into the city. It had no garrison. (By the way was able to build a depot there in january as well. bug 3?)
I think: You are not considered controlling an enemy city until you have occupied it for a full turn. This prevents french fleet from entering Dublin. It prevents GB fleet from entering Dublin blockade box, since city is still considered GB's, which prevents GB from attacking french fleet. This also makes a fleet stay in a city after it is enemy occupied, and postpones forced blockade run until the city changes status to be controlled by occupying nation (at end of a month and also after econ.phase which fits the picture of other bug reports)

Re 1: The “lift blockade” is actually an automatic interception made by the non-phasing side when the phasing player wishes to enter the port (an EiANW deviation removes the player choice found in EiA 6.2.3.2.1.3). If the side intercepting from the blockade box should lose and is retreated to another location they may attempt to intercept the same phasing stack from that different area (section 8.5.2), which happened in your example.

Re 2: The depot placement for sea supply is an issue that will be addressed in 1.02a. Thanks for the files.

Richard

(in reply to eske)
Post #: 327
RE: Corfu Set Up Restriction Ommission - 3/10/2008 11:46:15 PM   
Monadman

quote:

That is a fair point. Might want to limit it by factors then.

20 factors in Corfu during setup . . . . on the list for 1.02a. Thanks

Richard

(in reply to Mardonius)
Post #: 328
Cossacks on ships? - 3/10/2008 11:49:44 PM   
Grognot

Rule check -- might want to verify that Cossacks cannot be loaded on ships.  It's been a while back in a game, but ISTR that I brought one to Great Britain via fleet.

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 329
RE: Cossacks on ships? - 3/11/2008 1:21:13 AM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grognot

Rule check -- might want to verify that Cossacks cannot be loaded on ships.  It's been a while back in a game, but ISTR that I brought one to Great Britain via fleet.

Got it. On the 1.02b bug list. Thanks

Richard

(in reply to Grognot)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> RE: Black Sea Trade Rule Omission Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI